This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    putting a 'how to' mail is always a possibility...but it's up to the enrollee to read it.

as to editing threads, if you see a thread that has spoilers in it that need to be marked/tagged, please report a post in the thread pointing it out to us and we'll take care of it

So is it possible to change the name of a thread? I"m thinking that the Carter vs Weir Catfight over Atlantis (Fun and Games) should omit the 'over Atlantis bit'. I'll tco editing the first post.
    "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

we can edit thread titles. Just report a post in it telling us what you want it changed to and if we agree, we'll make the change
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

am i allowed to incorperate flash based sigs into the bb code?
        sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

What is the black reputation point? I've just received one.
          Stolen Kosovo
          sigpic

Comment

black or grey points are given out by those that are too new to have points to give. As a protection against those creating sock puppets to harrass via rep, new users can only give out 'black' points for a certain amount of time

the black ones are neither + or -, they just are

sigpic

Comment

sometimes when I'm trying to post something I get the following error
              The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters
              it doesn't matter if I lengthen or shorten what I wrote, I still can't post it. fortunately it only occured three of four times so far but it can be really annoying, I was wondering if you know what I'm talking about?

EDIT: firefly827347 suggested what may have been the problem, thanx anyway
              Last edited by Jumper_One; 11 December 2007, 09:48 AM.
              sigpic
              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

you were probably typing within quotes. and you have to type at least one thing outside the quotes for it to work

sigpic

Comment

How do you get a picture inside of spoiler tags for a signature?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Carter1994 View Post
                    How do you get a picture inside of spoiler tags for a signature?!?!
                    it looks like you've done it.

you put the photo in your sig like normal, then manually do the html to put the spoiler tags outside of the img tags.

If you're using gw's uploader thing and not linking externally, i don't think there's a way to tag it. You'll just have to decide what photos to use

sigpic

Comment

Inhales deeply:

Okay, just to re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re...re-iterate, this thread for questions that require answers from moderators. Requests for action (such as merging, title changes, thread movement/closures, etc.) should be conduct via the Report Post function.
                      Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Can I start a poll thread and ask in the first post for the mods to make a poll or do I need to do something different?
                        sigpic
                        sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

start the thread, listing your choices for the poll, then report a post and request that we do the poll part. as soon as one of us can get to it, we'll make your poll

sigpic

Comment

the reason we're such grumps about mods answering questions only, and for this to not be used for your run of hte mill requests is

we don't always visit this thread on a daily basis. Posts in here may go unread for hours. however, if you use the report post feature, we all get a notification in our e-mail.

Also, if you're 'ratting' out someone being bad, do you really want to do it in public?

And, we also don't want this thread to be cluttered up with 'do this, do that' that folks have to wade through if they are looking for some specific information

sigpic

Comment

I ran into situation yesterday where I wanted to give someone RED rep points, however I was prevented because I had given him some GREEN a day or two before. As such, I was given the 'You must spread..." message. Would it be possible to modify the rep system to differentiate out giving out positive & negative rep points?
                              "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

afraid not. it's a protection mechanism. making mandatory greens between reds is a way to keep those grumpy folks from redding their little hearts out. Just as the 'spread it around' is a protection from folks endlessly greening thier friends or endlessly redding others

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X