Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any way I am able to search through a member created sub group rather then shift through hundreds of pages to look for one post?

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf O'Donnell View Post
      Is there any way I am able to search through a member created sub group rather then shift through hundreds of pages to look for one post?
      A PM has been sent to you
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I've heard of threads being merged because of the subject being basically the same, how is this done?
        My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
        sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

we wave our magic mod wand and they merge

if you think there are two threads that should be merged, report them and we'll look it over and see if we agree with you
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

okeydokey, will do, thanks Sky

My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
            sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

I notice in the Doctor Who forum, there's a new folder for the specials. I like that, I didn't like how cluttered the forum was with them all having stickies.

But I was wondering--why are the Christmas specials from previous years in there as well? They're considered part of the previous seasons, both in terms of storytelling and in their subsequent DVD releases. Seems odd to me that they'd get dumped with the 2009 Specials which are clearly part of their own narrative.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

potato, potahtao

two different ways of 'filing' things
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

But there's right and there's wrong
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    But there's right and there's wrong
                    and then there is OUR way which of course transcends the above
                    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

It's not clear-cut whether they are part of the seasons, or specials.

Aside from the massive time gap between episode 13 and the Christmas special, there's evidence like a lack of participation from main cast members (Eccleston in S1, Piper in S2, Agyeman in S3, Tate in S4), the fact that #13 is the proper season finale in storytelling terms, etc., to suggest that they shouldn't be considered part of the season proper.

I think either filing system works. I went with the other one till 2009 gave us nothing but specials. Now this way makes more sense to me.
                      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post

Aside from the massive time gap between episode 13 and the Christmas special, there's evidence like a lack of participation from main cast members (Eccleston in S1, Piper in S2, Agyeman in S3, Tate in S4), the fact that #13 is the proper season finale in storytelling terms, etc., to suggest that they shouldn't be considered part of the season proper.
                        I'd disagree on this. Nearly all of the Christmas episodes are set only a few minutes after the last episode of the season and directly continue the storyline - that sounds like being part of the season to me! It certainly makes more sense than grouping them together, which then chops up the storyline between seasons, as part of each is then missing...

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post

I think either filing system works. I went with the other one till 2009 gave us nothing but specials. Now this way makes more sense to me.
                          But they do fit directly in (and I was under the impression they were regarded as the seasons' episode 0 rather than episode 14)....

The first Christmas in Need short and The Christmas Invasion, David Tennant is even still wearing Chris Eccleston's leather jacket. They pick up immediately where Parting of the Ways ended. Likewise with The Runaway Bride, Donna appeared in the Tardis at the end of Doomsday and then Bride resumed from there. And again with Time Crash and Voyage of the Damned.... Last of the Time Lords ended with the scene on the Tardis where the 'boat' crashes through the wall.

Plus they're on the DVD sets: Invasion on series 28/2's, Bride on series 29/3's, Crash/Voyage on series 30/4's.

I know, it's a little thing. I'm just an organizational freak with a touch of OCD

Comment

I'm just going to ask this and hope it gets to the Great Moderator(s) in the Sky...

Why, when I try to click into "fanfic recommendations" does it jump me to a plain blank page? I can't get in, and I've been trying all day. If there is somewhere else I need to go to ask this, please tell me where to go (that happens all the time to me ). Thanks.
                            sigpic
                            My Stories: FFdotNet
                            My Stories AO3
                            Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                              I'm just going to ask this and hope it gets to the Great Moderator(s) in the Sky...

Why, when I try to click into "fanfic recommendations" does it jump me to a plain blank page? I can't get in, and I've been trying all day. If there is somewhere else I need to go to ask this, please tell me where to go (that happens all the time to me ). Thanks.
                              since changing servers and upgrading our VB we have had an issue getting our Fan Fiction site to work...unfortunately it is a low priority item with Darren moving his whole clan overseas and school and such. There was someone trying to figure it out But we are unsure of the level of that success to date.

So far though it has not been a rousing one

Comment

Okie dokie. Just making sure it wasn't something obscure and lame that I was doing to myself. Is this for the whole area of Fan fic, or just for this recommendations portion? Because I've had no problems getting into other areas.
                                sigpic
                                My Stories: FFdotNet
                                My Stories AO3
                                Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Working...
                                X