So, is Young still "the man"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jelgate,

If Young declared Destiny "Party Central distant space" what could Earth do about it?
    All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

"In an effort to improve morale, I hereby declare tonight be dedicated to debauchery and substance abuse! Now who's first in the drinking contest?"

Back on topic, Young didn't get to be the man because he wasn't in a position to do so. Still, he totally got Dannic in the throat. You can't say that wasn't satisfying to watch.

Comment

Nothing but there are plenty of real life situations where a military instalment is cut off with command. That doesn't mean the CO stops being in charge
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Nothing but there are plenty of real life situations where a military instalment is cut off with command. That doesn't mean the CO stops being in charge
          Destiny was never a military installation, it's simply the place where the people working on the Icarus base evacuated to. Young is in command because the military are loyal to him and they have guns, that's all, he has no ethical or legal right to rule.

Comment

Originally posted by Ser Scot A Ellison View Post
            I don't think Rush wants to be in charge. However, he wants to be the "Grand Vizier" pushing the throne where he wants it to go.
            This. Rush doesn't want to be the leader who has to worry about everything that Young would, he just wants Young to do whatever he says whenever he says it.
            Originally posted by Callista
            Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
            Originally posted by HPMom
            She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

I would have Young be in charge rather than Wray, if they treated it like Atlantis

Comment

for me, Young will always be the man
                sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                  for me, Young will always be the man
                  Same here, I got a bit of a soft spot for the guy. To be fair to Young their whole plan was to rely on Rush and Brody after surrendering everyone else to the LA, so Young can take some credit for going along with the plan.
                  What I'm more interested in seeing is how everything that happened effects him personally

Comment

I think Young is in for a tough season.
                    All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Loheat View Post
                      Same here, I got a bit of a soft spot for the guy. To be fair to Young their whole plan was to rely on Rush and Brody after surrendering everyone else to the LA, so Young can take some credit for going along with the plan.
                      What I'm more interested in seeing is how everything that happened effects him personally
                      I think it's going to rip the guy apart. I haven't even seen intervention yet, but just think of all the things he's lost. His wife, his lover, his child, his self respect and the respect of others. He hasn't lost the ship, clearly, but even then. I see dark times
                      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        While I understand the viewpoint you're trying to get across, you should search for better reasoning. Young himself contradicted you several times, most notably in regards to O'Neill himself.

At any rate...

"Young just put everyone's lives at risk and nearly got people killed and stranded several times. It's still good, it's still good!"
                        "It's gone, Homer."
                        *sadly "I know..."

While I don't think Rush is quite fit to lead, it's clearly obvious that he's better than Young at least. He did what Young could not, and thereby saved everyone. It's clear that this is a cynical universe, thus idealism is misplaced and dangerous.

Comment

i bet that scott will become a new leader, the seson2 trailer showed a clip where ming na talks to scott that they new a strong leader
                          now my brothers in arms,, i stand before you now, like our for father did in the heed of battel,let us take the steel and our honor to victory

Comment

Originally posted by lommit View Post
                            i bet that scott will become a new leader, the seson2 trailer showed a clip where ming na talks to scott that they new a strong leader
                            and young seems to be drinking alot now
                            now my brothers in arms,, i stand before you now, like our for father did in the heed of battel,let us take the steel and our honor to victory

Comment

That one clip from the preview is taken out of context. He was drinking because his unborn child died. If he keeps it up it'll be an issue.
                              Last edited by morbosfist; 29 September 2010, 03:41 PM.

Comment

lommit,

Way too soon to say. He just learned his child died. The man's entitled to a drink or three.

Comment

Working...
                                X