Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Folks, the question regarding moderation vs. banning has already been answered so please don't post about it anymore. Putting people on moderation for rule-breaking is a tool that we use and it's not meant to be convenient nor universally liked and, while opinions are welcome, it's not a system that we're going to be changing any time soon.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

There's also the fact that moderation isn't merely punitive, it's a tool for us to prevent further trouble and to assess whether a poster is posting acceptably. If someone breaks rules repeatedly, and we ban her for a fortnight, and she comes back breaking those same rules, what's been achieved?

But: if she posts for a week, and we vet each post and pass those which are acceptable, and we can see that we're passing everything, we can take her off moderation, confident that we can let her go her merry way and not sit on her shoulder peering for errors thereafter.

Or: if she posts for a fortnight and her posts are having to be deleted as too inflamatory or rude or crude, we're going to know at the end of the week that there's no point removing the moderation; it'd only lead to people getting insulted again, reports of posts, further infractions and aggro.

Basically, it's not in *our* interests to ban miscreants unless we decide they never deserve to ever come back. And if you honestly believe that it'd be more convenient and fun and pretty for the miscreants themselves of we banned rather than modded...

... yeah, so?

Madeleine

Comment

so who do i talk to around here for my perfectly harmless posts being deleted?

cause it's getting ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
          so who do i talk to around here for my perfectly harmless posts being deleted?

cause it's getting ridiculous.
          You PM a moderator and send a link of where you think you should not have been deleted and we will discuss it.
          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

It does bring up something of future reference for folks...if ANY poster has an issue with something a mod does, then PM another mod and ask his/her opinion. We keep an eye on each other as much as we keep an eye on posters

There's nothing wrong with asking for a second opinion.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Couldn't resist the question.
              Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen Blue View Post

Couldn't resist the question.
                Its a case of the less insane?...more insane? running the asylum

but I am not sure if that answers the question *Who watches the watchers*
                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Anyone willing to get rid of this [mod snip]
                  Last edited by Feli; 24 April 2008, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                    Anyone willing to get rid of this [mod snip]
                    It's already been taken care of. But pleeeeeaaase use the report post function next time as this will catch our attention much faster!

Comment

I've noticed the Blakes 7 thread has been removed completely & I can guess why!!!!!

I'm assuming it's because the thread went seriously off topic and had very little to do with the subject rather than an objection to Blakes 7 itself.

That being so, am I OK to start the thread again & (hopefully) everyone will talk about Blakes 7?

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                        I've noticed the Blakes 7 thread has been removed completely & I can guess why!!!!!

I'm assuming it's because the thread went seriously off topic and had very little to do with the subject rather than an objection to Blakes 7 itself.

That being so, am I OK to start the thread again & (hopefully) everyone will talk about Blakes 7?

The thread is being reviewed at the moment by one of the mods and will be moved back out once that's done. Therefore please don't create a new thread just yet!
                        Should it turn out that the existing thread cannot be salvaged we'll let you know.

Comment

The Blakes 7 has been restored

Comment

Hi! I need to know if I am allowed to use the smiley in a sig that I'm making for the S/J Shipper Family thread. Would really appreciate if you can give me permission as it is exactly what I need to complete the sig.
                            Thanks

Comment

gifs hosted off site, i believe, are inserted into posts using hte IMG tags

so upload it somewhere and hotlink back to it (with permission of course)
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hey i was just wondering if my sig is to big or not?
                                Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Working...
                                X