Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we only use e-mail or pm's or messages posted in a thread. If you're getting a popup - it shouldn't be an ad off the site since darren doesn't allow them (the do still slip through every now and then) or you have some malware on your puter that's doing stuff

GW will never ask you to install anything to browse the site (beyond needing a flash player to view videos off the main site i think)
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      we only use e-mail or pm's or messages posted in a thread. If you're getting a popup - it shouldn't be an ad off the site since darren doesn't allow them (the do still slip through every now and then) or you have some malware on your puter that's doing stuff

GW will never ask you to install anything to browse the site (beyond needing a flash player to view videos off the main site i think)
      thankyou for your help
      sigpic

Comment

Good Evening/Morning Mods!

I was just wondering why there hasn't been any new stories on the main page since last Wednesday? The latest Friday Five never came, and just wondering whats going on? Thanks and keep up the good work on here!
        sigpic
        Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

Originally posted by GateTrek2004 View Post
          Good Evening/Morning Mods!

I was just wondering why there hasn't been any new stories on the main page since last Wednesday? The latest Friday Five never came, and just wondering whats going on? Thanks and keep up the good work on here!
          well Darren is in the process of moving and David, the poor guy just got back last week from Comic Con ...and did NOT listen to himself OR me and came down with some serious *Con-crud* so both of the Main Site Gurus have had some real life issues monopolizing their time But as soon as they can things will get back to normal AND I do believe Darren just got this weeks Podcast up so the Friday Five....may just be delayed until this upcoming Friday OR maybe its on special for the midweek...you never know Darren is always full of surprises
          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Thanks Tame! I kinda thought it might had something to do with Comic Con, but did not realize Darren was Moving! Hope everyone gets back soon with a cool head and ready to light our souls with more Gateworld news!
            sigpic
            Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

Hi Mods,

Just a thought. Now I am no techno nerd, but I was wondering if it has ever been suggested to have facebook type game applications so GW friends can play simple games between each other?? i.e Checkers, chess etc etc.

Feel free to file under B.I.N.

Cheers
              sigpic

Comment

I stated a new thread yesterday, or the day before, "What if there was a New Stargate...." at here. http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=68169
                Now I find it has been removed. This is in itself strange, because if the mods had an issue with it, I could have at least been told about it, before the action of removing it entirely took place. But what is really annoying is that my post tally, and others as well, has gone with it's removal, without so much as an explanation as to why.

I admit it was becoming a bit of a debate, but surely the mods could have posted there and told everybody to tone it down. And if one single poster wrecked it, surely only his posts could have been removed. If the thread was offensive in some way, I'd really appreciate knowing what it was, or at the very least have my post tally restored.
                Any help guys?
                My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
                  I stated a new thread yesterday, or the day before, "What if there was a New Stargate...." at here. http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=68169
                  Now I find it has been removed. This is in itself strange, because if the mods had an issue with it, I could have at least been told about it, before the action of removing it entirely took place. But what is really annoying is that my post tally, and others as well, has gone with it's removal, without so much as an explanation as to why.

I admit it was becoming a bit of a debate, but surely the mods could have posted there and told everybody to tone it down. And if one single poster wrecked it, surely only his posts could have been removed. If the thread was offensive in some way, I'd really appreciate knowing what it was, or at the very least have my post tally restored.
                  Any help guys?
                  This is basically a response AND an FYI for any and all so please DO NOT reply to this post if you have any further issues please PM the Moderator of your choice.

There are times when we pull a thread for review, determine what if any of the posts need to be snipped, deleted and what other Moderation actions need to be taken. Then the thread is placed back out for the general public to post in again.

There are times when we pull a thread for review and determine that based on various factors the thread will stay removed.

As much as you and many would like the added explanation and we do often give them, it is a courtesy and NOT an obligation on our parts that it be done. It is a stated fact that it may occur to a post or even a thread at times. The Moderators do not always have the time to inform every thread starter or poster that a discussion has ceased to exist. It is the *nature of the beast* when being part of a very large and varied BB Forum.

Once a Thread is posted it becomes *Forum Property* it is not yours as so many thread originators like to think. But part of the collective forum inventory that we now manage. If for some reason there is an issue with it we take care of that issue.

As I stated above we do try to to give courtesy notifications when time permits, but we are not unduly worried if we can not as it is stated in the rules and FAQ that every member has stated they have read and understood.

So if anyone has any further issue or questions please feel free to PM the Moderator of your choosing
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Hey, hey mods! How's it? Alright, now, the problem is that an add keeps popping up for me. It a GI Joe one and it's only meant to happen if you click it, but I of course don't. I have absolutely no idea why this happens, possibly the ad is glitched. I have even tried unplugging my keyboard, which had no effect !!!!!

Maybe my computer's just being ultra-retarded, I thought at first, but it's happened to me on 2 different computers. I have, as mentioned, no idea as to why !

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme Commander Sil View Post
                      Hey, hey mods! How's it? Alright, now, the problem is that an add keeps popping up for me. It a GI Joe one and it's only meant to happen if you click it, but I of course don't. I have absolutely no idea why this happens, possibly the ad is glitched. I have even tried unplugging my keyboard, which had no effect !!!!!

Maybe my computer's just being ultra-retarded, I thought at first, but it's happened to me on 2 different computers. I have, as mentioned, no idea as to why !

Thanks!
                      Please post this in the Ad thread and follow the request for information regarding the Ad in there
                      Thanks

Comment

I've received a PM, but these no way to reply to it?

Comment

Pm me the user name,please.

Edit : All sorted out. Thanks MWB !
                          Last edited by Bagpuss; 09 August 2009, 10:19 AM.
                          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Why is it that the only place I can't see the symbols in the margins is here on the forum?
                            sigpic
                            Sig by ME.

Comment

probably teh contrast between the symbols and the background. IIRC, darren faded them a bit to make them less 'obnoxious' in the definition of some
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Wouldn't it be better if Darren allowed members to pick a style, as it would stop a lot of the complaints about the current stylesheet - people could switch back - and it would be easy to add a widescreen stylesheet or a "simple" stylesheet were a lot of the fancy stuff like the gradients, backgrounds, buttons, etc. are turned off (or replaced by text links).
                                Signed,

Gregorius
                                Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                                Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Working...
                                X