Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just kind of wondering here, but where did the "active disscusions" that used to be on the home page go?

I rather enjoyed those....
    sigpic
    ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfire32 View Post
      Just kind of wondering here, but where did the "active disscusions" that used to be on the home page go?

I rather enjoyed those....
      According to the *King of Town* AKA Darren
      Posted by King of Town - It was causing a drag on the page loading time, so it got yanked. It will probably return in the future, Thanks.
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Have the custom avatar rules changed recently? I thought 2000 posts was the magic number for being allowed to use one? (everyone else I've seen hit this number immediately had one) Unless I'm pressing something wrong, I don't see any options for uploading one in the 'Edit Avatar' screen
        McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

Originally posted by x Varda x View Post
          Have the custom avatar rules changed recently? I thought 2000 posts was the magic number for being allowed to use one? (everyone else I've seen hit this number immediately had one) Unless I'm pressing something wrong, I don't see any options for uploading one in the 'Edit Avatar' screen
          you can try logging out and logging in but also keep in mind that number is arppoximate as Darren has never given the exact number out
          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
            you can try logging out and logging in but also keep in mind that number is arppoximate as Darren has never given the exact number out
            It worked! Thank you *hugs*
            McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

So uhhh...how long until I get off Moderation? It's kinda annoying.

Comment

a while

graduation from probie status is a combo of post numbers, reputation and duration of membership

and it's a formula that darren keeps secret
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hi
                  I've got 4 VMs from a newbie that have been cluttering up my controls panel for FOUR DAYS now! How long will it take to clear them??? It's getting annoying thinking I have new VMs when I don't!
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

they've been cleared. it's a glitch i'm afraid. try this, delete a VM and see if the notification goes away.

sigpic

Comment

About every 4th time I go to a different page, the server maintenance message comes up. If I hit refresh, it loads the proper page. I don't know if this means something serious is about to happen, or there is a glitch that sends you to that page when it shouldn't.
                      sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Server Maintenance message again?? Come on guys!!

It comes up especially when I go under the Stargate Universe sub-forum.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
                        MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

It's a random glitch.Greg is online and on the case.
                          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            a while

graduation from probie status is a combo of post numbers, reputation and duration of membership

and it's a formula that darren keeps secret
                            wait, I don't remember this when I was a probe, back then a goa'uld symbiote waiting to take a human host! I miss those, Why can't we chose to use Air force or Snake head ranks? could that be possible?
                            By Nolamom
                            sigpic

Comment

because Darren chose these ranks...and we don't have it set up to allow folks to choose their ranks

As to the server maintenance. As many have noticed we've had on again/off again issues the past few weeks. It's possible tht Greg has finally tracked down what the issue is and is trying to fix it.

All I can do is ask folks to be patient.

sigpic

Comment

is the ability to report post still working with the server problems ?? i have a request i would like to make and wanted to check before i posted it
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X