• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lissa1000
    Can I get this turned in to a poll?
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=31514
    Yes.
    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Someone wanna tell me where my demote Sheppard thread went?

Comment

Originally posted by npattis
        Someone wanna tell me where my demote Sheppard thread went?
        It got merged into the Anti-Sheppard Thread.
        Last edited by Major Tyler; 22 July 2006, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Someone want to tell me where my question went? It was not snarky *maybe a little* it was a genuine inquiry as to whether other threads that are similarly anti the character will be merged.

Comment

I apologize in advance if this is a dumb question, but why are there so many threads about the Devlin films in the General and News sections. Could a few of them be merged? It seems that the same conversation is existing in several of these places, basically much angst over the films.

I realize that you guys and gals are busy, and I am merely curious.

Thanks!!!
            "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat
              whether other threads that are similarly anti the character will be merged.
              If they're duplicates they'll be merged. We tend to rely a good deal on people who play in one thread letting us know if a new thread has the same theme.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma
                I apologize in advance if this is a dumb question, but why are there so many threads about the Devlin films in the General and News sections. Could a few of them be merged? It seems that the same conversation is existing in several of these places, basically much angst over the films.

I realize that you guys and gals are busy, and I am merely curious.

Thanks!!!
                If you find that any are basically the same, let us know and well see if we agree, and can merge them.

Madeleine

Comment

Wouldn't it make more sense to merge the "Demote Sheppard 2" thread (currently mixed into the anti-Shep thread) with the Demote Sheppard 1 thread? Especially since anti-Shep is STRICTLY anti whereas the demote threads allow back-and-forth debate?

Comment

This might not be a question for the mods, but more for Darren. However, I know he's always busy with real life, so I don't want to bother him with a PM or an email.
                    Anyway, I thought I could ask here. Any chance we get both SGA and SG-1's newest episode polls in Gateworld's front page, and not just SG-1's? It's my understanding that the website is for both shows equally, and it doesn't seem fair to SGA that its poll is never in the homepage, and you have to go to another page to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by lily
                      Any chance we get both SGA and SG-1's newest episode polls in Gateworld's front page, and not just SG-1's? It's my understanding that the website is for both shows equally, and it doesn't seem fair to SGA that its poll is never in the homepage, and you have to go to another page to find it.
                      I've been wondering about that, myself. Why the focus on SG-1?

Comment

Originally posted by lily
                        This might not be a question for the mods, but more for Darren. However, I know he's always busy with real life, so I don't want to bother him with a PM or an email.
                        Anyway, I thought I could ask here. Any chance we get both SGA and SG-1's newest episode polls in Gateworld's front page, and not just SG-1's? It's my understanding that the website is for both shows equally, and it doesn't seem fair to SGA that its poll is never in the homepage, and you have to go to another page to find it.
                        Unfortunately it's a matter of not having enough space on the front page for both. I think SG-1 wins out because it's the flagship show.

I could be wrong, but I think this was the answer to similar questions in the past.
                        Last edited by Major Tyler; 23 July 2006, 05:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                          Wouldn't it make more sense to merge the "Demote Sheppard 2" thread (currently mixed into the anti-Shep thread) with the Demote Sheppard 1 thread? Especially since anti-Shep is STRICTLY anti whereas the demote threads allow back-and-forth debate?
                          Good point. Thanks for the link. You (general) see how well that works? When people take a reasonable and non-confrontational approach, they're much more likely to get what they want. One of those "catch more flies with honey" deals.

Comment

Undoubtedly a Darren question, but regarding the make-up of the polls on the site I notice that the 1-10 scale (a bit extravagent to have so many choices) starts at 10 and goes down to 1 when you vote... but when you view the results, suddenly the numbers are reversed and 1 is at the top working up (or down) to 10 at the bottom. Is there a reason for this? Because it can be a bit distracting. Shouldn't the choices and results stay in the same position? I keep thinking that "Outstanding" is garnering 3% of the vote only to realize (belatedly) that it's actually the 27% majority.

And speaking of 1-10, why IS it such a broad scale? Wouldn't 1-5 suffice? I know people like to have choices, but give them too many and the results are more widespread making it harder to get a good "read" on it. Isn't it?

Comment

Regarding polls on the home page, and the new 1-10 structure: What you see now is the result of our wanting to start our nifty new poll system with the start of the season, even if we weren't able to launch GateWorld 2.0 by July 14. When you see the polls on the new site, it shall all become clear why we've switched it up.

The 1-10 vs. 10-1 issue is a known drawback, but there shouldn't be the same visual/mental disconnect with the new system.

BOTH shows will have their polls on the home page in the new site. Till then, I'll alternate them each week.
                              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I have a question about Spoilers and the Ori ships/weapon. What would considered a Spoiler

Spoiler:
                                I know the Ori Weapon firing on the Prometheus in Ethon would absolutely be a spoiler. As would an Ori Ship on the surface of Chulak, or the smaller "Transport" Ori ships approaching a Chulak town, and lets not forget the Smaller Ori Ships battle with the Death Gliders

But the main point of this post is this: What would not be allowed regarding Ori Ships?

Example:
                                Spoiler:
                                I want to create a sig, that involves a Ha'tak/Mothership being destroyed by an Ori ship (from like Camelot or Flesh and Blood). In a sig like "The End of and Era" (involving the Goa'uld in battle with each other, or the Replicators (from Reckoning)), and "The Beginning of an Era" (involving the Ori destroying a Mothership (or a 304, which wouldn't happen since it's a spoiler))

So where do you guys stand on this subject?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X