What happened to Eli's grief?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"It happens off screen!"

Like Young actually detoxing and Rush grieving for Perry and agonizing about how he made the right or wrong choice to off Simeon and stone use and...

I wouldn't be surprised if they just wrote and/or shot out of order again, so noone knew they were supposed to be grieving.
    Last edited by Kelara; 25 November 2010, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
      Yeah it's annoying how they don't continue the storyline.
      And if they did you would have definitely had a post saying " hey, why dioes SGU keep wasting time on the storylines that should have already been resolved in the previous ep, blah, blah, blah". Can't win either way.

Comment

Originally posted by dgh64 View Post
        Was anyone else disappointed that they didn't even mention Ginn's death, or how Eli's dealing with it? I'm not sure how much time is supposed to be passing between episodes, but it seems like they should've had at least one scene where he was crying on Chloe's shoulder, or something. But he seems to suddenly be back to his normal self (well, normal for him anyway)
        Nope, its just the way SGU does things, you have a epsiode with loads of emotion and character arcs devlopement just to be shot down the next episode.

It might become better the next few episodes but watch season 1 and start season 2 and you will see the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          I don't see the point. This episode wasn't about Eli
          Yet SGU writers could fit in his "i am loosing her (Chloe) " bla bla cry moment.

Explain how that fits in and not him and Rush grieving over the loss of the women they were suppose to love.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacdru View Post
            Yet SGU writers could fit in his "i am loosing her (Chloe) " bla bla cry moment.

Explain how that fits in and not him and Rush grieving over the loss of the women they were suppose to love.
            Beacause saying goobye to Chloe because of her transformation was a story in this episode.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by AndSoItBegins View Post
              And if they did you would have definitely had a post saying " hey, why dioes SGU keep wasting time on the storylines that should have already been resolved in the previous ep, blah, blah, blah". Can't win either way.
              Um, no. I came home from work thinking "Can't wait to see SGU. I wonder how Eli's dealing with his loss, now that the immediate crisis is over. They kinda left that hanging last episode, but I hope they resolve it well."

Comment

Um, no. I came home from work thinking "Can't wait to see SGU. I wonder how Eli's dealing with his loss, now that the immediate crisis is over. They kinda left that hanging last episode, but I hope they resolve it well."
                Um, yes. I wasn't saying that would have been YOUR reaction. Just the reaction of others if TPTB had focused time on Eli's grief over his girlfriend of about two days.

Comment

Beacause saying goobye to Chloe because of her transformation was a story in this episode.
                  Ahh, so Eli and the rest of the crew can only deal with one grief thing at a time

Comment

Ahh, so Eli and the rest of the crew can only deal with one grief thing at a time
                    I never said that. If you look up to a previous post the episode wasn't about. He was only in a few scenes. An episode not about him would be jarring to include a grieving scene.
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Okay here's an example: In Divided Chloe sided with Rush and Wray to try to take over the ship. A couple episodes later, there was a scene where Eli was in the mess hall and she came over and asked if he could forgive her and they could still be friends. That's not what the episode was about, but the writers still put in a brief scene saying "okay this is how they're dealing with what happened".

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
                        Yeah it's annoying how they don't continue the storyline.
                        So I guess in your imagination everybody deals with grief in the same way; by openly expressing their feelings. A rather limited imagination, don't you think?

Comment

Okay here's an example: In Divided Chloe sided with Rush and Wray to try to take over the ship. A couple episodes later, there was a scene where Eli was in the mess hall and she came over and asked if he could forgive her and they could still be friends. That's not what the episode was about, but the writers still put in a brief scene saying "okay this is how they're dealing with what happened".
                          It kind of was. You can't have Chloe and Eli going on an off-world mission if one is ticked off at the other.
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Because the loss of Chloe was the episode's B-plot?

Comment

It kind of was. You can't have Chloe and Eli going on an off-world mission if one is ticked off at the other.
                              Yeah, you can only do this with Greer and Rush... or Young and Rush... but not Chloe and Eli... sure .

Comment

Originally posted by Kelara View Post
                                Yeah, you can only do this with Greer and Rush... or Young and Rush... but not Chloe and Eli... sure .
                                Apples to oranges comparrassion. Their relationship is different. Eli and Chloe have always been more of a friendship then an antagonizing relationship. They wouldn't want to go off-world if the two were ticked off with one another. Contrast is that Young and Rush always know they will dislike one another
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X