Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The pic doesn't give anything away from the scene,and doesn't include any text from the script,so please feel free to go ahead and use it.
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
      The pic doesn't give anything away from the scene,and doesn't include any text from the script,so please feel free to go ahead and use it.
      Thank you.

Comment

Something weird started today. It only happens when I'm on GW and PB.

I'm getting a "sidebar" that says either "Related Searches" or "Recent Searches." Some of the related or recent searches ARE recent or related, but most of them are not.

If you need a screen cap, please let me know.

Comment

I can't see anything about searches in my view of the Forum on IE or FF ,so a screencap would be very helpful.

( Off to check via Chrome.)

Edit : this attachment shows what I see on IE,FF and Chrome/Safari (all on the latest editions.)

Cap of Forum view.JPG

Is that what you see ?
          Last edited by Bagpuss; 25 May 2013, 11:42 PM.

Comment

I'm baaaaaack. When I'm reading the forums, I see other Probies that have avatars, but when I click on "Edit Avatar" it just asks me if I've gotten my activation email yet. It also suggests that I might not have sufficient privileges to access my own account. Is this normal?
            sigpic
            "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allen Poe

Comment

That whole piece about "privileges" is a system message reminder of the restrictions on Probies.( See The Probie thread I linked to.)

I'd taken you off Probie yesterday so you should've been able to get into your controls.

Can you try again?

Comment

Just a heads-up on something where I'm not sure whether it represents a problem with my computer (doubtful) or something weird on the site...

In the Fanfiction forum, the sticky thread Fanfic Recommendations won't unbold even though I've clicked into the thread and read the latest post (even the last two pages of posts just to see if the title would unbold once I went back to the main subforum page). And no, I'm not using my "back" button to get back to the subforum, I'm clicking the actual subforum link at the top left.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                sigpic
                now also appearing on DeviantArt
                Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Usually when threads keep showing as "unread" it's because your cookies haven't updated,so you need to take a look at your browser settings.

If you can't see anything there: Clear your cache ,cookies and browser then see if that clears the thread.

If you still see that thread as bolded/unread and you don't want to reply to any other FF threads with unread posts : double-click on the Stargate icon beside the Fanfiction section to mark all threads as "read."

Comment

Huzzah! It works! Thank you! (falls to knees) I tremble at the power of the mods!
                    sigpic
                    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allen Poe

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                      Usually when threads keep showing as "unread" it's because your cookies haven't updated,so you need to take a look at your browser settings.

If you can't see anything there: Clear your cache ,cookies and browser then see if that clears the thread.

If you still see that thread as bolded/unread and you don't want to reply to any other FF threads with unread posts : double-click on the Stargate icon beside the Fanfiction section to mark all threads as "read."
                      Nope; it's still doing it, and it's only that one thread. Everything else behaves just fine. I did everything except "mark all read" because there are things I do want to follow up on.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                      Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                      sigpic
                      now also appearing on DeviantArt
                      Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by FreeRadical View Post
                        Huzzah! It works! Thank you! (falls to knees) I tremble at the power of the mods!
                        Glad to help.

Have fun on the threads.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                          Nope; it's still doing it, and it's only that one thread. Everything else behaves just fine. I did everything except "mark all read" because there are things I do want to follow up on.
                          About all that's left to advise then is that you check you're running the latest editions of your Browser and plug-ins.
                          Then reboot your computer.

Comment

I'd like to add another problem to the Fanfic Recommendations thread. When I click the 'go to new posts' blue button on the left of the thread (beside the envelope) it takes me to the 'Jack/Sam Fic Recs' thread. The same thing happens when I click the right-hand blue button 'go to last post'.
                            sigpic

Comment

Can you do me a favour? Post to the Fanfic recs thread and mark the post "Test",so I can try the same route.

Comment

I can't post to it as I keep getting re-directed to the Jack/Sam thread.

ETA: I got into the thread by going via the very first post and getting to the last page. I've posted a test for you, Baggie.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X