X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
    I'm using normal hotmail.

... to add the domain of the site you are registering to and qualify it as "safe sender" in your email account.
    How do I do that?
    I'm not sure how the settings are labeled for hotmail. However, it should be something that can be found in your spam/junk mail/ or options setting. I'd say play around with the menu options of hotmail and see if you come across something similar to that. There should be an option to add an email address to safe senders, and then a generic type option that allows you to add a senders domain, such as @imagerotate.com

Comment

anyone know of a thread where i could post an episode idea? i did a search but i couldn't find anything by the seventh page so i gave up.
      Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
      sigpic

Comment

Here it is: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=45976

I think Mods should sticky it or something. There are A LOT of people who just start new threads when they get an idea.

Comment

Hi Being dyslexic techno babble gives me problems. I have three queries

Worked out how to use quotes and spoilers in posts. But pictures you can post once then someone mentioned using URL aound the pictures so they don't get posted twicw but you can click on it to look. I'm hopeing I'm making sense here.

Also while I'm here like some help with personalising my public profile lots of option great, but to much for a computer novice who only recently got a new computer with Windows Vista- guess what? I don't know what Vista can do. (My fault asking for a laptop with the most up to date windows)

I'd like to start looking at making siggy ect not sure of a site ie. photoshop or maybe Vista I can start looking at to help. Not too technical please.

MCH
          sigpic
          Thanks to DS for my siggy

Comment

Originally posted by MCH View Post
            Worked out how to use quotes and spoilers in posts. But pictures you can post once then someone mentioned using URL aound the pictures so they don't get posted twicw but you can click on it to look. I'm hopeing I'm making sense here.
            What they mean is, the first time, if they're not too big, most people use [IMG][/IMG] tags. The button to insert these tags is a mountain postcard, third from the right on the second row.
            Then, if you quote a pic, take out the image tags and it'll automatically become a URL link that people can just click on. You can do this manually with [URL="url.com/pic"]Title of Link[/URL], if you'd like to title them specially. The button to insert these tags is a globe with a chain link, sixth from the right in the second row.

For pics, definitely no wider than 700px, and it's nice to make them smallish KB. Use 200x700, 50KB sig rules as a guide. If in doubt, link and say how many KBs it is. Thunk threads, for instance, tend to be picture "heavy" so large stuff is more expected. Other threads are lighter and slower broswer people (dial-up) won't be expecting huge stuff.

Also while I'm here like some help with personalising my public profile lots of option great, but to much for a computer novice who only recently got a new computer with Windows Vista- guess what? I don't know what Vista can do. (My fault asking for a laptop with the most up to date windows)
            GW's basic profile customization ("basic" meaning all I know) doesn't really have anything to do with Vista, or your operating system at all. Just go to the page (Control Panel-->Your Profile-->Customize Profile) and pick your options.
            I'd like to start looking at making siggy ect not sure of a site ie. photoshop or maybe Vista I can start looking at to help. Not too technical please.
            That depends on how you learn. Personally, I'm a try-it-first kind of gal. I downloaded Paint.NET and Gimp, both free, though I use mostly Microsoft Paint and Word. You can check out their forums for tips. SueKay and Mala, among others, are absolutely awesome. Check out their stuff for tips.
            sigpic
            "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
            Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
              I don't know if this was an accident, but somebody should probably fix it. The word primer is a substance used as a preparatory coat on previously unpainted wood. I believe you were attempting to use the word Premiere.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/featur...mer_header.jpg
              No. It wasn't an accident. A primer is also an introductory, which covers the basics of a show, text or whatever to allow new people to catch up on what's happened previously.
              "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Hi MCH again,

I have joined the new Stargate Hub the new MGM site. I can download from that site wallpaper and pictures which is the best size.
                1680x1050 or 1280x1024 or 1024x768 and finally 800x600. I downloaded the 800x600 size as a triel run

MCH
                sigpic
                Thanks to DS for my siggy

Comment

Definatly the 800 x600 and that might be too big
                  EDIT:http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=21474
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Hi MCH again,

I have joined the new Stargate Hub the new MGM site. I can download from that site wallpaper and pictures which is the best size.
                    1680x1050 or 1280x1024 or 1024x768 and finally 800x600. I downloaded the 800x600 size as a triel run

MCH
                    What are you using the wallpaper for? Is it for your Windows desktop or a profile page background?
                    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Hi MCH again,

MCH
                      it depends on what your using it for
                      a desktop wallpaper then it depends on the size of your monitor

if your using it for a myspace background go for as big as you can get and try it

Comment

Hello fellow GW brethren. I was wondering if anyone knew exactly (or there about) how many posts you need before you can use your own custom avatar?. I was wondering if I am I even close with my total # of posts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank's.

Comment

about 2000 +/- 200 - changes rather often - so keep posting, you will get there!

sigpic

Comment

Hopefully this is the right place to post this...Trying to upload a sig tried to upload from my puter and photoshop. No probs I preveiw it and it shows up. But when I go to my posts it doesn't come up with my sig. What am I doing wrong?

Cheers for any help

EDIT: Don't worry got it figured out!
                            Last edited by GateRunner; 10 July 2008, 04:19 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

I have a dvd player built into my computer and I tried to play the sga seaspn 4 dvd set on my computer well the disk never comes up to play so i checked my computer for the dvd file and found nothing. Dies anyone have this problem??????? Can anyone please check this for me??? please and thanks! If this doesnt work i might have to take back my dvds which would suck.

I just tired all seasons and the only season I get to play is season 3

Who do i contact (maybe MGM) to complain? I cant believe they wont play on my computer

Please pm me any idea on what I should do.

Harper and Ronon fics
                              The Runner

The Outcast and The Outsider

Comment

Originally posted by BambiScott View Post
                                I have a dvd player built into my computer and I tried to play the sga seaspn 4 dvd set on my computer well the disk never comes up to play so i checked my computer for the dvd file and found nothing. Dies anyone have this problem??????? Can anyone please check this for me??? please and thanks! If this doesnt work i might have to take back my dvds which would suck.
                                Assuming your computer and DVD drive are working OK, two possibilities come to mind:
                                (1) You may have a faulty DVD.
                                (2) You are using Windows. Windows has so many security features to stop you playing out of zone DVDs or pirate copies that it often assumes a perfectly legal DVD is a copy or an import, and refuses to play it. I'm afraid that if you don't like banging your head against a wall in frustration, you shouldn't use a computer that runs Windows to watch a DVD.

Who do i contact (maybe MGM) to complain?
                                If it is the DVD, take it back to the shop, complaining to the manufacturer (MGM) will get you a refund in a few months time, the shop could do so immediately. If the problem is with is Windows, good luck complaining to Microsoft, they don't care.

Please pm me any idea on what I should do.
                                It always annoys me when people ask for a reply in a private message, this is supposed to be a public forum, whatever answer is given to you may possibly help someone else too. Saying "please pm me a reply", is basically saying "please help me but nobody else".
                                My jokes site - http://www.homegrownlaughter.com - for great jokes

It has come to my notice that some people in this forum are using the letter A without having first obtained a licence. Be aware that the letter A is now a patented property, and continuing to use it without a licence will result in criminal prosecution. Please CLICK HERE for full details.

Comment

Working...
                                X