Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to an Irish party yesterday...

Well, some of it felt like an Irish party in 3rd class (if you don't get this reference, we cannot be friends ). Had tickets to go see Rhythm of the Dance which is basically another Riverdance or Lord of the Dance. The first half started out epic but could be better, but the second half more than made up for it.

Also the bodhran player... WOW!! He was my favorite. Epic artist.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I love that poem, Who Knows!! I can certainly relate.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Cross your arms in front of your body... you know, like so --> the arms (not the article) ...but behind my back instead of in front of me.
      I knew what you meant by crossing your arms, but behind your back???

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
      Hey, I can do that, too!
      You people are crazy!!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus

Well, some of it felt like an Irish party in 3rd class (if you don't get this reference, we cannot be friends ). Had tickets to go see Rhythm of the Dance which is basically another Riverdance or Lord of the Dance. The first half started out epic but could be better, but the second half more than made up for it.

Also the bodhran player... WOW!! He was my favorite. Epic artist.​
      As Steve Rogers once said, I understood that reference! Sounds like a fun time!!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        You people are crazy!!

Also the bodhran player... WOW!! He was my favorite. Epic artist.
        ​Oh that sounds like a really really fun time! *makes heart eyes*

And yes, I totally understood that reference...speaking of which, did you happen to catch Honor & Glory's real-time sinking animation on the 14th-15th? Awesome and spooky.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I did not but when I was in Cherbourg (France) at the museum, they have an animation much similar to this where they map out the journey in an interactive animation that covers the wall... and I basically had to tell my brain "This is not real! The floor is solid! We are not on an actual ship! Dammit, don't go being seasick now!".

Comment

I went to physical therapy this morning, and one of my stretches has me putting my arms behind my back. So I asked the assistant if he could cross his arms behind his back. He looked at me like I had 2 heads. So I said some friends of mine told me they could do it. He says "well, that's an unusual skill to have."

I have to be at the hospital tomorrow at 10am. So the surgery will probably be at noon, and it takes about 2 hours. Add another 2 hours in recovery. Then I'll be staying overnight. I (should) be back home on Thursday.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

I did not but when I was in Cherbourg (France) at the museum, they have an animation much similar to this where they map out the journey in an interactive animation that covers the wall... and I basically had to tell my brain "This is not real! The floor is solid! We are not on an actual ship! Dammit, don't go being seasick now!".
              Wow! That sounds very very cool! (well, not the seasick part, but everything else!)

I went to physical therapy this morning, and one of my stretches has me putting my arms behind my back. So I asked the assistant if he could cross his arms behind his back. He looked at me like I had 2 heads. So I said some friends of mine told me they could do it. He says "well, that's an unusual skill to have."

I have to be at the hospital tomorrow at 10am. So the surgery will probably be at noon, and it takes about 2 hours. Add another 2 hours in recovery. Then I'll be staying overnight. I (should) be back home on Thursday.
              Whoa, that's a long day! Crossing fingers everything goes well! *hugs*
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                Whoa, that's a long day! Crossing fingers everything goes well! *hugs*
                Yeah, I would have preferred to go earlier in the day, just to get things moving faster. Oh well!

*glomps*

Comment

Why, thank you, sir.

*virtual hugs from the Lemming*

As I'll probably be making war with my lawn, it'll be hard to cross my fingers for good luck but I shall try nonetheless.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Yeah, I would have preferred to go earlier in the day, just to get things moving faster. Oh well!

*glomps*
                    Heh, yeah, my mom's surgery had a check in of 5:30 in the morning. But then again, she was done and released and we were back in the hotel by 11:00 so we had plenty of time to watch the eclipse on TV.

Hope everything goes well for you today! *more hugs*

Comment

There was no war with my lawn. It surrendered peacefully so now it's nice and short again.

Also, quick visit to the zoo to spot all four wee animals -- all already several months old but still small: tiny camel, a pair of lion cubs (cute as hell) and tiny Zahara, little sister to Xena & Xavanah the hyenas. Her mom was giving her a bath just as we arrived and she was, obviously, struggling to get away from that.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

There was no war with my lawn. It surrendered peacefully so now it's nice and short again.

Also, quick visit to the zoo to spot all four wee animals -- all already several months old but still small: tiny camel, a pair of lion cubs (cute as hell) and tiny Zahara, little sister to Xena & Xavanah the hyenas. Her mom was giving her a bath just as we arrived and she was, obviously, struggling to get away from that.
                        Ahh, isn't it nice when the landscaping cooperates?

Awwww at the animal littles! So cute! And LOL at the hyena munchkin trying to get away from a bath--some things are just universal between species.

Comment

I'm home from the hospital. The pain was quite intense for awhile but it's gotten better now. I'm just glad to be home, and hopefully to get some sleep now that I'm not in agony.

Comment

I'm home from the hospital. The pain was quite intense for awhile but it's gotten better now. I'm just glad to be home, and hopefully to get some sleep now that I'm not in agony.
                            *Careful Lemming hug*

As a Lemming I am very small so a few fingers to hug should do it.

Comment

Glad you came through it OK and are back home safe.
                              Now just try and relax and get rest till you feel you are back to your old self.
                              But keep posting progress reports for us.
                              http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Yay! Very glad you're home and hopefully you're getting lots of rest. *gentle kitty snuggle*

Comment

Working...
                                X