Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the difference between a Probie and an Airman?

Comment

PRobie and Airman are just some of the Forum User fun "Ranks".

See this thread X-treme Guideto GateWorld

and "Probie" status for New Members for more help.
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Staff Sergeant =

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper 1 View Post
          Staff Sergeant =
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=18320
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Is there a way to edit my posts?
            I've seen another Probie edit his post, but I don't see an edit button anywhere.
            Can someone help me?

Comment

Are you sure?

Their should be a big edit button right next to the quote one for your posts
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Unfortunately not. Only the two quote buttons and the quick reply button.

See for yourself:

And I'm 100% logged in. I even tried it with internet explorer (since I'm using firefox with a lot of addons). Logged in and tried to find an edit button... but to no avail.
                Why can other Probies edit their posts? Does it have to do something with post count, time since I registered, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by diMaggio View Post

See for yourself:

And I'm 100% logged in. I even tried it with internet explorer (since I'm using firefox with a lot of addons). Logged in and tried to find an edit button... but to no avail.
                  Why can other Probies edit their posts? Does it have to do something with post count, time since I registered, etc?
                  It's possible you don't have that ability yet, since the mods are checking your posts. They may not want them to be edited yet.
                  no means no, and so does pepper spray
                  Sig by The Carpenter
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by diMaggio View Post

See for yourself:

there is a difference between the *Probie Rank* versus the Probie status. While you are in Probie STATUS you will not be able to edit your posts.

Probie Status is something all new members are subjected to and will automatically level you up once you meet a criteria set by the owner of Post count/time as a member/level of reputation. All three have to be met in order for the status to change you a regular poster that no longer has to have your posts cleared by a Moderator. At that time you will be free to edit your posts
                    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Alright, that makes sense. I just wondered if something was not ok with one of my browser addons, since I use noscript, etc.

Thanks for the clarification!

Comment

does the forum have a slight lag or is it just me >??
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                          It's lagging badly for me too.
                          sigpic

Comment

Its not you. The mods have said Greg is aware of the issue but is having difficulty locating the glitch
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                              It's lagging badly for me too.
                              thanks my internet is dragging today as it is ??
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

thanks my internet is dragging today as it is ??
                                I had a lot of problems last weekend (Internal Server Error, over and over) but that was probably because of the influx of SGU fans It's been okay since

Right now, there are still over 1000 people here
                                McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

Working...
                                X