This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate to be the n00b here, but I don't know what that is >.<
    A ZPM is a zero point module that the Ancients used to power their cities and spaceships.

From the Stargate Wiki:
    A Zero Point Module, often abbreviated ZPM, is a power source built by the Ancients. Utilizing zero-point energy, it is the cleanest and most potent energy source in the known universe.
    http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Zero_Point_Module

Comment

It was okay, the last five minutes were awesome also the camille & Eli, Rush & eli Talk... starting to like camille.. oh my never thought to say this. And Telford is back, baby! hope he sticks around for the last ten episodes... but I thought Justice was a better mid season finale.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
        but I thought Justice was a better mid season finale.
        Agreed. Young leaving Rush behind was more shocking (to me, at least).
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zkyire View Post
          ..they are smarter than the majority of people on Earth.

So yeah they are better.

People are not created equal.
          Smarter doesn't always equal better. It just means they are smarter.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            I still find it a little heartless with Rush saying he and Eli are better then other people. What made him judge and jury?
            It's heartless but it's classic Rush, isn't it? I can see Rush actually believing that to the point that he'd have no qualms saying it out loud to someone else. It doesn't make it true, but it does make it true for Rush, which is always enlightening
            sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

I think that they will resolve the "emergency situation" within 3 minutes of the next episode - just as they resolved the cliff hanger at the end of season 1.

Comment

I thought it was a good episode, but seemed to be lacking in some degrees.

The shuttle part I think had subtle hints to it. The suspected Urisini ship wasn't destroyed, but there were no bodies aboard. You would suspect to see bodies floating around. Granted there was a giant hole in the ship, but the doors were sealed and there should have been bodies. Where were they? Also, there was little damage inside the ship. A ship going through a battle should have debris inside and out from blown panels, circuits, etc. Makes me think the whole graveyard was a trap set up by the drones.

The Drones. Basicially replicators V0.1. So now we've had replicators in all three versions. SG-1 had the blocks, SGA had the nanites, SGU has the ships. Makes sense in order of evolution. Doesn't make sense in what we know of replicator origin from SG-1. Who knows though.

I am really starting to dislike Young and Rush. The obvious points were made "you judge a neighborhood BY the bad neighbors" and they still let the Urisini dock and then trusted them enough to tow them to a "safe location". Wouldn't the sensors have been able to detect the drones? We saw them all get destroyed in the sun. Now that they have control of Destiny's guidance, couldn't they just set it on "constant refuel" mode and get more than 40% reserves? With a Sun RIGHT THERE they could have continued refueling and been safe from the drone attacks as they were IN A SUN.

Comment

I loved this episode and will be severely disappointed if the next time isn't even half as great as this one. But I wouldn't say it is one of the best out of all three series.

Comment

This episode was definitely too short Must be two-parter...er...wait

Liked action, seemed to be a little rushed in places, but I like SGU way of doing action - it looks and sounds different from SGA and SG-1. Loved char interaction and development. Yay for Chloe - she is going somewhere. What the outcome of her mutation will be? Consequences? Solutions? Eli is grieving - that was one hellishly angry look he gave to Camille after question about Ginn. Rush and Yong definitely starts to work more like a team, Rush seems to recognize that he needs others, especially Eli help to manage Destiny. Yong still don't like make difficult decisions, but his confidence seems to be growing.

Telford is back with blazing colors - yay. Aliens are back too - and they are not maniacal murderers - but we already knew that, they where too cute (although again they are not altruists). Drones were kicking ass (finally some round shapes which makes more sense in space), but it is so interesting that their particular owners aren't known so well (Ekhemm...Blues, anyone? I'm not so sure, but that's my guess).

Is Chloe II evil or not? Is she a threat? What she is - hybrid or complete new personality? It is quite clear that what she's done will impact their changes to survive this onslaught. What phrase "It's too late" means in this context?

Well, I guess we will find out after four months - unless SyFy comes to their senses.

p.s. Scott and Chloe scene came out uneasy and forced - poor Scott. He lingers on hope when there's nothing left for him. He clearly cares about her.

Comment

Originally posted by ns2 View Post
                      Did anyone think of the Wraith when they said that they woke up the drones
                      Actually, I thought of the Borg.

Comment

Originally posted by Utitan
                        You suck. You really do.
                        Yea, but thats his opinion...

Goodbye STARGATE & Gateworld

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiRick View Post
                          Yeah, I agree. I have seen cliff hangers that reeaallyyy leave you hanging. At least this one leaves us with what will Chloe come up with in getting them out of danger. Will the seeder ship survive? Will everyone finally realize that Chloe will be a friend and NOT a foe. What do the aliens in the Command Ship look like and are they really the enemy as Young stated.
                          Replicators!!

Comment

I would say it was epic for SGU and maybe if the second part gets even better be epic compared to the whole franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by Pecisk View Post
                              .. (finally some round shapes which makes more sense in space)
                              How's that?
                              Any sufficiently advanced race is indistinguishable from god.

(..to any insufficiently advanced race)

Comment

This was epic, but for SGU kind of epic Comparing Lost City and this one would be kinda unfair - also Lost City is one of the best two parters in SG series ever (SGU still needs to create something to match that).

There where some uneven parts, but that's what you get with lot of plot lines to move forward. Few scenes felt unnecessary (though they still delivered something to chew on), some could be a little longer (like running away from the drones into sun).

It is quite clear that I'm hooked. It is also clear that SGU has quite a story to tell and they push their own boundaries in story telling/vfx making/directing/acting with every further episode.

Comment

Working...
                                X