Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks everyone! I'm going to call best buy to see if they can help me. The dvds I have are all US region dvds so its not a wrong zone dvd or antyhing. Also MGM might be able to tell me if they had bad dvd box sets out there at least they could tell me if mine were in the bad batch. They wouldnt sue when I'm only asking questions.

I need them to play on my computer so I can rip them and make music videos out of them cause sometimes when I download episodes online the audio is messed up and doesnt work plus it would take me like a month to download all of the seasons to even make a music video.

Harper and Ronon fics
    The Runner

The Outcast and The Outsider

Comment

^I wouldn't tell BestBuy/MGM the reason you need the DVDs to work in your computer is so you can rip them, if I were you!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ecchi View Post
        Yes, I used to own a video/DVD shop and in cases like that most manufactures would say words to the effect of "Then the fault is that you have a cheap player". Which is ironic, because faults like this normally occur on the better players. I had the cheapest possible player in the shop, it would play anything, customers would come in complaining that the DVD disk would not work on their expensive machine, I would pop it into our player and show them that it worked properly. Two days a week there was a street market outside the shop, and if it was one of those days I would point to the market and suggest that they went over there and bought the cheapest player they could find!

I don't mean to sound nitpicky then but why is it that when they master disks they can't test them to fit a wider range of hardware?
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
          I don't mean to sound nitpicky then but why is it that when they master disks they can't test them to fit a wider range of hardware?

Because quality is always after quantity.

Comment

Ahh, so young, so innocent, so gullible! You actually think they give a flying whatsit about customer service? The cheapest way to hit the majority of people is always the company way, if a few come back, they will only fix the problem if it is cheaper to fix the problem than loose those few customers. And film distributors do not even have that worry. They have the copyright on their films/TV shows, so they are the only people legally making copies. They can safely say "If you want to watch our films, then you must buy a DVD player that can show them - And bloody well like it". 99.999% of the time, that is what the customer will do, and the other 0.0001% is too small to care about (or like BambiScott they want to rip the DVD, in which case they don't want them to buy the DVD in anycase).
            My jokes site - http://www.homegrownlaughter.com - for great jokes

It has come to my notice that some people in this forum are using the letter A without having first obtained a licence. Be aware that the letter A is now a patented property, and continuing to use it without a licence will result in criminal prosecution. Please CLICK HERE for full details.

Comment

Question if someone has asked I apoligize but does anyone here know how to upload a clip from DVD to Youtube?

Mod note: even tho its only a clip you would still be breaking copyright in order to upload from DVD to YouTube, so I'm afraid we can't allow discussion. Sorry.
              Last edited by kiwigater; 14 July 2008, 09:57 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                Because quality is always after quantity.

"shrug" I guess ...... This grasshopper learns new things every day

BTW is Gillian in the new x filss movie

Comment

Do they work on a normal dvd player?

Comment

"shrug" I guess ...... This grasshopper learns new things every day

BTW is Gillian in the new x filss movie

Of course . You cannot have the x-files without Scullay!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                      Of course . You cannot have the x-files without Scullay!!!

I wonder if the new movie will be more of the same or will they attempt to tie up some of the many loose ends.

Hey what if Scully & Mulder met The Doctor

Comment

hi!

I wondered if anybody knows if it is possible to get notifications if something new is poasted in a group, which I have joined.

sigpic

Comment

nope sorry, would be a great feature though

Comment

thanks

sigpic

Comment

I was wondering why I have problems with viewing some of the Gate Play vids and yet with some I have no problems at all.
                              I was able to watch the Amanda Tapping Phenomenon thing with no problems but the Tribute to Don Davis and the Continuum screening vids keep freezing on me and won't continue to load.
                              What can I do to rectify this?
                              The furthest I've seen up to is about the 20% mark...I would love to see the rest...please help me.
                              Oh and megaupload is no better.
                              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

How fast is your Internet connection?
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X