Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mass Effect and other vid games is on the (long!) list.We might need a bit of help when we get round to creating the actual titles.
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

How about moving Helix thread into the show archives?
      Last Movie Watched
      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
      Life is Strange

Comment

Darren's call.He decides where older folders go and which new ones are created.

Comment

Just a little heads up, the description for the Warehouse 13 Fun & Games subforum reads "Games based Warehouse 13". Note the missing "on". Not exactly a pressing matter but I couldn't not mention it.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Thanks,Britta.Fixed!

Comment

Wow! That was quick!

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Thanks !

If only everything was that easy...

Comment

Could you walk me through posting a pic from the GW gallery in thread here? I tried, but it didn't work the way I tried.
                  Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are Crunchy and good with Ketchup.

Comment

Find a cap you want to use,then right click on it ,go to "Save image as" to save the pic to your computer files.You'll have to choose which pic file to use or create one.
                    Example : http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis..._display_media

Once you've saved it ,you can either post the pic as an attachment: click on Pic upload icon..JPG in the line of options in the reply box.When that button's panel comes up : Insert Image Uploader box.JPG
                    Click Basic Uploader,browse,choose the pic and upload it like so...normal_sg1_215_804.JPG

That posts as a "Thumbnail" so to see the full sized version,just click the attached pic.
                    Very easy once you get used to it BUT there are limits on how many pics we can post so posting attachments from your 'puter won't help for long if you want to post lots of images!

Easier to just get a free Photobucket account and save pics to your account "Library":
                    (Using my free PB as I don't have Imageshack or other sites."Imgur" is a free pic hosting site,but if pics are uploaded there they can be deleted after some time and others can use the pic too.)

The full cap is ok under our rules: less than 100KB in fileseize and not more than 700Pixels in width. but if I post it again as a "Thumbnail" it takes less visual space,and reduces the sizes.( That can really help others on slow connections or Dial-up!)

Comment

More about pic-posting!

FAQ: Reading and posting Messages- Attachments
                      Originally posted by FAQ
                      Attachments and Images

How do I attach a file to a post?

To attach a file to your post, you need to be using the main 'New Post' or 'New Thread' page and not 'Quick Reply'. To use the main 'New Post' page, click the 'Post Reply' button in the relevant thread.

On this page, below the message box, you will find a button labelled 'Manage Attachments'. Clicking this button will open a new window for uploading attachments. You can upload an attachment either from your computer or from another URL by using the appropriate box on this page. Alternatively you can click the Attachment Icon to open this page.

To upload a file from your computer, click the 'Browse' button and locate the file. To upload a file from another URL, enter the full URL for the file in the second box on this page. Once you have completed one of the boxes, click 'Upload'.

Once the upload is completed the file name will appear below the input boxes in this window. You can then close the window to return to the new post screen.

What files types can I use? How large can attachments be?

In the attachment window you will find a list of the allowed file types and their maximum sizes. Files that are larger than these sizes will be rejected. There may also be an overall quota limit to the number of attachments you can post to the board.

How do I add an image to a post?

If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed.

To include an image that is not uploaded as an attachment and is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL to the image, (not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the 'Insert Image' icon or by typing [img] before the URL and [/img] after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image. You can insert photos from your albums (?) in this way too.
                      To all: in general,hotlinking pics from other sites isn't allowed- unless you own said site.

Exception: GW Gallery.See snippet...
                      FAQ: Can I hotlink pictures from GateWorld's Stargate Image Gallery?
                      Originally posted by FAQ
                      Can I hotlink pictures from GateWorld's Stargate Image Gallery?
                      You may hotlink to images in the Stargate Image Gallery ONLY on GateWorld Forum. Please do not hotlink on other sites, as it can have a significant impact on our bandwidth.

You can link the thumbnail-sized or regular-sized images, but please DO NOT hotlink the large, hi-res images.
                      Unfortunately,I can't get the hotlinks to work from the Gallery -> here.
                      This might be a glitch,or a deliberate change made by our SysAdmin when he recently had to repair the Gallery,so I've E-mailed Darren so he can check it out.

Comment

Thanks y'all! I'll have to try it out.

And bagpuss, thanks for that proviso--I was trying to hotlink from the gallery to here and it wasn't working, which is why I asked.

*waits to see what the issue is with that*
                        Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are Crunchy and good with Ketchup.

Comment

Hi,

Every time I refresh the page on the forum it logs me out...and I have to log back in again. Any ideas? It has only happened in the Supernatural forum since that's where I spend most of, if not all of, my time here.

Would appreciate any help. Thank you.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by ME.

Comment

Is the "Remember Me" box staying checked?

Even if it is,check your browser cookie settings to see if you've lost the one that keeps you logged in.

Comment

I will check to see if that box is checked. Don't know how it would become unchecked though.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by ME.

Comment

It can happen if your mouse double-clicks accidentally when you log in.

What's most likely is that you need to reactivate the cookie for the Forum.

Originally posted by FAQ: cookies
                                The use of cookies on this forum is optional, but may enhance your experience of the site. Cookies are used to enable functions such as showing whether or not a thread or forum you are viewing has new posts since your last visit, or to automatically log you back in when you return to the site after being away for a while. When you register, you will be given the option to 'Automatically login when you return to the site'. This will store your username and password in a cookie, stored on your computer. If you are using a shared computer, such as in a library, school or internet cafe, or if you have reason to not trust any other users that might use this computer, we do not recommend that you enable this. This forum also gives you the option to use a cookie to track your current session, ensuring that you remain logged-on while browsing the site. If you choose not to store this information in a cookie, the session data will be sent through each link you click. Choosing not to use a cookie may cause problems if your computer's connection to the Internet uses a proxy-server and you share links with other users behind the same proxy. If in doubt, we recommend that you select 'yes' to enable the cookie. After you have registered, you may alter your cookie options at any time by changing the settings on this page.
                                Bolded the relevant pieces.

Are you on FF or Chrome?

Comment

Working...
                                X