This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi!

I know you and the other recent RDA Thunkers have discussed all this (RDA/Jack O'Neill Thunk Thread),but the best way to get word out to RDA/Jack fans and GateWorlders/Lurkers who don't post in there will be for you (or one of the others?) to create a new thread in the Stargate Fandom section.

Include the direct link to Kate and RDA's messages rdanderson.com-go to "What's New?"
    WHAT'S NEW

November 17, 2015
    Updates - Note From Rick - Andy
    Updates - Get Well RDA

November 15, 2015
    Updates - Note From Rick - Super Megafest Cancellation
    Link to the Forum thread too: RDAForum.View topic->"Love and encouragement for RDA" in the opening post.
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

This month's Forum "Theme" is almost upon us: November Theme: The Hunger Games,so if any of you are confused by the post/reputation title changes this w/e or want to post feedback - head over there,please.

(If anyone has any ideas for future themes especially for 2016,pm or e-mail Mod (me,Skydiver,JasminaGo or Rosehawk) any time and we'll see what we can arrange!)

Comment

I have a question.
        If I send someone a gif that is not "PG" via PM, is that ok, or does that break the GW terms of usage?

EDIT: not for Pron reasons, but for language reasons
        I thought I should make that clear.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Hi GF!

The general rule of thumb everywhere on/off the Forum is "keep it PG/Family friendly," (FAQ) but if I were you,I'd just contact the person you want to send the gif to and get their consent in advance.Ask if they'd prefer to be contacted via e-mail.

That consent once given means they choose to view the gif,and you're covered if they decide to report /forward the PM/e-mail to the Mods.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
            Hi GF!

The general rule of thumb everywhere on/off the Forum is "keep it PG/Family friendly," (FAQ) but if I were you,I'd just contact the person you want to send the gif to and get their consent in advance.Ask if they'd prefer to be contacted via e-mail.

That consent once given means they choose to view the gif,and you're covered if they decide to report /forward the PM/e-mail to the Mods.
            I see.
            I don't intend for the forum to see it, just one person for their personal fun.
            sigpic
            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

No problem, and TY for asking in advance about the rules.

Thing is the rules apply to everything posted or sent via the forum and PMs are sometimes reported for various reasons,including misunderstood humour or because a term or word that's considered ok by one member is taken as offensive by another.
              Getting the recipient's agreement in advance covers you,but if you're sending the gif to someone you know well,chances are there won't even be any problems.

Comment

I can't seem to post. Is this common for new members? I have signed up so I could write about Stargate, but what's the point if every post I spend time in writing gets flagged as spam?

Can someone please assist? I looked to see if I could mail a support page, but doesn't seem there is one.

Comment

You're on Probie Status for now like all new members,and your posts have been cleared.They weren't flagged as spam,but queued to be manually cleared.

When you registered,you should've recieved some e-mails,but I'm wondering if they were blocked by your ISP.In those there should've been info about the initial moderation period.
                  Check your spam folder to see if they were sent there.

Our apologies for the delay in clearing your posts.We try to get in to check the forum as often as possible,but tonight ,some Mods are away for the Thanksgiving Day celebrations,and in my own case,I've had to spend hours removing malware from my comp,so couldn't get into GW whilst that was being removed by malwarebytes.

Comment

You're on Probie Status for now like all new members,and your posts have been cleared.They weren't flagged as spam,but queued to be manually cleared.

When you registered,you should've recieved some e-mails,but I'm wondering if they were blocked by your ISP.In those there should've been info about the initial moderation period.
                    Check your spam folder to see if they were sent there.

Our apologies for the delay in clearing your posts.We try to get in to check the forum as often as possible,but tonight ,some Mods are away for the Thanksgiving Day celebrations,and in my own case,I've had to spend hours removing malware from my comp,so couldn't get into GW whilst that was being removed by malwarebytes.
                    It looks like my google account won't allow me to e-mail Gateworld. I got only one mail: Action Required to Activate Membership for GateWorld Forum. I used the links to activate, but besides that there was nothing. And the rest are broken links.

Can't seem to edit my avatar either. I heard you are given ones made by the site, but looks like I can't get those either. Oh well, least my posts are popping up, just invisible.

Comment

Looks like my posts are not appearing to me either. Makes it hard to know what I even say
                      How long is the moderation period? And do you have to keep posting in order to get it lifted or is that just myth?

Comment

Originally posted by The Eye of Ra View Post
                        It looks like my google account won't allow me to e-mail Gateworld. I got only one mail: Action Required to Activate Membership for GateWorld Forum. I used the links to activate, but besides that there was nothing. And the rest are broken links.

Can't seem to edit my avatar either. I heard you are given ones made by the site, but looks like I can't get those either. Oh well, least my posts are popping up, just invisible.
                        The Forum-mailer is automated so can't recieve any replies.
                        Re the Avs: you can access them once you're off probie.

Originally posted by The Eye of Ra View Post
                        Looks like my posts are not appearing to me either. Makes it hard to know what I even say
                        How long is the moderation period? And do you have to keep posting in order to get it lifted or is that just myth?
                        You can blame vbulletin for the no-show on your posts.If you copy/paste what you send into Word before hitting the reply ,you can keep copies on your computer.

Yep: you have to keep posting.We don't have an exact number or date ,because every now and again the site owner varies the figure to deter Spammers.

Comment

Damn Tok'ra. I bet it's them that are spamming the forums, preventing me from posting. just have to keep at it then, hopefully it gets lifted one day.

Comment

Yep: you have to keep posting.We don't have an exact number or date ,because every now and again the site owner varies the figure to deter Spammers.
                            I recently posted a thread, don't know if it got through. I made it short just encase. Anyway you can check?

Comment

No problem!
                              The thread was cleared earlier and you already have a couple of replies.

(Actually you may have already read the posts,but here's a link anyway -> Stargate 1994: What happened to The Children of Ra? )

Comment

No problem!
                                The thread was cleared earlier and you already have a couple of replies.

(Actually you may have already read the posts,but here's a link anyway -> Stargate 1994: What happened to The Children of Ra? )
                                Awesome, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X