Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We haven't had any reports about that.(Till now)

Usually that kind of thing's caused by a browser or add-on failure.

Have you checked you've got the current Java,Adobe settings and Browser edition loaded?
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

It's just 19 days until new Doctor Who. Please can someone add the latest episode title to the Series 33 thread. It's called The Bells of St John. The BBC seem to be keeping the remaining titles of the series firmly under wraps (although two titles are said to be Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS and The Last Cyberman but these have not been officially confirmed by the BBC yet).

Thank you!

Comment

We'll remind Darren, he's usually the thread maker.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

No worries,Blen,and y'welcome!

Darren will doing the honours pretty soon once he's done the crosslinks etc from SciFi Stream.

LOL! Same time : twin modding.....*runs away from Skydiver*

Comment

Whee, time dilation!!! woohoo
            can i have the weekend over again please?
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Repeat weekends could be fun.If only we had a Tardis or a De Lorean!

*Ahem*

Now to serious Modly news...before I get Modded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Forum E-Mailer's now back to normal connection and flow.

Grateful thanks & hugs to Greg from us all for the fixes!

The Report system and private message notifications are working again,and thread subs should be back to normal now.

IF a Sub still fails ,try re-subscribing to the thread(s),and that should reset everything.

Thanks everyone.

Comment

When trying to use the insert image, it wont work, it worked fine before, is anyone else having trouble?
                sigpic

Comment

Hi Pooks.

If you're using the GW attachments system in threads you might have reached the max limit.

There are ways to get past that problem though :

Delete some really old attachments -only snag is that once you delete those they're gone forever.

Upload/Post the attachments as resized caps or "Thumbnails" from a photo-hosting account (Imageshack,PB or whichever you prefer.)

Imgur is a popular upload/share site too.Worth checking out,though only you can decide if it's right for you.

Whichever way pics are uploaded to Gw the max size per image/animated gif is still 100KB PER image.

If all else fails or if you can't downsize the image enough ,you can post "plain" hyperlinks to the image source.

Comment

Ermm, i just found out the problem, i had plug ins disabled, i have to enable them for each place i visit If i had a brain i'd be dangerous Thankyou dear *crawls away*
                    sigpic

Comment

I've got an issue with my albums:
                      just tried to upload 2 pics but after clicking upload there was just an image with a question mark instead of my pic...one showed up as the file name in my album and I could view it by clicking on it but the other image couldn't be added to the alb.
                      Got a message saying it was an invalid file though it was actually a normal jpg and I still have album storage, at least according to what it says, when I open the window to upload stuff

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
                        Ermm, i just found out the problem, i had plug ins disabled, i have to enable them for each place i visit If i had a brain i'd be dangerous Thankyou dear *crawls away*
                        No probs.Ty for fessing up.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightmarepoet View Post
                          I've got an issue with my albums:
                          just tried to upload 2 pics but after clicking upload there was just an image with a question mark instead of my pic...one showed up as the file name in my album and I could view it by clicking on it but the other image couldn't be added to the alb.
                          Got a message saying it was an invalid file though it was actually a normal jpg and I still have album storage, at least according to what it says, when I open the window to upload stuff
                          Were you trying to upload to your Albums from your computer or from a different source (PB/other host)?

Comment

PC actually and it always worked until now, though I could upload my sigpic from my computer just without problems a few min ago
                            I had troubles with my new ava needed to rezize it on PB since iI got a message it was too big, eventhough it was only 119x 119 pixel instead of 120. But I may have just gotten that wrong, becase it's file size was lager than 19,5 though. But because it says either image or file size must be smaller I thought it would work

Comment

Ok.

Looks like the Uploader's no longer auto-resizing avs,sigs or other images.
                              (That said,I've always had to downsize Avs and Profile pics to fit the KB limits)

This is all probably connected to the fixes Greg had to apply the other day,so I'll let him know.

Comment

Thanks Bagpuss

I always make images a bit over the file size but never over the pic size limit and it worked well upto now

Comment

Working...
                                X