This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
    ...is it possible to build something code wise where-in there's a ranking system for Males and one for Females.
    Why can't we just be equals?

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
    For that matter, it'd be nice if you could select the ranking system you want to belong to.
    I liked being a Goa'uld overlord, or whatever I was so ... I like to know too...

Also, I have a question of my own regarding the social groups... Is there any way to make the lay-out of the social group go back to what it was? Because it's frakkin' confusing the way it is now. And there's text messing up the whole lay-out from groups that didn't choose an avatar (yet). It's a mess to be quite honest.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Why can't we just be equals?
      I'm sure s/he didn't mean it in a sexist way, just that the ranking system might better reflect ascension to "queen" vs "lord".
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

well, the avatar things will be fixed as soon as i can upload them

i made a bunch today, just haven't had time to upload
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Just to let people know, the social groups should all have icons now. Most are specific to the group, others are just generic place holders. You are certainly free to upload your own, but this was just a way to get the formatting cleared up

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            Is there a way for users to ah....put it back to the old way?
            Nope, sorry. We're stuck with vBulletin's decisions in that regard.
            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Is there a way to fix it so that when you open a discussion thread in the group, you go to the most recent page instead of the first? This is the only change that's kinda bugged me a little. Now, instead of just opening your group and seeing the most recent posts, it's a three step process. You have to open the group, open the thread, and then scroll to the bottom of the page and hit the last page to go to the end of it. It's a little annoying.

Other than that, though, the changes look great. I like the icons to personalize the groups.
              - Life after Stargate -
              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
              sigpic

Comment

i'll defer to darren on that one, because i haven't seen a way to change it. And i agree with you, i liked it with the newest posts first

sigpic

Comment

Is there any way to put in a formal complaint?
                  What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                    Is there any way to put in a formal complaint?
                    You can PM any other Moderator OR Darren with any of your concerns.
                    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                      You can PM any other Moderator OR Darren with any of your concerns.
                      I mean, is there a formal complaints proceedure, something that will be taken down and kept on record?
                      What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

I mean, is there a formal complaints proceedure, something that will be taken down and kept on record?
                        any complaint a member PMs any of us is saved in the Moderators folders and addressed by the Moderator who received it. Darren also addresses and saves any PM he receives with the member and the issue in order to understand the context. Everything is saved and documented by us.

You can save anything you send and/or receive to your own personal computer
                        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

If you PM Darren or any of the other Moderators with your complaint, it will be kept on record.
                          sigpic

Comment

Concerning the avatars in the social groups - can anyone upload one for the group they are a member of, or is this a privilige only for the people who own/created the group?

Comment

you know, i don't know.

what i do is go into the group and then at the bottom you might see a little edit bar with 'join group, edit group, delete group' (don't think you guys will have the delete one)

It's possible that that's something that only the group maker can do.

If it's a case where the thread maker isn't around anymore, let me know. Such as with teh group that wraithlord made and he's no longer around, i transferred that group to someone else

I, as admin, can also upload the avs. In this case i'd say upload what you want as an av into the picture album of the group, let me know, i can download it and upload it as the av

There are a few very generic ones out there but after making a hundred + i started to take the easy way out

If you are the owner of a group and you dont' like the av i uploaded, feel free to change it. I just took the liberty of uploading them to fix the formatting issues

I'll work with you guys however much i can, just as long as there's no 'i dont' like what the owner picked out so i'm gonna pull one over on him/her' stuff going on

And, like i said above, if we have groups that have been abandoned by posters that no longer play here, i can give them to someone else

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the input.

And may I add that it looks much more cleaned up with the av's in place.

Comment

Working...
                                X