This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're welcome,NMP !

With luck the Uploader can be checked out soon and either fixed or ruled out as the cause of the problems.
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
      Ok.

Looks like the Uploader's no longer auto-resizing avs,sigs or other images.
      (That said,I've always had to downsize Avs and Profile pics to fit the KB limits)

This is all probably connected to the fixes Greg had to apply the other day,so I'll let him know.
      TY I had to resize my custom avatar because a message appeared saying it was more than 120x120.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        We haven't had any reports about that.(Till now)

Usually that kind of thing's caused by a browser or add-on failure.

Have you checked you've got the current Java,Adobe settings and Browser edition loaded?
        Thanks. After dealing with another problem (internet connection the speed of sludge) and doing some research looks like the problem is the latest version of Firefox will disable Java and while there are supposed fixes around this (beyond my technical skill apparently) it works just fine with IE. So that's what I'll use for GW until FF and Java get their patches coordinated.
        John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic
        sig and avi by mrscopterdoc for Secret Santa 2015
        Recommended Sheppard/Team Sheppard Fics

Comment

This may be a Darren and Greg issue. Returning to the GW forum page, at the bottom of the screen is a notification that says "Internet Explorer blocked this website from displaying content with security certificate errors." I can click on the box that says "show content". When I was on GW earlier, that bar across the bottom didn't appear.

EDT: I'm getting the same message on the GW homepage.
          Last edited by ScifigirlSG; 18 March 2013, 12:19 AM.

Comment

probably an ad from a server your computer has decided is dodgy. Probably isn't really dodgy, but computers have a bad time deciding what really is/isn't bad.....I have a net nanny at work that blocks all sorts of perfectly fine stuff.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              probably an ad from a server your computer has decided is dodgy. Probably isn't really dodgy, but computers have a bad time deciding what really is/isn't bad.....I have a net nanny at work that blocks all sorts of perfectly fine stuff.
              It's gone now

Comment

All the fonts except on the posts themselves seem to have shrunk with the new release of Firefox. I wonder if it's to do with the settings on this board or vB in general? IE looks much as usual, but I'd hate to have to use it because of the apparent compatibility issue.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                  All the fonts except on the posts themselves seem to have shrunk with the new release of Firefox. I wonder if it's to do with the settings on this board or vB in general? IE looks much as usual, but I'd hate to have to use it because of the apparent compatibility issue.
                  Woirks fine for me in chrome, I stopped using IE when they got too many security issues with ads and the like. Wont be using firefox for a long time though, had poor experiances with it.

On a side note I just want to say THANK YOU MODS for everything you guys have been doing for us here on gateworld ot keep things alive and well and healthy!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                  "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                  "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                    Which new release? I'm on Firefox 19.0.2 if that helps.( I don't use beta versions of anything.)

To me the fonts look the same as ever.Which version of Windows are you using?

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                    Woirks fine for me in chrome, I stopped using IE when they got too many security issues with ads and the like. Wont be using firefox for a long time though, had poor experiances with it.

On a side note I just want to say THANK YOU MODS for everything you guys have been doing for us here on gateworld ot keep things alive and well and healthy!
                    Your opinion is as usual,noted,but bear this in mind :

Any one "set-up" won't suit everyone,regardless of members' recommendations.

Vbb still regard Firefox as the "Optimum" browser.
                    What suits and works for one person,won't necessarily suit others,so go with what works best for yourselves on GW/elsewhere.

Ty for the TY to the Mods/Admins.
                    That said : let's keep the OT chat absolutely minimal in here,and stick to Q/A for the Mods,everyone.

Comment

I'm on Win8, thanks to the new computer, and on the 19.0.2 release.
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks.

I'm on Win 7 so the problem could be a Win 8 vs FF or Win 8 vs vBB incompatibility if you only notice it on GW Forum.

One to note for Greg ,methinks.

Comment

The security certificate notices have returned, and I'm having problems composing pm's. The dialog box prevents sentence spacing causing run-on paragraph(s). When I attempted to add an emoticon, I got a white page.

Comment

To pin this down,can you take a screencap of the notices and dialog box ,Sue?

Comment

i'm not sure this has been brought up before (sorry if i'm repeating), but when you try to see what post you greened someone for, if you follow the link, it just takes you to the very first post of the thread.

(i green ppl, they say thanks, and then i forget why i greened them and want to find out what they said to make me want to )
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Hi Sal.

That's a known glitch that came in at the same time vbulletin gave us the means to see the reps we give to others, and our own reputation "power" in our panels.

ie: not a lot we can do till vbb put a patch out that corrects the busted linkage.

Comment

Working...
                                X