What happened to Eli's grief?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jacdru View Post
    One huge problem with that idea , when do you think the episode was shot? a good guess is that its not shot before they aired the episode with Ginn´s death.

So nah nothing that clever , its just SGU producers in a nutshelll where they dont use the previous arc development - (That much)

But one thing though you might be right in, they might be using the grief and previous epsiodes events for a huge cliffhanger where they all just go nuts and kill each other or something else
    You don't think the crew were able to predict that people would be upset with Amanda/Ginn's death? - I think they did. But maybe you're right and it's just the way they do things. I'm new to the SG world.
    SyFy: "Are you SGU fans done asking for a third season?"
    SGU Fans: "WE'LL NEVER BE DONE!"

SAVE SGU! SGU CAMPAIGNS ARE UNITING AT SG:UNITE!
    ACTION PLAN TO GET SGU SEASON 3!

I have gotten 15 people hooked on SGU. How many more can you get? ‎
    Spoiler:
    *beep*
    Young: "What the hell was that?"
    Eli: "It's Destiny letting us know it finished assembling the simulation. Either that or pi is done."

Comment

Do you really need everything to been spoon fed to you?
      Oh-ho! Funny. Nice one dude, but this isn't about being spoon-fed or anything, it's about what I think should be a natural progression, what I saw in the episode, and what I, if I were writing, would've done. Not once did I watch the show and think, "Eli's really torn up about Ginn, and it shows". No, all I saw was "Eli's torn up about what's happening to Chloe", which is understandable, but a completely different thing. And I wasn't pining for a big monologue or something, just one name-drop or the tiniest thing that could sell a thousand emotions at once. Also, we had the biggest set-up in all history for Eli to link what's happening to Chloe to what happened to Ginn, and how it would effect him and all of that, combined with a theme about death and moving on like with the whole Faith planet guys.

Not only that, but it just feels like a return to a more serialised show where problems were almost forgotten about the next week, and I just... expected more. It was a big character episode, the opportunity and everything else was there, and I didn't need much. Just something.
      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
        Do people really want to see every single character depressed on Destiny?
        Of course not, but i think most people would like to see things happen to them carry on more then just to the end of the current episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Mozzza View Post
          You don't think the crew were able to predict that people would be upset with Amanda/Ginn's death? - I think they did. But maybe you're right and it's just the way they do things. I'm new to the SG world.
          Not really i know a lot of people who dont like Ginn and thought she was a huge mistake to put in the show.

And SGU does things their way, the producers have said countless times they dont care about their viewers and if you dont like how its done go watch something else

Comment

Not really i know a lot of people who dont like Ginn and thought she was a huge mistake to put in the show.

And SGU does things their way, the producers have said countless times they dont care about their viewers and if you dont like how its done go watch something else
            Thats how most shows do it. Its impossible to please the fans so you shouldn't even try
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Fair enough .

Personally I thought the Ginn & Amanda storyline was great.
              SyFy: "Are you SGU fans done asking for a third season?"
              SGU Fans: "WE'LL NEVER BE DONE!"

SAVE SGU! SGU CAMPAIGNS ARE UNITING AT SG:UNITE!
              ACTION PLAN TO GET SGU SEASON 3!

I have gotten 15 people hooked on SGU. How many more can you get? ‎
              Spoiler:
              *beep*
              Young: "What the hell was that?"
              Eli: "It's Destiny letting us know it finished assembling the simulation. Either that or pi is done."

Comment

What you just said is stupid. You can not like how its done, yet still enjoy the show and have the right to criticize it and post your opinion on a public board.

Comment

Originally posted by Meryl View Post
                  What you just said is stupid. You can not like how its done, yet still enjoy the show and have the right to criticize it and post your opinion on a public board.
                  Eh? can you try that one again?

Comment

Originally posted by dgh64 View Post
                    Was anyone else disappointed that they didn't even mention Ginn's death, or how Eli's dealing with it? I'm not sure how much time is supposed to be passing between episodes, but it seems like they should've had at least one scene where he was crying on Chloe's shoulder, or something. But he seems to suddenly be back to his normal self (well, normal for him anyway)
                    The kid is fickle.

regards,
                    G.
                    Go for Marty...

Comment

YOU ARE NOT OF THE BODY!!!

regards,
                      G.
                      Go for Marty...

Comment

Although Eli was not a central aspect of the storylines presented, the writers could have incorporated acknowledgement of his recent loss, through a very brief conversation or expression involving Eli. This would help pursue a sense of realism and continuity , in accordance to the serialized nature of the show, just as Greer had a cast on his elbow from when he was shot by Simeon.
                        Abbas Karimjee
                        www.abbaskarimjee.wordpress.com
                        The latest Stargate Atlantis, SG1 , Universe , movies and the future of Stargate news.

Comment

Of course not, but i think most people would like to see things happen to them carry on more then just to the end of the current episode.
                          I agree with this dude hnear. This episode was lacking in a bit of time context that's all. They could have even screened this episode before Ginn died, and it would have still been okay. To link one episode with the next does not have to involve depression. It could be as simple and short as reminiscing at a photo then continuing with life on board. Or maybe Young could have a chat with Varro about how to avoid another situation. These small scenes gives better viewing diversity than just one plot and climax per episode in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by lars View Post
                            Eventually he figured out he knew the girl for like 2 weeks, was making out a little and that's it.
                            They did quite a bit more than just make out. In The Greater Good we saw his "YOU ARE HERE" shirt on Ginn's bed. So, not sure exactly how far things went, but still pretty intimate, more than just kissing.

So from my side, he may well be very disturbed of a person dying abruptly, but I wouldn't like him grieving for the rest of the season.
                            I'm not saying he has to walk around crying for the rest of the season, I just wish he didn't bounce back in only a few days. He seemed pretty upset at first, when he actually wanted to take a gun and kill Simeon. That's a very strong emotion, and I didn't find it very believable for him to get over it so quickly.

Comment

I think I'd have to agree with the sentiment that the episode wasn't about Eli. Actually Eli was pretty much at the bottom of the list in terms of character focus. There was Caine and the scientists with Wray, Young, TJ and Rush. And then Chloe, Scott and Greer with a little bit of Eli.

I think it is more realistic to have Eli bottle it up and not speak to anyone about it for a while, after such a big outburst of grief sometimes people try to save face. That is until the facade bursts. Besides we had people like Park the episode before try and reach out and was lashed at. I don't really want to see more of that, that is if it is Park getting snapped at again.

It will be brought up again I bet with a Eli centric episode. I've noticed that he certainly isn't so cheery and a bit passive aggressive, I've forgotten a bit of the specifics of the episode but he was being impatient and pushy with Chloe.

I wonder the time that has passed between this episode and the one before too. It doesn't seem to have directly flowed on like the Kill Simeon arc. Could have been a week or two.

Comment

Greer's arm was still in a sling, so it's less than however long it take a bullet wound in the shoulder to heal.

Comment

Working...
                                X