This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It meant:

To boldly go where no man has gone before.

For you can never return home, so you might as well see what's out there.

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
      Am I the only one who really didn't understand the mission that Rush was explaining? I mean, i'm going to watch it again but on first glance, I really have no idea what the frak that meant lol
      The whole point is their was intelligent life at the Big Bang. Something that shouldn't happen until a long time after the Big Bang
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        The whole point is their was intelligent life at the Big Bang. Something that shouldn't happen until a long time after the Big Bang
        And Destiny is going where? Center of the universe? Place where big bang happened?

Comment

Originally posted by Vanek26 View Post
          And Destiny is going where? Center of the universe? Place where big bang happened?
          seems like it. she's already traveled billions of light years
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

as for the ep, i'm sure it was for drama but did anyone else feel like eli was being sketchy when setting up young's jump? i'm sure i'm wrong but to add to it young was off on his jump?

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
              as for the ep, i'm sure it was for drama but did anyone else feel like eli was being sketchy when setting up young's jump? i'm sure i'm wrong but to add to it young was off on his jump?
              I felt like he was under a lot of pressure... I don't see any reason Eli would have to kill Young off.

Comment

I felt like he was under a lot of pressure... I don't see any reason Eli would have to kill Young off.
                it's the way DB played that scene. i'm sure it's just me. but i agree with you.

Comment

This really was a great episode. TPTB come through yet again. Destiny's mission is pretty awesome.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Something like that. Its trying to follow the cosmic radiation to figure out what the message is.
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

More like it's going to the edge. When the Big Bang happened, it scattered this message as the universe expanded. The further out they get, the more of the message they collect, and eventually they'll have it all.

Comment

The implication is that the question of HOW the universe was created has now taken a turn to WHO created it. I.E. understanding and possibly meeting "God" By going back in time far enough to transcend the beginning of time to meet the beginning being.

Comment

Something like that. Its trying to follow the cosmic radiation to figure out what the message is.
                          we have cheeseburgers.

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
                            Oh, and now I'm 70% sure Ginn is going to be killed in some conflict and 80% sure Ginn is in on the plan to give earth false information.
                            I doubt it I think she was trustworthy. I don't get how many think Ginn/Park both didn't die. When one goes so does the other. Great epispde btw my favorite of the season which has been chock full of great episodes.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

hold on, just got back ten minutes ago, the second time i missed the beginning. the first time i was cooking so there i was, back and forth back and forth. bloody hell. in any event, i'm trying to get all of it.

Comment

no matter where it's going, i'm here for the ride baby!

a few things

1) BEST EPISODE OF SGU EVARRR
                                2) I absolutely loved Eli being the one that was pissed on the bridge, that was awesome!
                                3) I'm really upset with the ending with Simeon.. cant wait to see what EXACTLY happens there.
                                4) what exactly was that ship they were on? obviously it was ancient.. and it had pods.. but what was it? seeder? battlecruiser? puddlejumper? what was it for?

Comment

Working...
                                X