This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    The Spoiler button was a customised hack Darren put into the software to save us time,but as far as I can remember,vbb changes kept wiping out the feature.

I've mailed Darren to see if that template's fixable,and I'll post his answer when possible.
    Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    Like Baggie said, the spoiler button was a template hack that Darren put into place. And an update removed it and I think made it hard if not impossible to 'make your own buttons'

VB is great in some ways, a real pita in others. And everytime VB pushed out an update, it undoes every hack and tweak he puts in...and sometimes makes it impossible to redo them.
    Thank you both for the info. Thank you!!
    Richard Dean Anderson is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!
    sigpic
    Hawaii-Five-O-Heat-Wave-Thunk-thread-of-hotness

Comment

You're very welcome!

Alas ,a template fix still isn't possible at this time,so we'll all have to settle for typing out the tag and /end tag codes until further notice.
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Further to that post ^ : no fix available for the CKE/WYSIWYG/Advanced Editor either for the same reasons,so if any of you are still using it ,and find you're running into problems formatting posts : switch to Standard or Basic Editor.

You'll find those options inside your control panel/General settings.

See attachment Post Editor options.JPG

Comment

So...what about a thread for discussing Arrow?

Comment

The finale? Thread's already open!

Comment

Oh wise ones, this lowly servant would like a question answered... I shall appropriately offer to the GW-gods and goddesses in payment!

When you create a thread, you automatically are the only one who can edit the first post (as is the case with every post you make)... however, hypothetically speaking... should a problem arise where in the thread-owner no longer wants to be responsible for updating the first post, is there a possibility for someone else to give the rights to maintain the first post of that thread?

Hypothetically speaking of course...
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

The only people who can edit a post are the person who made the post and the mods. So hypothetically only a mod can take over updating a first post on a thread.

Another hypothetical solution would be to close the original thread, and the person who agrees to take over to start a new thread with a link to the old one in the first post. But this will have to be discussed.
                sigpic

Comment

A hypothetical thanks...

Very informative, oh wise one!
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I signed up a couple of months ago, but I still haven't gotten an activation email. Has something gone wrong, or is this normal?
                    sigpic
                    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allen Poe

Comment

Could be that your e-mailer/IP blocked the Activation mails as potential Spam OR you may have been one of the few people we couldn't contact re the E-mail glitch that hit during early March (7-9 approx.)

( View the link here : Posts 586-588)

Your posts from March 5 and 6 were cleared here and here,so that's the main thing.

If you look at post 1 of the Probie Status thread,here,most of the info you'd have recieved is listed in there by Darren.

Comment

THANK YOU SO MUCH! That is actually about when I signed up, so that explains it. I've been checking my spam folder obsessively, just in case. So, I don't have to do anything to activate my account?

Wizard picture, by the way.
                        sigpic
                        "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allen Poe

Comment

Nothing else you need to do except post and have some fun.Welcome aboard!

( Not sure if you meant my av or sig or someone else's ,but ty anyway!)

Comment

Haven't quite figured out the difference between av and sig yet, but whichever one is the picture of Castiel. And thank you again for your help, I was starting to freak out a little. I'm just very happy to be here.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FreeRadical View Post
                              Haven't quite figured out the difference between av and sig yet, but whichever one is the picture of Castiel. And thank you again for your help, I was starting to freak out a little. I'm just very happy to be here.
                              You're very welcome.
                              Castiel's the Avatar pic.We've got a neat SPN Section here,so I'm sure you'd be very welcome in the threads!

A thread that's recommended in the usual registration mails is this one Welcome New Members!
                              Fun place.
                              Beware the in-jokes...and don't eat any offerings...

Comment

I know it's been ages since I've been in here, but could you tell me if this is considered a spoiler pic? It's from Finale ep, last week. Wasn't sure if rules have been updated since last time I asked similar question.

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X