This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you could always edit your post

Since it does not break the rules, we as mods can't delete it. That would be unfair and would be seen by some as censorship since we would be deleting posts without cause
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
      We are deleting off topic posts in this thread. Please see the opening post to this thread to identify what is considered "off-topic" here.
      Now you guys understand me.

Iraq was NOT the topic in that thread. I started the thread and I should know what in on-topic.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGator5

Iraq was NOT the topic in that thread. I started the thread and I should know what in on-topic.
        The opening thread was ambiguous enough that the current course it has taken would not be considered "off-topic." If you would like to start a new thread with a more well-defined focus, you are free to do so.
        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGator5

You're absolutely right, Iraq was not the toipc of your thread. But that doesn't mean that Iraq can't be referenced. "On Topic" can encompass a fairly wide field, depending on what the topic is.

The moderators get to decide when something is related to the topic closely enough to stay, when things are veering so much that a nudge from us is needed, and when the topic has been left behind in the dust and action needs to be taken. We do at times get it wrong, or make judgement calls that could have easilly gone the other way, and we're happy for people to query our judgement - although NOT at lenght in the thread itself, since that really IS off topic , so PMs to us or to another mod are best. (Just for the record we've changed our minds on this basis before but I can't recall ever having done so in response to a rude or threatening PM.)

And we're pretty sensitive to Off Topic in most Stargate threads, but much less so in the threads in the Off Topic folder. When it comes to threads that discuss politics and current affairs it's so easy for people to argue that everything is interconnected that we don't often find cause to act on a thread that rambles around in the vague area of a topic instead of being strictly marshalled.

Hope that clears stuff up.

Madeleine

Comment

Hi Mods , only joined within the past week. Great forum you have here.

What are the criteria for getting a post as a sticky in the general stargate forum ? http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=23944

Also do you know of any direct contacts to Sony to help with my idea or could you provide some support?

Also could you add a pole to my thread asking if people would like the ability to download stargate episodes via itunes?

Thanks,
            Andy
            Support Stargate and Stargate Atlantis to be made avalaible via i-tunes, write your support on this thread and vote in the poll to get Sony to put the show on i-tunes.
            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=23944

Comment

[QUOTE=AndyStargateUK]Hi Mods , only joined within the past week. Great forum you have here.

Glad that you're enjoying yourself and welcome to Gateworld
              Originally posted by AndyStargateUK
              What are the criteria for getting a post as a sticky in the general stargate forum ? http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=23944
              we tend to not sticky very much simply because if we get too many stickies, then the other discussion threads are perpetually on page two. And this especially applies in the general discussion area since it already has several stickied posts
              Also do you know of any direct contacts to Sony to help with my idea or could you provide some support?
              I really have no knowledge of a way to get ahold of sony. I think an idea like yours is one that might be best served by simply writing letters. letting sony know how you feel and what you'd like and seeing if that will generate a response
              Also could you add a pole to my thread asking if people would like the ability to download stargate episodes via itunes?

Thanks,
              Andy
              we can add a poll to the thread if you will let us know what options you would like. basically write out how you'd like the poll to be, post it here and a mod will get to it when they can

sigpic

Comment

i have a question, where did the member list run off 2? when i last clicked on 'forum leaders' i took alot of lag but came up with everyone, and at the bottom had the officer list. now all that comes up is the mods, and the special ppl...did Gw just choose to omit us all from the record?
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                Stargate : Genesis |
                Original Starship DesignThread
                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                  i have a question, where did the member list run off 2? when i last clicked on 'forum leaders' i took alot of lag but came up with everyone, and at the bottom had the officer list. now all that comes up is the mods, and the special ppl...did Gw just choose to omit us all from the record?
                  My guess is that since it is SOOOO big that Darren et al have chosen to no longer display it
                  BUT maybe Darren or Greg can answer that when they come through the thread next.
                  Sorry not much help but I did want you to know it had been seen
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I haven't touched it. My guess would be that vBulletin made a chance in their latest round of template revisions. Since it's labelled as "View Forum Leaders," though, displaying only mods and admins doesn't seem to make much sense to me.
                    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Hi Mods....The Poltergeist flashbanner is corrupting Mozilla Firefox, i can't click on any forumlinks after i try to close that annoying banner. Or is it just me

Comment

hi mods

what happened to the Tower review? That was an awesome one, didn't t the PTB appreciate?
                        *~'.:GTA 199:.'~*
                        Je me souviens

Comment

we know. in fact there is an already existing thread discussing folks' issues wtih the ad. unfortunately, our ads come to us from a third party and other than lodging a complaint with them, there's not much we can do about it

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dark_faith
                            hi mods

what happened to the Tower review? That was an awesome one, didn't t the PTB appreciate?
                            yeah, what happened? It was very interesting

Comment

This user is spamming the board by posting the same message (trying to get people to sign the Save Stargate Alliance petition) in as many threads as he can find. Whilst this may be a worthy cause, it is quite annoying.
                              I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Could a mod please deal with our new member/spammer Cole Marche...he's posting in threads saying I think it should be obvious to him/her that since this is a stargate fan base most of the members would have of already signed the petition

Thanks
                                The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Working...
                                X