This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When they're not questions.

we've said that we're discussing the issue and we'll post our findings/decisions/ etc here once we have it
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Why do you keep deleting my legitimate questions?
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
        Why do you keep deleting my legitimate questions?
        Because they're not. If Darren or any of the other mods disagrees with a deletion, they still remain in a suspended status where they can be reviewed and re-instated if necessary.

I encourage everyone to read the opening post of this thread:
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....00&postcount=1
        Last edited by Major Tyler; 04 February 2006, 05:29 PM.
        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Could a mod include a spoiler warning in this threads title please?
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=23650

Thanks
          The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by Eoin
            Could a mod include a spoiler warning in this threads title please?
            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=23650

Thanks
            No prob.

Comment

Thanks
              The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by NightWing
                are members still all to do polls in a tread or is that not allowed anymore i thought that i read that it wasn't maybe i'm wrong
                If you would like a poll, include all the options in the opening post of the thread and a time limit if you want one, and then contact a mod to create it for you. Make sure to phrase the options exactly how you want it.

Comment

Once again I ask a simple question and get deleted?
                  gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                  so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                  love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                    Once again I ask a simple question and get deleted?
                    As has been explained to you, ad nauseum, this is not the proper forum (read: thread) for you to be airing your grievances and dirty laundry. If you have a particular issue or dispute of a personal nature, please PM the appropriate parties.

As I mentioned before, even though your posts have been deleted, they still exist and will can be reviewed by Darren and the other mods if need be.

Comment

answer please?
                      love Torri

Comment

Qasim, you have spent 45 minutes asking the same question over and over and over and apparantly have missed the post that says we are discussing the issue and will have an answer when we can.

Just like a child asking 'are we there yet' won't get the car to its destination any faster, posting the same question over and over won't get an answer any faster.

In fact, the more time we spend in this thread deleting the off topic posts, the less time we have to have any sort of a discussion anywhere else.

This topic is tabled for the time being and a response will be communicated to you via PM or in this thread.

Let's move on to something else
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Well on a light hearted note. For the mods who will be watching the superbowl, Seahawks or Steelers?

Comment

Originally posted by Helo
                            Well on a light hearted note. For the mods who will be watching the superbowl, Seahawks or Steelers?
                            D'uh...Steelers OF COURSE!!! there is another Team playing
                            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

As a non-football fan who considers Seattle (a) home, SEAHAWKS BABY!!

Qasim, I've read the last few pages of this thread and several of the deleted posts, and I can't for the life of me figure out what your question was.

If it was regarding post deletions and members being contacted when a post has been deleted, here are my thoughts: With the amount of moving, merging, editing, and deleting that our 10 or so mods do every day, it's not feasible to write a notice and justification for every single mod action. Posts are usually only deleted for a good reason, such as breaking a rule or going substantially and persistantly off-topic; and I don't feel that we owe rule-breakers any more of our limited time than absolutely necessary.

However, if it's a particularly large, thoughtful post, or if it's part of a dispute/discussion that already has been red-flagged (i.e. a Big Deal), we will usually go out of our way to write to the poster as a courtesy. The ones you don't receive a notice about were very likely no big deal.

In the words of Martin Blank, "If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there."

vBulletin has a built-in system that displays a spot where a post was deleted and the reason why (if the deletor chose to enter a reason). We've chosen not to display these for members, as they very much clutter up the forum and would no doubt multiply the questions and second-guessing a hundred fold. Besides, they wouldn't help posters learn that a post has been deleted, as they'd have to deliberately back-track in a thread to stumble upon such a note.
                              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by NightWing
                                i have a favor to ask could a mod if you don't mind create 3 threads for me i can't due to a probblem with vBulletin. i've already told darren and he told me to to reply to a thread and then a mod could spin it off to a actually thread. so if it's not a probelm?
                                We need to know what titles you want and in what folder you want them placed.

Comment

Working...
                                X