Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did immhotep just infer that it takes three of us to fill in for David??? it may be a while before I can speak co-herently again...the laughter is taking over
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I think he must have meant Darren, 'cause David... pffft. My Snoopy pez dispencer could fill in for David (and my Snoopy gives me treats, too! A definite improvement over David ).

Question: will the option to PM people ever reappear in the profile page? Or is that another of those "bugs" waiting to be fixed? *sigh*

Comment

no i was saying that because darren is away, and david isnt that much of a forum person, you guys would have to fill in for darren, sorry for the misunderstnading. you can speak coherently now.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

Incidentaly, with all the heaps and gobs of compulsive X vs. Y threads that people seem so... orgiastic about, exactly where to they fall in terms of categorizing them? If it's elements within the show, that's on topic, but what if it's Mechasaur vs. SG-1 or Goa'uld vs. electro-nessies? Stuff that crosses over with another show/universe/genre/whatever? Is it still on topic?

Comment

Yes it is. We've had those cross over type threads for as long as I can remember, and they've always been in the General folder.
            sigpic

Comment

also do you classify ships that people create, technology or fanfic or general discussion...the could be either, is that why you have left them a grey area?
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              11000! green me

Comment

hate to be bugging ye mods but is there something wrong with gw tonight?
                gw wont work with ie for me so i had to use netscape and now while using netscape i cant use upper case letters cause the forum is making them lower case :s

edit: i just notice that my usercp isnt showing im getting vbmenu_register("usercptools"); :s

edit: my controls has appeared again *pretends that he didnt call it usercp (same thing though)
                Last edited by Eoin; 09 December 2005, 03:06 PM.
                The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

i don't know what to tell you. i use IE all the time
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    i don't know what to tell you. i use IE all the time
                    so should i just get a nice big hammer and get revenge on my computer

maybe a nice system restore would fix it or wait i have a better idea

*holds out an empty can and puts on innocent face*
                    "anybody wanna support eoins 'help eoin get a new computer' charity"
                    The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Hey, all!

Regarding browsers -- I heartily endorse Firefox as my new favorite browser. I use it when building pages on GW and when browsing the forum, so it outta work.

There shouldn't be any one popular, mainstream browser that *doesn't work* with GateWorld or GateWorld Forum. (If that's happening, I would recommend an upgrade or reinstall.)
                      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Funny you should mention that, Darren. I just upgraded Firefox and now it won't open a separate window for my PM's. Gateworld is on my exception list for popups and I don't have and scriptblockers, either.

Minor nuisance. I'll figure it out eventually, I'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                          make one, actually tie this in with another issue that been cropping up, darren could you create a micelaneous section on Gw. for all the 'creates' and all the thread that dont belong anywhere. food for thought.
                          Naa, no plans for this. The "General Discussion" folder is intended to be a catch-all for anything Stargate that doesn't fit better in another folder. If it's not Stargate-related, it's Off-Topic.

The Role-Playing folder is not limited to the one game that is going on now, but if someone wanted to start a separate game they would need to: 1) demonstrate that they have enough interested, active players to justify a new game; and 2) make those threads stand out in a way as to make it absolutely clear to RPG newbies which game is which.
                          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Hi,
                            Could somebody please make polls out of the following two threads:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=21122

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=21124

Thanks

Many thanks to blingaway for the sig pic.

Comment

Done.

With the first poll, I changed NID to NID (rogue), since the NID that Agent Barrett works for aren't technically baddies.
                              sigpic

Comment

Darren,
                                do you have any plan in the making to spice things up on Gw? not changing the look just make it more fun. for Example some competitions, with forum related prizes. IMO gw could be alot more fun than it already is and i think it could make gw alot better, any plans for this type of thing in the future.
                                also is gw goig to get any news soon, i know you have baby thing to deal with but what about david, is he planning anything to put up?

immhotep
                                sigpic
                                11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                                X