Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked the episode, but I didn't find it as good as "Common Descent" maybe I need a rewatch. But I find this episode to be only okay. Very cool seeing how things turned out on Novus.

Comment

Originally posted by Orion Antreas View Post
      I wasn't going to post to these forums again, but I have to say that was the most beautiful, and awesome ending to an episode in all of the Stargate franchise. My humble opinion of course. It is such a shame this show is going to end and the Stargate franchise in general. My favorite episode of SGU.

Carl Binder has redeemed himself, in my eyes.
      Agree entirely, it was a very moving episode. Except with the franchise being at an end i that's what you meant, this chapter in the franchise however is sadly over. The ending was indeed magnificent.
      The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Brilliant episode, very epilogue-y, appropriately sad in places and just as funny in others. A whole lot of ensemble fun, and it feels all the more bittersweet given that there's only two episodes left, so yeesh.
        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

'Epic-logue'
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
            'Epic-logue'
            agreed

Comment

Likes...

The settlers advanced technologically the way I hoped/figured they would (located iron and what? right away) The writers didn't disappoint. Recording everything (like a culture born of scientists likely would), advanced medical knowledge, ships etc... good stuff.

Some pretty good humor. (elevator music was funny, get off my lawn was hackish)

Completely glossing over the relationship stuff in a SG1/SGA kind of way (which I consider a compliment).

Varro snagging TJ, the woman of his dreams only to be repaid by falling to his almost death. That sounds about right. Kudos for the realism from the writers, thats pretty much how relationships work. Except the part where her ex that still pines for her saves you. Little far fetched.

Dislikes...

Okay, so... Novan's city survives for 2,000 years intact. In the 36? hour window needed to download the database it falls apart? REALLY?! Ugh, its like Atlantis and the disappearing recovered ZPM/Hive ship of the week. They totally could have uploaded it then said its going to take years to get through it or something...

Novan society is based on a series of predictable and random genetic pairings? No multiple partners? No detailed planning? Wray doesn't even contribute? I don't think so...

On the one hand, I liked that they glossed over the dark/gritty emotional stuff... On the other hand, they opened the door to it. Its the point of SGU. Made it the big part of the show. So... everyone just pairs off and lives happily ever after (save for TJ, Brody). Don't deal with the problems of multiple pairings for breeding purposes? Don't explore the controversies/difficulties on Wray with regards to contributing to the gene pool? Magically there are now enough lesbians on the crew for her to have "dates" and be selective as to which is the most compatible, but chooses no one because she found her soul mate? Complete cop out.

Comment

I really liked the score in this episode. Especially towards the end.

Comment

such a sad episode....I could only watch it once...

Comment

Originally posted by LeonK View Post
                    Yeah it had the making of a good ending episode, perhaps we'll look back on sgu when it's all over and think of this episode as being more of a finale than the actual last episode?

I knew I'd tear up as soon as I saw where they were going with it, and yeah, I cried like a baby at it. It was well done, really well done, imo.

could have done with a couple less flashbacks maybe, but overall, I really enjoyed that episode.
                    A lot of fans seem to be having that reaction (here and a few other boards/sites)

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                    maybe we should all stop watching a ending we're happy with
                    Well I won't stop watching, but everything from here on - to me - will just be a sort of metaphor for life carrying on even when the story is over. Maybe more for the stargate universe than just for SGU.
                    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Asgard_live View Post
                      Likes...

The settlers advanced technologically the way I hoped/figured they would (located iron and what? right away) The writers didn't disappoint. Recording everything (like a culture born of scientists likely would), advanced medical knowledge, ships etc... good stuff.

Some pretty good humor. (elevator music was funny, get off my lawn was hackish)

Completely glossing over the relationship stuff in a SG1/SGA kind of way (which I consider a compliment).

Varro snagging TJ, the woman of his dreams only to be repaid by falling to his almost death. That sounds about right. Kudos for the realism from the writers, thats pretty much how relationships work. Except the part where her ex that still pines for her saves you. Little far fetched.

Dislikes...

Okay, so... Novan's city survives for 2,000 years intact. In the 36? hour window needed to download the database it falls apart? REALLY?! Ugh, its like Atlantis and the disappearing recovered ZPM/Hive ship of the week. They totally could have uploaded it then said its going to take years to get through it or something...

Novan society is based on a series of predictable and random genetic pairings? No multiple partners? No detailed planning? Wray doesn't even contribute? I don't think so...

On the one hand, I liked that they glossed over the dark/gritty emotional stuff... On the other hand, they opened the door to it. Its the point of SGU. Made it the big part of the show. So... everyone just pairs off and lives happily ever after (save for TJ, Brody). Don't deal with the problems of multiple pairings for breeding purposes? Don't explore the controversies/difficulties on Wray with regards to contributing to the gene pool? Magically there are now enough lesbians on the crew for her to have "dates" and be selective as to which is the most compatible, but chooses no one because she found her soul mate? Complete cop out.
                      The planet didn't just fall apart in 36 hours. It had been at least 30 years since they lost contact with the planet. Plus the old man talked about running around the halls of the bunker since he was a kid, so they'd more than likely been preparing for, and finding a way to survive the catastrophe for a lot longer.
                      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                        The planet didn't just fall apart in 36 hours. It had been at least 30 years since they lost contact with the planet. Plus the old man talked about running around the halls of the bunker since he was a kid, so they'd more than likely been preparing for, and finding a way to survive the catastrophe for a lot longer.
                        I didn't say planet, I said City. Their cities and all the retained knowledge survives for 2,000 years. At anytime in the last 2,000 years Destiny could have shown up and gotten whatever knowledge they had until that point, book form, kino form, whatever. However, Destiny shows up, needs only 36 hours? to "upload". And it is during that 36 hour window that the data and that part of the city finally becomes unavailable after sitting there god knows how long. Man, that is some bad luck. Silly bad luck.

Comment

The ending brought tears to my eyes.

I give it a full four-star rating.

Comment

Such a great episode, especially the ending, as others have said.

Comment

At the end I saw Destiny fly into FTL.

Then they showed a Destiny look alike flying out of the city. The city was whole so it seems they left before the volcanos. Obviously a flashback.

I'll need to watch the end again. Did anyone else see this?

Comment

Originally posted by Corona View Post
                                At the end I saw Destiny fly into FTL.

Then they showed a Destiny look alike flying out of the city. The city was whole so it seems they left before the volcanos. Obviously a flashback.

I'll need to watch the end again. Did anyone else see this?
                                Yes. We saw Destiny leave, then we saw when the locals left. What about it?
                                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                                X