This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know forget it..

I know this and the last post won't make it to the light of day... Just send me a PM with the answer...

I mean, that thread didn't last beyond two replys. It was a completely dead SAM/CAM ship thread.

I know Skydiver didn't like the idea of SAM/CAM, but you guys don't have to destory my thread!

*cries*

Comment

to answerer BG's qusetion, last night a saw a new sam/cam thread pop up, realized that no one had went back to page four of the characters and relationships thread to find his, merged the two and the title got changed in the process.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

That didn't make a lick of sense, Skydiver.

If you had merg a NEW ship thread into my thread, my thread would not have been destroyed and my thread's title would have been left untouch.

You can see where that old thread ends and my threads begins, on the first page. No one posted in that thread until it was merg. I only notice the merging, because the subscription carried over. That thread has been buried for ages! It didn't even appear on any of the forum pages anymore! And you just now notice they are similar?

I mean really, would it have hurt you not to have merg the threads? Why did you have to destroy my thread? Why are you picking on me?

Comment

Merging threads destroys neither thread, it simply combines them (as suggested by the word "merge"). Your thread and all the comment still exist, and are simply augmented by the opinions of others (I know, I know, the opinions of others are toxic).

It is our policy to merge threads with the same (or nearly the same) topic...it had nothing to do with the fact that it was you who created one of the threads. Also, it does not matter what thread is merged with what...the posts (when merged) are arranged by their time stamp. In other words, they are placed in the order they were posted. Mods have no control over this as it is a feature of vBulletin.
          Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGator5
            That didn't make a lick of sense, Skydiver.

If you had merg a NEW ship thread into my thread, my thread would not have been destroyed and my thread's title would have been left untouch.

You can see where that old thread ends and my threads begins, on the first page. No one posted in that thread until it was merg. I only notice the merging, because the subscription carried over. That thread has been buried for ages! It didn't even appear on any of the forum pages anymore! And you just now notice they are similar?

I mean really, would it have hurt you not to have merg the threads? Why did you have to destroy my thread? Why are you picking on me?
            I am not picking on you. Last night i saw a new sam/cam ship thread on page one of the characters and relationships forum, remembered that you had a nice thriving one that already existed and merged the two.

This isn't done to destroy any thread, it's done to keep 15 different threads on the same topic from existing and keep the conversation in one place.

On any given day, me or one of the other mods merge from a half dozen to several dozen threads because many thread starters don't know how or refuse to use the search function to see if there's an existing thread.

This is not done to pick on anyone, it's done to keep the board as neat and tidy as possible and facilitate conversation.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm having trouble getting in to My Controls. I can sign on okay but everytime I want to eneter the controls I get the white screen of doom. What gives?

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
              Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
                I'm having trouble getting in to My Controls. I can sign on okay but everytime I want to eneter the controls I get the white screen of doom. What gives?
                I'm having the same problem.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
                  Me too. I'm having the same problem. I too cannot get into My Controls.
                  sigpic
                  Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

I think we are all getting it. Greg and /or Darren will have to see what switch got turned off in the last hour or so
                    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Rep seems to be having the same problem...

Comment

I've been having this problem on and off for a few days. Greg was acting as if I was the only one it was happening to. HA!

Comment

I have added the issue to the *Ongoing Database issues* thread for Greg and Darren to review. SO I am going to hand this off to that thread. If you have any more problems or something we have not already mentioned here as part of this issue please add it to the *Ongoing Database Issues* so Greg and Darren are aware of it. It is hard to wade through this thread sometimes to find that sort of problem
                          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Shadow, you're just a pioneer.

We'll have to wait until Greg is online to fix it.
                            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Can a poll please be added to the following thread:
                              VOY or VGR: Acronym for Star Trek: Voyager

Everything you need is there. And by the way, you guys rock!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                                Can a poll please be added to the following thread:
                                VOY or VGR: Acronym for Star Trek: Voyager

Everything you need is there. And by the way, you guys rock!!
                                Well, since you used italics I guess I have no choice.
                                Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Working...
                                X