Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to the admins for restoring my Avatar (I feel wraithy again!) and for changing from white to grey. From an ergonomics point of view, it's a lot easier on the eyes.
    sigpic
    Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
    Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Hi, can I ask the mods why I am continually bein unsubscribed from t Gateworld Cantina? I don't think any of my oterh subscriptions have vaished...
      If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
      sigpic

Comment

glitches? It's nothing that we're doing that i'm aware of
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Who moderates the group discussions, for example, the group The Rufflers?

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            glitches? It's nothing that we're doing that i'm aware of
            So not a mod rebellion against the good old Cantina then? Well here's hoping the glitches will soon be sorted
            If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
            sigpic

Comment

we tend to look into the social groups only when there's a complaint. The rules are looser there (it's the equivalent....imagine that it's a national meeting, we will govern and 'moderate' what happens on the main stage with the main speakers, but we're not going to worry about that group gathered in the corner of the lobby)

If there is something going on that someone feels is inappropriate, there are report post features or you can PM a mod and express your concern and we can look into things

sigpic

Comment

Hi. I'm having trouble accessing my profile... The system message comes up saying that I'm not allowed to access this page.

I haven't been on in a few months, but it let me log on no problems. Do I need to get it reactivated or something?

Please help me.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheyenne Grace View Post
                  Hi. I'm having trouble accessing my profile... The system message comes up saying that I'm not allowed to access this page.

I haven't been on in a few months, but it let me log on no problems. Do I need to get it reactivated or something?

Please help me.
                  that's because you're a probie.

Unfortunately, we had to disable access to profiles because spammers were using them to spread their links and circumvent our modding.

earn your way off probie status - by posting - and you'll be able to see your profile in no time

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir View Post
                    Hi I asked in the members helping members thread without effect: how do I delete group invites?
                    So is it possible to delete group invites? It's really annoying to always see a notification when I log in and to know it's the same silly group as always.
                    sigpic

Comment

When reporting a post I get only a tiny, very tiny box to type in.
                      Screenshot: http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/9...pboard01tz.jpg

Is this new or is this due to the upgrade? Is there any way it could be enlarged again? Should I be posting this in the Tweak list thread? Should I ask Darren? Or could Sky/Tame also fix this?

J.
                      A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

This is the way vB designed it for the upgrade, and I don't know why we would need it to be larger. I could increase the font size, but as for the box itself -- when the mods receive a reported post notification, we're generally not looking for more than about a sentence as to why it is being reported.
                        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I was talking about the box size. I was also thinking about typing two sentences, and beginning with "Dear Mods" or something similar and having a salutation at the end, or a "thank you". I want to be nice and kind, trying to be friendly to the reader of the report (the moderator). However, since the box is so small/tiny, after having entered two sentences the scroll bar already appeared. The font and font size is perfectly fine. I absolutely don't need the room/space for an epistle, but I'd like to have a bit more space, just as it was before. IIRC the box used to be five times the size of what it is now. May I suggest trying to change the text next to the box (the note) to let the box follow, or wouldn't that work? I you really cannot change the box size, I guess we (as IIRC someone else asked about this before too) will just have to live with that nuisance. Thanks for trying though.
                          A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

With Caprica having premiered tonight, will it be getting an Episodes subfolder?
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              With Caprica having premiered tonight, will it be getting an Episodes subfolder?
                              pretty pretty please.
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Yep, in the next couple of weeks, I think. No sense in starting a new folder for a single thread.
                                GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                                The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                                Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Working...
                                X