Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the technology is there, but it does depend on the situation and whether or not it needs to be unlocked.

most threads that are closed are closed for a good reason
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Where is GateWorld based? I mean, legally?

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia
        Where is GateWorld based? I mean, legally?
        Hosted in Australia, legally-based in the U.S.A.

I think...
        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

What happened to the thread with Skydiver on quote as saying "sexism is not against forum rules"? Do any of the rest of the staff agree with this statement? If so, are racism, bigotry, sectarianism and other given forms of generally banned political incorrectness in Western democracies also ok on Gateworld?

Comment

since the world at large is questioning my judgement, the thread has been pulled so that the other mods can look at it while it's still in the state it's in.

we'll discuss it and go from there
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
              Hosted in Australia, legally-based in the U.S.A.

I think...
              That's complicated, huh. You don't communicate with the server by cable then? Anyway, I was curious, so thanks for replying.

Comment

As we said, the issue is being discussed in the mod folder...please return this thread to questions only.

Thanks!
                Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

I'm not sure it's the best place to ask this, and maybe this question would be better asked to Darren but since I'm here...

I'm quite sure none of you have noticed this since you don't use this kind of letters, but we use it a lot in the French thread and we're getting really tired of this problem.
                  Everytime we type the letter a with a grave accent, it shows up like this : ê or ?*
                  when we submit our post.

Please help us?

If you want to see how it is in a thread that uses this kind of letter, have a look here : http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...91#post5537491
                  Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

I've also been having problems using the letter e with an acute accent in Quick Reply with Firefox, actually- it resets my page as if I never started typing my reply at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia
                      I've also been having problems using the letter e with an acute accent in Quick Reply with Firefox, actually- it resets my page as if I never started typing my reply at all.
                      And you can't use the Gaelic character set at all, which is annoying.
                      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Maybe it's a stupid question, sorry if it is. How the Ignore List feature work besides that of ignoring red points comments? By using this feature do PM's from users added to Ignore List are also ignored? (ok, maybe 2 stupid questions)
                        School is overrated.

Comment

The accenting issue depends on some combination of vBulletin's capabilities and the fonts a member has installed on his/her computer. I don't know of any way to easily fix it across the board.

But we could probably create special characters using ASCII codes, but someone would need to compile a list of what's needed for me.
                          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Not to spoil anything, but
                            Spoiler:

what is the exact number of points that you need to receive in order to create a custom avatar?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon_06
                              Not to spoil anything, but
                              Spoiler:

what is the exact number of points that you need to receive in order to create a custom avatar?
                              It is appx 1800 2100 if I am not mistaken

you can check out either one of these threads that are right here in this folder

Forum Tutorial
                              X-treme Newbie Guide

ETA: a very friendly fly let me know the correct number

Thank you very friendly fly...you know who you are
                              Last edited by TameFarrar; 20 July 2006, 05:32 PM.
                              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I think this is an appropriate place to post this question. I was wondering if a member of the forum had a Stargate related item (handmade) that people had PM and green pointed with an interest in and said member thought of an idea to open a forum auction for ONE of said item with the item going to the highest bidder after a certain time limit, would that be against the forum rules, and if not how would be the best way to obtain bids. PM or posting in the thread? One of the fabulous mods please post a reply to my question. I really would like to know.

Rachel (veryangrystargatefan)

This is me sitting on the Stargate Blanket I made. Stargate #1.

Please spread the love. Help a fellow GWer. Click this thread link! http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=33123

Comment

Working...
                                X