This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wallpaperman
    Well, I don't plan to make Janet or Jacob for the moment. Maybe janet one day. The next smilies I think to make are Gen. Landry, maybe Walter Harriman, maybe Dr. Lam. But I'd like to make some Galactica ones too.
    Right now, I'm on a bigger project ... so not much time for smilies. But don't loose hope in that, they will probably come, but not now.
    I'll look forward to seeing them. Thanks for all your hard work making these smilies.
    sigpic

Comment

Such a large selection.

Comment

I hate them, they're beyond bad
        err, whoooooo?

Comment

Originally posted by JamesM
          I hate them, they're beyond bad
          That statement is just plain rude.

Note, Wallpaperman, who created the smilies visits this thread, and in fact has made a post just three above yours.

Don't just say you hate them, that's not constructive criticism. Say why you don't like them, suggest some improvements, and perhaps something could be done to make them better.

Personally, I like them, and have become a bit of an addict.

I like the ones where weapons are fired. That way, you can kill your favourite enemy in smilie form:

I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Haha my favorites
            My Blog - - Raise The Fist

Comment

Originally posted by jonno
              That statement is just plain rude.

Note, Wallpaperman, who created the smilies visits this thread, and in fact has made a post just three above yours.

Don't just say you hate them, that's not constructive criticism. Say why you don't like them, suggest some improvements, and perhaps something could be done to make them better.

Personally, I like them, and have become a bit of an addict.

I like the ones where weapons are fired. That way, you can kill your favourite enemy in smilie form:

ok, they are too big, badly drawn, the animation is terrible, colours are yucky, and they don't fit the overall theme.

Happy?

[edit] I've always thought of Gateworld as being quite a professional site, and these smiles do nothing but make it look like an amatuer site run by children who think stupid little faces with guns are cool. I don't mean to offend anyone, but I don't think they fit in well here, and I'll be happy when they are gone.

Also, I don't think they are going to do Gateworlds bandwidth usage any good, and the board is slow enough as it is.
              Last edited by JamesM; 13 January 2006, 10:30 PM.
              err, whoooooo?

Comment

I don't like the gals, though, they're lips are too big, and the Daniel smilie's hair is too flat.
                The rest of them are pretty cool, though. I think I like the Shep smilie best.

Update: Actually, the Dr. Zelenka smilie is my favourite.
                Last edited by 1DanielForMe; 14 January 2006, 03:34 AM.

Comment

some cool smileys indeed

42'nd Street - Points of view

"Looking forward to season 38 of sg1"

Comment

ok, they are too big, badly drawn, the animation is terrible, colours are yucky, and they don't fit the overall theme.

Happy?
                    Happier, yes.

It's just one of my pet hates, which i've started to see a lot more around here recently: people criticising without qualifying that criticism.

I feel if you're not happy about something, you've got to explain why, particularly when you're criticising someone elses creation.

Otherwise you just come across as plain rude.
                    I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

For the most part, I'm loving the new smilies. But I have to say that I'm very offended that Jonas is the only smilie with tape over his mouth!

He also doesn't have a big-smilie one like all the other characters. Considering that it was one of the things he was known for, this seems like a definite need. As a matter of fact, now that I look closer, there isn't a single Jonas smilie that doesn't look like he's either hurt or frowning. (I do love the book, though! <g>)

How about giving Jonas a smile instead of tape? Please??????
                      - Mary
                      SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                      Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Happy?

[edit] I've always thought of Gateworld as being quite a professional site, and these smiles do nothing but make it look like an amatuer site run by children who think stupid little faces with guns are cool. I don't mean to offend anyone, but I don't think they fit in well here, and I'll be happy when they are gone.

Also, I don't think they are going to do Gateworlds bandwidth usage any good, and the board is slow enough as it is.
                        But you did.
                        Gilles
                        http://www.thescifiworld.net

Amanda Tapping interview
                        Ben Browder interview
                        Beau Bridges interview

Comment

Originally posted by Wallpaperman
                          But you did.
                          Awwwww, bless.

err, whoooooo?

Comment

Happy?

That sort of atitude will see you put on moderation!

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
                              That sort of atitude will see you put on moderation!
                              Or peeps will look at you like this. You know if you don't like the new smilies turn them off. You have the option in your control panel.

Comment

You know, if you think you can do better, just do it ...
                                Gilles
                                http://www.thescifiworld.net

Amanda Tapping interview
                                Ben Browder interview
                                Beau Bridges interview

Comment

Working...
                                X