Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one has wondered what happened to Knepper's character? He disappeared. I wonder what he's going to do next?

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
      Rush is definitely growing into the most interesting character on the show! I wonder if Young's opinion on Rush shall change.
      nope.! all i'm saying
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
        i'm with you it wasn't a hit out of the park ep but the situation was dealt with SGU style and i'm gald rush was the hero of the ep. no ones taking his ship away from him
        With you on this one. Rush does what Young should have done two episodes ago.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by geddarkstorm View Post
          One thing I hope, and which has so much potential, is that they get right what Star Trek Voyager got wrong with trying to reconcile the LA crew with the Earth crew.
          Totally agree and i'd like to think the writers know that they are making a totally different show and that quick reconciliation would not fit with this show.

One thing i forgot to mention in my first post was the chloe stuff. I REALLY liked how they just put that nugget in there without diving into it fully b/c there were more pressing concerns at the moment. I hope her transformation or whatever is going on is something that is drawn out over the longterm. Her character was becoming pretty one dimensional with the scott/eli thing so I enjoy that she has a more (potentially key) storyline.

Comment

Interesting. The TJ baby plot was handled in an intriguing way, there is an obvious plot hole here. As someone mentioned, where is the baby? The doctors obviously had to remove something from TJ, so the corpse should be around. If I were TJ, that would definitely be something I'd ask to see, and I can't imagine they'd just dump it straight away.

So, Rush fixes the mess that Young created. And I wonder how many people are all for Rush sacrificing three lives to save the ship and everyone on it, when Young wasn't willing to risk one person's life to do the same. Rush was willing to make the hard and necessary calls that Young wasn't. Although I don't think Rush would make a good leader, he's several heads higher than Young in the department. Young has some serious work cut out for him if he wants to regain the title of "competence." Or perhaps he just needs to realize he's not in SG-1 or Atlantis, but on SGU, which is an entirely different show.

Chloe showing shades of Wolverine. I admit, I knew she was gonna go alien because of the preview stuff I had seen, but I didn't exactly expect her to suddenly be up and around, healed. Interesting that the healing kicked in just in time for the beginning of Season 2. And personally I think the aliens did something unique to Chloe, or perhaps whatever they did failed on Rush and succeeded on her. I'm guessing it was a secondary plan; turn Chloe into one of them so they have someone on Destiny.

And interesting that the Inverse Ninja Law is in effect. Two guys vs. a bunch of others means the two guys are bullet proof and succeed wildly. Cliche trope material, especially with how glaringly bad a full complement of troops got owned earlier, but two guys? No problem. Inverse Ninja Law, baby!

I have to ask though... did we really need Dannic? Seriously? Up the suspension by deliberately including a crazy guy who was in charge? And no one else thought to kill the guy before now? It should have been a blatantly obvious choice for almost all of the LA people, if not when he started snapping, to when they were confronted with the choice of life or death.

Despite my quips, it was a decent episode, if a bit cliched. It served the purpose of resolving things through the unimaginative use of tropes. Of course, it was stupid how they got into it, so I suppose it makes sense they climbed out of the hole the same way they went in. Here's hoping previous episodes get better.

Edit to add: At this point, I'd probably go for Telford taking charge. He was supposed to originally, and after Young's big-ass screwups, there needs to be a change.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
              Rush is definitely growing into the most interesting character on the show! I wonder if Young's opinion on Rush shall change.
              Young didn't look too happy when Scott told him Rush had managed their rescue. Too bad.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
                And interesting that the Inverse Ninja Law is in effect. Two guys vs. a bunch of others means the two guys are bullet proof and succeed wildly. Cliche trope material, especially with how glaringly bad a full complement of troops got owned earlier, but two guys? No problem. Inverse Ninja Law, baby!
                Well, to be fair, their military didn't "lose" in the previous two episodes. They pulled back to assess the situation and were completely in control of the ship sans hostages; they didn't try the "gun them down" option. They only lost because Young surrendered on a crazy idea to try to save the hostages and avoid further fighting. Did it work? Sorta?

Comment

To be honest I was worried this episode would turn out to be one giant cop-out, where everyone lives and everything is wrapped up not just quickly but extremely conveniently too. I was pleasantly surprised that the writing was more than adequate to cover the gaps, and the more unusual questions were left open for later.

I think it's interesting how they solved the baby issue and I wonder if it will be relevant later on this season or in the series in general. Scott/Grier survived plausibly too, so no complaints there. I imagine later episodes this season will have to slow the pace down as we now have quite a few threads in motion as it is. Here's also hoping that the Alliance/Human populations don't forget about past grievances in a few days like in Star Trek Voyager. I'm hoping that will be a long-term issue, as it should be.

Oh and I thought Rush once again was excellent. I liked how he had to turn around and couldn't face his compatriots, don't know how much he's really effected by all this but clearly it wasn't an easy thing to do, even for him. Anyway I was pleased, its a good start to the new season. Now I'm waiting to see what that second Destiny thing is all about. Should be fun!

Comment

I hated the magic baby cop-out! Oh lets have 'angel aliens' just whisk the baby away so we don't have to bother with it. Guess they did not want the baby around every show, getting in the way. You can't have an action adventure show with a baby, as the baby would be immortal.

And, of course, the baby will be back in a couple shows...all grown-up....sigh.

Comment

At this point, I'd probably go for Telford taking charge. He was supposed to originally, and after Young's big-ass screwups, there needs to be a change.
                      Hmmm. Think there will be a power struggle in episodes to come despite Young and Telford's renewed friendship? Or maybe Young and Telford face off against Rush and Wray? And then Varro and the redhead skip to the head of the class and lead everyone down the primrose path! Sheesh. All chiefs and no Indians. No wonder Brody never opens his mouth.
                      sigpic

Comment

Interesting. The TJ baby plot was handled in an intriguing way, there is an obvious plot hole here. As someone mentioned, where is the baby? The doctors obviously had to remove something from TJ, so the corpse should be around. If I were TJ, that would definitely be something I'd ask to see, and I can't imagine they'd just dump it straight away.
                        It's not a plot hole since even TJ didn't disappeared off the ship while she was on the planet. At least, according to Wray and what we saw. Let's say it's something that add to the whole mystery of the situation.
                        Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by BriGuy View Post
                          I hated the magic baby cop-out! Oh lets have 'angel aliens' just whisk the baby away so we don't have to bother with it. Guess they did not want the baby around every show, getting in the way. You can't have an action adventure show with a baby, as the baby would be immortal.

And, of course, the baby will be back in a couple shows...all grown-up....sigh.
                          Unless of course it's really dead and TJ just imagined the whole thing. Mind screw, who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                            I didn't like this episode very much. But it was entertaining enough. Let's say I wouldn't want to rewatch it. It had a good pacing and I liked the TJ storyline.

The whole episode felt contrived a bit to me. For example, Rush having just enough control to retake the ship beside a radiating pulsar. Or having a "magic" room which better shielding protecting them for the radiation. The LA scientist killing the new leader, but nobody killed her or took the leadership. Or the Alien keeping the baby but not TJ (if it's real), beside the fact that they seem to follow what happened on the Destiny in the first place and brought TJ on their planet. Or the LA not blowing up the door of the hydroponic because supposedly people would die inside. Or Scott and Greer having found a way to hide somewhere, somehow.

On the other hand, I like the little mystery behind TJ's situation. Beyond the contrive aspect of it mentioned above, I like the way Rush retook the ship.

For me, it's like the SGA episode "The Queen". While there's some action, it's a little bit too bland and contrived to be considered a very good episode. I give it a 6/10. * me ducking to avoid the tomatoes thrown at me*
                            Dont worry! i too feel the same.

Other than that i'll take anything startage throws at me

Comment

I really liked the whole ep. I even liked the way the whole TJ/baby storyline was dealt with.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                No its not. Their is no evidence to back it up. Just a fandom dream
                                Well, well, the one bit of Furling tech we came across in SG-1 was a device to teleport people to a paradise "world", so it is somewhat plausible

I agree with many of the above posters, this episode wasn't as epic as it could have been, the gun fights were average

Comment

Working...
                                X