Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know this is the mod thread, and I apologise for stepping into it for a bit.
    HOWEVER

Posts you place on forums no longer actually belong to the poster anymore, they are the IP of the host (in this case Gateworld) and there is not a lot you can do about that. Sky and Baggie are quite correct in saying that the software simply could not handle "mass deletions" as it not only affects your post, but people who have quoted your post who may not wish to have their posts deleted.
    At absolute best, a host can move your posts to a non visible thread, but it requires ALOT of work, something Mods on a free forum simply should not be expected, or asked to do.
    As the Poster however, you CAN go back and delete your own posts, but the Onus for that work is on you, not the Host, or the Mods.
    None of this information should be taken as GW policy, as I do not speak for GW, but I do know how forums work and you can take it as a "basic course in forums" if you so desire.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Thanks folks. I wasn't asking about posts on threads - it's been so long since I commented on any thread that they'll be long buried anyway. I just wondered if I could close my account in such a way that my profile was no longer visible. I was able to do that on a few other sites and it appeals to my OCD sense of tidiness! No worries if it's not possible here.
      Ta.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

the fanbase is probably small here on gateworld but i was wondering how about having a Mass Effect theme?
        Last Movie Watched
        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
        Life is Strange

Comment

I second this, if possible
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
            Thanks folks. I wasn't asking about posts on threads - it's been so long since I commented on any thread that they'll be long buried anyway. I just wondered if I could close my account in such a way that my profile was no longer visible. I was able to do that on a few other sites and it appeals to my OCD sense of tidiness! No worries if it's not possible here.
            Ta.
            You're very welcome!
            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
              the fanbase is probably small here on gateworld but i was wondering how about having a Mass Effect theme?
              Originally posted by pookey View Post
              I second this, if possible
              Listed M.E. for discussion amongst ye Mods.

Comment

Suggestion for the monthly theme; GET SMART {classic TV series actually; not the recent movie}

I mention it because, well, I'm watching season two

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Listed for discussion.Have to admit I've never seen the 1965 or 1995 series,or the 2008 movie.

That isn't a "no way!" in disguise,but to requote Sky:

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

Suggestions are always welcome. The general criteria is popularity/general knowledge of the theme (show, movie, etc) and how well the mods know it....since we make it up, it's gotta be something we're familiar with.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    Listed for discussion.Have to admit I've never seen the 1965 or 1995 series,or the 2008 movie.

That isn't a "no way!" in disguise,but to requote Sky:
                    I'm talking of the CLASSIC series with Don Adams; I just know that'd I'd make a PERFECt Agent 13. In fact, Baggie you do know your hair care cabinet needs reoriginsing right ?

HEY! I asked a question {bolded test}

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Still clueless,I'm afraid,but intrigued!

Comment

I'm agent 99! Poor Maxwell - anything but Smart had to love his shoe phone though.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'd like to suggest the old tv show The Avengers with Diana Rigg.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                            Still clueless,I'm afraid,but intrigued!
                            Agent 13 {and Agent 24} were the agents that get staked out in weird places, for example, Agent 13 got shipped into KAOS HQ inside a SOFA, another time when CONTROL saved the life of an Arab prince, Agent 13 was locked inside the FIREPLACE, then when classical paintings were disappearing from the local art house, Agent 13 was in one of those wall paintings! Agent 24 however was best known and seen in the two part episode of season one of Get Smart wherein they were on a cruiseship, Agent 24 was reassigned after getting shot to a deskjob {which he actually preferred}

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                              I'd like to suggest the old tv show The Avengers with Diana Rigg.
                              Ah! The Black Queen herself.

Have we had The Prisoner as a theme yet?

FF
                              sigpic

Comment

Added all these to the discussion list.

Comment

Working...
                                X