Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shadow - if Ford's looking obviously-you-know-how in a picture, that picture is a s2 spoiler.

Captain - the GW version of that feature is clicking on the name of the repper and bringing up their profile from which they can be PM'd. It's one extra click, and a short scroll. Which is a Good Thing, you burn up extra calories doing it the GW way, and probably could eat three extra M&Ms a year without getting fat.

Madeleine

Comment

Moderators:

Please help!

I was given a bad rep for having created the thread, "Pro-positive..." under Characters and Relationship.

Why?

I stated clearly that this thread was created for those people that were tired of negative feelings and that it wasn't the place to argue etc. and now I was given a bad rep just for that?

It stated in my comment by this person that he/she still felt it was a bad idea.

I don't think this is fair, People are allowed to create anti-thread's but although I'm against it I don't go out of my way to give them bad reps.

I also didn't go out of my way to start argueing with people...just wanted a thread where people can be "nice" to each other.

Comment

Everyone, please understand that the Reputation feature is for fun only, has no bearing whatsoever on your forum access, and is UNMODERATED. It's also usually "unfair."

The only time a moderator will get involved in a Reputation-related issue is if someone leaves you a particularly nasty comment that violates the forum rules, such as profanity or name-calling.

You can disable your Rep display in "My Controls," if you'd like.
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

For the Mods who use Firefox (this may affect IE users too, I don't know):

Are you guys having problems with the "Report Post" button, because I am?

I tried to report someone for a possible rule breaking sig and I got a "Do you want to download this page?" prompt.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
            Everyone, please understand that the Reputation feature is for fun only, has no bearing whatsoever on your forum access, and is UNMODERATED. It's also usually "unfair."

The only time a moderator will get involved in a Reputation-related issue is if someone leaves you a particularly nasty comment that violates the forum rules, such as profanity or name-calling.

Okay, me understand, I just didn't want to get a total bad reputation and then maybe have my account revoked or something.

Anyway...went and gave the person a bad reputation back for not respecting freedom of speech.

Comment

There ya go.

Comment

I've been having problems with the "report post" feature using Firefox, too. Generally if I just reload the page it works, but if we're making a list...

Comment

Yup, got the report post problem too, and refreshing doesnt work for me Shadow

For the time being http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...52#post5135952 there is already a thread for this and the sig is against the rules
                  Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                  - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I also got the same problem with the reporting post feature.

I tested it using the following web browsers:
                    Firefox 1.5.0.1
                    Internet Explorer 6.0.2900.2180
                    Opera 7.54u2

It didn't work at all on Firefox and IE.
                    It worked once with Opera, then I got the same error when trying to use it a second time.

Comment

The "GateWorld Features" folder is actually for features from the main site, not forum-specific features. I think it's fine here.

Comment

I think there are already favorite episode tournaments for each season, which serve that purpose.

Comment

I want to know when the ads at the bottom of each page of the thread, I have seen, started?

IMO, it shouldn't be there. The ads at the top are enough. Thanks you for listening.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                            I want to know when the ads at the bottom of each page of the thread, I have seen, started?

IMO, it shouldn't be there. The ads at the top are enough. Thanks you for listening.
                            Darren spoke regarding this on this thread Ads Banner Blocking
                            At this time his is the last post
                            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

The WSOD is also appearing when I send PM's. The messages get sent, but instead of defaulting back to my PM screen, I get zilch. On Firefox, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren

I just had a whole chunk of recent rep points disappear. Not talking older rep points but newer ones as recent as two days ago. There was a lot of nice green comments in there that I am going to miss having
                                ______
                                Visit my Entertainment News blog at http://blogs.delphiforums.com/mrreedwriter

Join in the discussion at MichaelShanksArchive

Comment

Working...
                                X