Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything in the new Stargate Universe story is fair game for discussion. I would only ask that people please not quote or repost the old, unfinished and deleted piece from last fall.

Brad was kind enough to share this with us in a new interview this week, and we want to be respectful. Thanks!
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Hi I was wondering on how Gateworld made the Sg1 and SgA icon/smiley characters??? Can someone plz pm me the site that made them or something. I would to make some icons like that

Harper and Ronon fics
      The Runner

The Outcast and The Outsider

Comment

Originally posted by BambiScott View Post
        Hi I was wondering on how Gateworld made the Sg1 and SgA icon/smiley characters??? Can someone plz pm me the site that made them or something. I would to make some icons like that
        I am not sure what programs he uses or sites but here is the info on Gilles, the gentleman that makes our smilies

BIG thanks goes to Gilles (Wallpaperman) for making these!

You can PM him or locate his profile and possibly email him
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
          I am not sure what programs he uses or sites but here is the info on Gilles, the gentleman that makes our smilies

BIG thanks goes to Gilles (Wallpaperman) for making these!

You can PM him or locate his profile and possibly email him
          He doesnt take pm's Also I cant email him

Harper and Ronon fics
          The Runner

The Outcast and The Outsider

Comment

mm Well let me raise up the Smilie thread and you can place your request in there

Also we have a Members helping Members thread and I know there are other Members making smilies so possibly they can help you as well if you post a request for information there

ETA: here is link to the smilie thread Thread
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Both these threads contain general articles on SANCTUARY. Can you combine them into one for SANCTUARY: news, articles and reviews?

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=44027

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=50924

Thx.

Comment

When is the Doctor Who ep discussion thread for "Fires of Pompeii" going to be moved/merged to the episode section? Soon? The one there now in the general section has no spoiler warning, so folks may get spoiled, before they realise that hardly anyone is tagging their entries.

Thank you.

Comment

It aired a couple of hours ago in the UK right? (I think it's 1.30am there right now.... stupid time zones!).

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater View Post
                    It aired a couple of hours ago in the UK right? (I think it's 1.30am there right now.... stupid time zones!).
                    I don't know I live in Australia! lol

Can you also merge into the episode thread the thread that was already started? (same title) It has like 20-30 posts on the episode already.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi, I'm a newbie here, and I was just wandering how to use spoiler tags.
                      sigpic

Comment

two ways

see that little white square with a ! in the middle?

hilight what you want to hide behind tags, then click that button and it's put in for you

the other way is to type it on either side of what you want to hide
                        [ spoiler] [ / spoiler]
                        [ spoilers] [ /spoilers]

just take out the spaces
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

This isn't really forum related but I wasn't sure where to go with this so here it is. Apologies if I should have pursued it through different channels.

I would like to request that one of my fanfics be removed from the gatewrold database. It's something I wrote a few years ago and subsequently regretted posting. I've become disgusted with it to be honest.

I can understand that you probably don't care in the slightest and your attitude should be something along the lines of "Screw you, it's your fault for posting it in the first place." However I implore you to be compassionate. This particular piece was responsible for an embarrassing situation recently with regard to me seeking employment. I'd like to avoid a repeat of such events.

I know this is an unusual request but I ask you to please consider it.

Thank you.
                          "I'm the greatest because I'm alive. That's it. Period.
                          I'm not greedy. If I can catch a Goa'uld equipped with all kinds of fancy toys without risking my neck that's a damn good compromise."

Spoiler:

Comment

Normally Aris if you posted something you have the ability to delete it

however if you can't you are welcome to send me a link to the post via PM and I will remove it for you

Comment

I have some questions on the new pic policy, because it seems to confuse some people, including myself. I know little about computers and files and all, so I hope the questions aren't too dumb..

Does it only count for .gifs files or all pics? I usually post .jpg files.

And if the pic does stretch the page, you can't post it at all, or is it okay then to put it under spoiler tags, which I always do?

It seems everyone is now posting attachments instead of the normal way of posting pics, even if the pic isn't stretching the page. Is this what was we're supposed to do now with all pics?

I also have to admit that the attachments aren't my favorites, it looks less nice and you have a quota you are bound too. Although I understand the stretching ones are annoying.
                              Sigs by me, CazzBlade, Luciana, csom, scifan, sgmajorshipper, x_stargatergirl_x and LJ's glaringcandle
                              Save Our Seeker!
                              LotS on LJ.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                                Normally Aris if you posted something you have the ability to delete it

however if you can't you are welcome to send me a link to the post via PM and I will remove it for you
                                we may need to get darren in on it. i used to have access to the deleter page, but i don't nkow if that still works since the fanfic uploader has been down for so long.

but let us know where it is and what it is and we'll see what we can do
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X