Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're also one of the very few things about this forum that I heartily dislike. It's pure and simple favoritism. A better option, IMO, would be to give anyone with, say, at least 5 years of active posting and, say, 75K posts the right to a custom title. Just my :2cents:
    sigpic

Comment

Custom titles are a very rare gift.Most were given for milestone posts made years ago ( eg 1 million,2 million -5 million posts.)

Others were given for exceptional and unsolicited help given to other members BY other members ,or because a member of the SG PTB,or GW Staff had joined the forum openly to post amongst us.

No further requests/appeals for custom titles or ranks will be given any weight or consideration except during "themes",so there's no need for you or others to take any further offence.

Back to questions for the Mods ,folks.
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
        They're also one of the very few things about this forum that I heartily dislike. It's pure and simple favoritism. A better option, IMO, would be to give anyone with, say, at least 5 years of active posting and, say, 75K posts the right to a custom title. Just my :2cents:
        Jelgate doesn't meet those criteria's...

Though it's fun to see what he'll be next after the Olympic Torch.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Jelgate's status is his and the Staff's business.

If he wants his present title changed he can contact me or Skydiver in his own good time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
            Jelgate's status is his and the Staff's business.

If he wants his present title changed he can contact me or Skydiver in his own good time.
            To clarify, I don't mind his custom title... just interested to see where the change will lead when it changes again (cause it always does, right? Right?).
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

No problemo,Falcon .I think your other post went through while I was typing.

Like I said though,Jel and others who hold custom titles can choose whatever they like within reason /the rules.

I'm not even going to try to guess his/their next preference and if he or others want to chat, this thread isn't the place.

Comment

The board seems a bit slow lately. There's a particularly long wait when you give green. I wonder if anyone else's noticed the same thing?
                sigpic

Comment

Hey,Maneth.
                  The servers are fine and we haven't noticed any outages or spikes recently.

Not sure if this might be what's affecting your use of the forums ,but I've noticed for a few days now that in the pic-heavy threads,some images load very slowly ( almost as a roll-out) ,but when measured, the images themselves are fine on both pixel and KB file size.

Sometimes off-site Image/YT host problems or ads can slow up the Forum threads here too.

( If anyone finds a really slow ad,or one that blocks the Forum control buttons,please let us know, and take a screencap/details if at all possible.)

Comment

Ok....what's with the changing names under the titles? Noticing mine is changing every so often....-scratches head a little- Who's this Gibbs dude?
                    Continuing to work on my Blog, which is my showcase and other things related to what I'm working on!

Check it out here!

https://tyjos84.wordpress.com

Comment

Every month or so we have fun with a theme weekend....this weekend it's NCIS
                      http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...Nov-23-25-NCIS
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Please can someone create a new thread for the new Doctor Who Christmas Special - The Snowmen. Giving plenty of notice as Christmas is so busy for everyone. Thanks.

Comment

Thanks Blen. It's high on the To Do list so it'll be out soon.

Update : thread's up in the Doctor Who Section.TY Darren!
                          Last edited by Bagpuss; 27 November 2012, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Hi everyone.

If you're having problems accessing the forum /getting "Bad Gateway" messages : it's to be expected till Greg has time to get in and deal with everything.

Here's Skydiver's Announcement thread dated Dec 28th : Click for details "Upcoming outage"

Please read these messages and pass word along if anyone asks in threads.

Normal service will be restored as quickly as possible!

Comment

Is there an Andromeda discussion thread? I haven't been able to find one.
                              sigpic

Comment

Sure ! "Andromeda" Appreciation and Discussion Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X