Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow I loved this episode, I'm looking foward to this season, now I'm wondering if we'll see more of "Carmen" TJ's daughter did she ascend I'm curious to know
    sigpic
    siggy made by RogueRanger
    http://youtu.be/frhgT5CMpjo
    killing threads one post at a time

Comment

I mostly enjoyed this episode, everything onboard Destiny that is. The only thing that detracted from it for me (besides the excessive commercial breaks) was the TJ subplot.

Now please dont kill me for what I'm going to say, But all throughout her sequences all I could keep thinking about was Starbuck and the Cylon Leoben "dreams" from BSG. The Nebula thing pretty much sealed it for me. But again I did enjoy the episode

Comment

I think the best way to put it, is it was a "full" episode. Coming away feeling satisfied after watching a show is definitely how it should be; and been a long time since a show has done that for me, at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
          I tought the TJ scenes were well done, and when Wray tells her the news, it was just very powerful. When she sees the nebula or whatever it's called in Space, you say to yourself, that might have been real.

That is SGU, more character focus. If it was SG-1 or SGA there would be more plot and action.
          I liked the ending part with TJ but the stuff that happened to her on the Faith planet dragged on a little bit. I like character development but they were taking too long
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Great episode! I actually cheered when baldy got capped! that was awesome!

as far as the TJ thing goes... i'm more and more thinking ascended ancients/something to that effect. they are DEFINITELY watching over the crew but really cant seem to interfere majorly but are allowed to help out. one thing that bothers me about the whole situation though.. spoiler tag because of the topic

Spoiler:
            everyone seems to think baby carmen is dead yet they never even allude to a body. no one standing over a table looking at what you assume is the body, nothing. tj never asks where she is. personally, that'd be the first thing i'd ask. on the faith planet Carmen is there. if they'd have taken the body then she'd me missing on Destiny. Otherwise, we're talking about a consciousness. Thoughts?

Comment

Well after 102 days I thought this was a good episode to start season 2. I'd rate the episode in the 7-8 of 10 range. The story was pretty good, the plot progressed more or less how I expected but once again everything got wrapped up very quickly. It's not that the resolution was bad or poorly put together, its just, wow things do get settled in a hurry with SGU.

Well it does leave room for new ideas and stuff so I'm all for that. Takes some getting used to watching it on Tuesday evening though...

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                I liked the ending part with TJ but the stuff that happened to her on the Faith planet dragged on a little bit. I like character development but they were taking too long
                BTW, Did Chloe seem like wallpaper to you? Also Greer reminded me of Ronon following Sheppard into a fight. Was kinda weird.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Maybe, but I do think there were a lot of... hints.. laced throughout those scenes that make them more important than they seem on the surface. That, and I'm a sucker for mystery like this; just like back in the early days of SG1.

Comment

BTW, Did Chloe seem like wallpaper to you? Also Greer reminded me of Ronon following Sheppard into a fight. Was kinda weird.
                    Pretty much. She did not do anything because it was purely a military matter. Eli was in background as well.
                    Originally posted by geddarkstorm View Post
                    Maybe, but I do think there were a lot of... hints.. laced throughout those scenes that make them more important than they seem on the surface. That, and I'm a sucker for mystery like this; just like back in the early days of SG1.
                    It was obvious to me about the baby the second Caine said the aliens transported her here.
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

also, holy Wolverine-like healing Chloe!

Comment

I thought this was a great way to start Season 2. Great episode, pretty much from start to finish. I loved the way they eventually got Destiny back, and thought TJ's side-story was pretty good. They can't just leave that as it is. Hopefully, we will eventually find out more.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

It's funny about the pace of this episode. We have been so used to a slower pace show. This eps was like Slamming on the Gas with a muscle car with over 500 HP! lol. SGA's EATG might have some competition. lol. But it did not bother me too much. Since it kept my interest.
                          sigpic

Comment

It's funny about the pace of this episode. We have been so used to a slower pace show. This eps was like Slamming on the Gas with a muscle car with over 500 HP! lol. SGA's EATG might have some competition. lol. But it did not bother me too much. Since it kept my interest.
                            You sir have insulted SGU's intergrity.

We duel at high noon. Pick your weapon
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
                              also, holy Wolverine-like healing Chloe!
                              that came quickly but i can understand not having her bleeding all over the ship for the second time in a row
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

The pace was definitely still extremly high. I wouldn't get too used to it though because they've been jamming in a lot of changes over the course of two episodes now. We are going to have to slow down again, although probably not to early S1 levels. Maybe late S2.

Comment

Working...
                                X