Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resurgence is number 8 in the US after being out for almost 2 days. GO SGU!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhole View Post
      Because that is the way it was written. I think it is a plot contrivance. If Destiny had survived on its own for a million years a very sophisticated automated repair system would have to have been in place along with extensive redundant support systems. It always bothered me that there wasn't numerous automated robots circulating inside and outside the ship performing necessary repairs and general maintenance.
      They built Destiny so that it didn't have to be constantly repaired/upkept. The ship doesn't need much upkeep, because it was sent out unmanned. Also, if they had built automated repair robots (and maybe they did, but we haven't seen them yet), who would upkeep them? Everything the Ancients build lasts millions of years (until we break it ) without anybody being there. Destiny is in need of a couple major repairs, but we aren't capable of doing that yet.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        Since they were powered down.. no. Though it does make me wonder what set that one which powered up off..

Nope. See the space laser platform in ethon. Or the mines in Space race.

Since our "Primary weapon" deploys in that same area, they could not stay docked if they wanted us to use it.

Perhaps the command ship is also a carrier ship..
        Well, they weren't completely powered off, but just dormant enough to remain undetected until it's too late, and just awake enough to detect the presence of new meat.

Or the mines in The Serpent's Venom or Company of Thieves.

Maybe that's why the seed ship undocked..

Possibly. I don't doubt that, because if you have a ship to command them, why not have the command ship carry a few?

Comment

Originally posted by ns2 View Post
          Did anyone think of the Wraith when they said that they woke up the drones
          I didn't at first, but now that I think about it, it does

Comment

What a great episode. From here on out I'll assume that anybody who still complains that nothing happens on the show is eithier A: a hater who doesn't care about the show or B: hasn't bothered watching anything from season 2. Is it fast paced like Atlantis or SG-1? No, but this is a good thing because I think at times SG-1 and Atlantis were TOO fast paced. Those of us who watch and enjoy the show know that its been great and all we have to do is spread the word. Especially to anybody who is a fellow sci-fi fan and has not watched it yet, sit down with them, watch through it before the back half of the season airs, and get them caught up.
            That is just my two cents.

Comment

I think Chloe called in the calvary.

How do we know there aren't other seeder ships near by?

Comment

Originally posted by Browncoat1984 View Post
                What a great episode.
                I agree, just finished this ep. and wow, I want more. This is what Stargate is all about.

Comment

9.5/10 for this fantastic episode

Its gonna make the waiting very long!

Its ! He is watching you!!

Comment

Originally posted by ns2 View Post
                    Did anyone think of the Wraith when they said that they woke up the drones
                    No, but that would be pretty cool. One problem, I thought the Wraith could only drain Humans?

Comment

Originally posted by theta123 View Post
                      9.5/10 for this fantastic episode

Its gonna make the waiting very long!
                      When is it going to be back?

Comment

Another great one!! I am really enjoying SGU now after dragging through the first 1 and a half seasons. I mean it was good stuff early on, its just that I didn't take to the slow pace very well but I got all the necessary character stuff by utilizing fast forward (controlling what and when I see certain parts of the episodes. I can just watch them all the way through now.

I wanna see what Chloe looks like in full alien transformation make-up (she'll probably be all CG after that anyway). Does the actress still get paid after that.
                        "I'm a writer dammit and I am not gonna take no for an answer"
                        D.I.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered View Post
                          Wow. A VCR?! You still use that? I didn't think anyone actually still had those and actually used them! Lol.
                          Yep, I do! that's how I recorded "Cloverdale" when I had to be out that Tuesday night.
                          No way I was going to miss that. But I'm one step above a Luddite. I did notice that
                          "Resurgence" is on SyFy rewind, already though.

I loved this episode. Great action, lines, "Bat Signal," LOL!. I wasn't so sure about Telford's return, though -as much as I love LDP I wonder how they're going to handle that later-as to who will command Destiny.
                          I did like Rushs' little talk with Eli, too.

Comment

Finally SGU started to be StarGate and not some bsg wannabe.
                            Fantastic episode! The best so far!

Just need to keep it up this way and old addictions are back

Although special effects and graphics are superb i like old school battles, 1 camera standing still on some distance from the fight and watching it all steady. all those angles and sudden changes in fight make me dizzy

Comment

well, I had same feeling like I had while watching "Space". This episode was a huge disappointment for me. Action, action and action, ntohing more. I want more than huge explosions, sparks, shooting, aliens, other silly features. I want episdoes like Visitation, not Resurgence. The last thing I wanna see is another idiotic clasical Stargate concept
                              Stolen Kosovo
                              sigpic

Comment

is Creer an alien with healing powers ?
                                two episodes back he got shot and now he can go to the missions out in space jump to other ship
                                all show is 10 months so two episodes back should be week , maximum 2 weeks but usealy these insuries will heal with in month 2 or even more
                                sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

Working...
                                X