So, is Young still "the man"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by webxro View Post
    That is because he is smart and has a self-preservation instinct .
    But the real man is the LA girl .
    I would certainly hope not. If she was a dude I'd have to puke.

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
      I would certainly hope not. If she was a dude I'd have to puke.
      I think he meant that she should be in charge for killing Dannic as a joke.
      sigpic

Comment

Of course Young is still the man. We've learned to fear him for his "HEADBUTT OF DOOM" now we shall once again cower in fear at the "THROATPUNCH OF PWNAGE"
        sigpic
        Doci of the BAG

Comment

We will see how the rest of the crew thinks about Young. I certainly wouldn't want him as leader anymore.

The LA Girl could be a good Leader, at least she had the guts to Kill their Leader and take control.

We will most certainly see a Powerstruggle between the different contestants.
          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
          There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by Ser Scot A Ellison View Post
            lommit,

Way too soon to say. He just learned his child died. The man's entitled to a drink or three.
            Not picking on you Scot, but I find it interesting that Young's allowed to have a drink when he finds out his baby is dead, but Chloe's mother is accused by fandom of alcoholism when she has a drink after finding out her husband is dead and her daughter is stuck on a space ship on the other side of the universe.

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
            We will see how the rest of the crew thinks about Young. I certainly wouldn't want him as leader anymore.
            There seemed to be some pretty unhappy looks coming Young's way when they were herded onto that planet.

And did we all notice that "It's a death sentence" line? Even Young admits that stranding someone on a desolate planet is tantamount to murder.
            sigpic

Comment

Chloe's mother certainly had the right to a few drinks, maybe a whole keg. Maybe people were hard on her because she was doing in the middle of her daughter talking to her and just throwing them down. Plus, she took it rather badly. Can't really blame her, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post

The LA Girl could be a good Leader, at least she had the guts to Kill their Leader and take control.

We will most certainly see a Powerstruggle between the different contestants.
                My opinion is she shot him more out of self preservation only after Telford voiced his objection, so she's not alone. She has only performed a role like a scientiest thus far, nothing fancy. But that choke scene was a bit SM. Payback could be a contributing factor.

Comment

Lahala,

People who are not alcoholics, regularly, throw back a few drinks, upon learning of a loved one's death. It doesn't really help, but that's what they do.
                  All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Lahala,

People who are not alcoholics, regularly, throw back a few drinks, upon learning of a loved one's death. It doesn't really help, but that's what they do.
                    I know - that was the point I tried to make way back when, with regard to Chloe's mother. I don't blame either of them for downing a few!
                    sigpic

Comment

Lahela,

I don't recall. Did I jump on Chloe's mom for hitting the sauce?
                      All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Lahela,

I don't recall. Did I jump on Chloe's mom for hitting the sauce?
                        It was more of a general thing about fandom. I remember what Lahela is talking. It is strange to accpeat one drinking moruning as alcoholism while the other accpeatable,
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                          I think it's going to rip the guy apart. I haven't even seen intervention yet, but just think of all the things he's lost. His wife, his lover, his child, his self respect and the respect of others. He hasn't lost the ship, clearly, but even then. I see dark times
                          Good point. All he has left right now, is greers devotion and possibily TJ's love..

Comment

I was thinking about Telford.

Will they blow his cover and have to him stay with the Taur'ri as a full member, all that, or will they keep him undercover and lock him up with the Lucian Alliance?

Comment

I think Young is no longer fit for command. He made a grave tactical error by not immediately venting the gateroom and allowed the LA to take the ship. If it hadn’t been for Rush’s bold plan everyone would have died.

He foolishly attacked Dannick. If Varro hadn’t interceded he would have killed everyone on board. Dannick was volatile and brutal. Attacking him served no purpose but to severely provoke him. Young’s anger issues are out of control and his judgment is questionable.

Young is psychologically wounded with PSSD. He is a very honorable man but unfortunately, no longer possesses the psychological stability to continue in command.

He needs to be immediately replaced but only under the auspices of Earth’s command. I doubt he will be though because it makes for too good of drama to watch him progressively deteriorate.
                              Last edited by Blackhole; 30 September 2010, 09:12 AM.

Comment

I also thought the pouty, "I've got nothing to say to you" was incredibly juvenile. What possible purpose does giving Varro the silent treatment serve? Particularly in those circumstances?

Comment

Working...
                                X