This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
    Since it premiered last night in the US (and will later this week in the UK) will we be getting official episode discussion threads for Lost? Thanks
    knew i shoulda looked into that last night

http://forum.gateworld.net/forumdisp...n-Six-Episodes

this is wht happens when a mod isn't home and doesn't get to see the show
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Sorry, I made the LOST Season Six folder a week ago and meant to open it before I went to bed last night! It's a pain to be 5 hours ahead, sometimes.

Thanks, Sky.
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Yesterday I added a couple of items to the calendar but they haven't appeared yet. I know you have to approve them. No worries if you haven't had time to do it, I'm just concerned that I added them right. Could you check for me? Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
          Yesterday I added a couple of items to the calendar but they haven't appeared yet. I know you have to approve them. No worries if you haven't had time to do it, I'm just concerned that I added them right. Could you check for me? Cheers.
          I remember approving them

I found one back on jan 17th, so did you get the month wrong somewhere?
          Last edited by Skydiver; 03 February 2010, 07:00 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks, I see them now. I was clicking on the Year view & assuming that they would show up quite plainly. It's difficult for my old eyes to see the difference between the black numbers & the dark blue ones.

Edit - No - it's supposed to be an annual event. So I hope it will pop up on the 2011 calendar.
            Last edited by Blencathra; 03 February 2010, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Shouldn't on scifi stream continuities get their own sections, e.g. on battle sstar galactica page, shouldn't battlestar galactica reboot be with caprica, and the star trek remake, stargate infinity have it's own section, on their pages like caprica.

What do you think, stay as it is or change?

Comment

ukray, I'm not sure what sort of change you are suggesting. Could you clarify?

Typically, each franchise gets a subfolder. I decided to break out Caprica and give it a top-level folder because it's different enough from BSG, and (hopefully) a major new series for Syfy. But threads related to other spin-offs, like the various Trek series, belong in their franchise folders.

Stargate Infinity doesn't have its own section because, I think, most of our members are trying to forget it exists.
                GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

OK, I don't know if this is the right thread, sorry if it isn't, but a member of the forum email me this message

"I'm having problems signing into the GW forum.

All I can see at the top of the page is a space f
                  for my 'username' but no place to put in my passwo
                  ssword.
                  Can you help? Thanks."

I have no problem to log in, so I don't know what's the problem...can you do something about it, please? And sorry for my english...
                  sigpic
                  Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

I dunno, it almost sounds like a browser issue

if they can send you (or us) a screen shot of what they're seeing, maybe we can see it too

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      I dunno, it almost sounds like a browser issue

if they can send you (or us) a screen shot of what they're seeing, maybe we can see it too
                      Thanks
                      sigpic
                      Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

I'm having that same problem on my laptop. I see everything above that ad at the top, thats it. The rest is dark blue/black
                        Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
                        ---
                        sigpic

Comment

what browser are you using?

I run firefox and I havent' had any issues. I even fired up IE yesterday to see if the signing box was gone and it worked fine

That's all i can think of is that it's a browser issue, or something else local to your computer, and something that the two folks share since they are having the same issue

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            what browser are you using?

I run firefox and I havent' had any issues. I even fired up IE yesterday to see if the signing box was gone and it worked fine

That's all i can think of is that it's a browser issue, or something else local to your computer, and something that the two folks share since they are having the same issue
                            I am having the same problem, I cannot get the forum pages to load, but the problem is with my desktop. I have to use my laptop exclusively to access and post on the forums. So desk top does not load pages, laptop does.

It could be a browser issue, my desktop is 5 years old and my laptop is new.

It could also be a bigger problem for more than just 2-3 people. Because while the forum pages won't load, the rest of the GW site is accessable. Someone can get to GW, get to all the other options except the forums. They may assume the forums are down, or the forums have been disabled or discontinued and just stop trying. Unless they try another computer that will let them access the forums they may assume the forums are gone for good.

If anyone has an answer for the problem I would like to know it. I prefer to use my desktop but at least for now I can get the forum on my laptop.

Addendum: I was able to get on the GW forum site on my desktop once a couple of days ago, but that was only after stting there for about 20 minutes and continuously trying to get on. I was able to use it and navigate it when the screen froze, I had to use Task Manager to get out of it, I tried again to get back, even after repeated tries no luck. When I do try to access the forum page what seems to happen is the page freezes before it finishes loading. It always seems to freeze when it is loading an ad. Don't know if this sheds any light on the issue or not.
                            Last edited by EdenSG; 04 February 2010, 06:22 AM. Reason: addendum

Comment

I'm here again, my friend asked me if you can give me an email address, so she can talk with a mod about her problems, can I give her this address "[email protected]." or that isn't the right one? Thanks.
                              sigpic
                              Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

you can use that and darren will forward it onto Tame or I

Or, she can use the 'send an e-mail' option on a mod's profile, or she can send PM's to whichever of the mods she wishes to speak to

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X