Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

would have been a ten, but I think this is a tw0-parter so it has that unfinished feel, not that there's anything wrong with that
    sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
      would have been a ten, but I think this is a tw0-parter so it has that unfinished feel, not that there's anything wrong with that
      Would change your mind after seeing the finished product?
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Tanith0709 View Post
        Ah but you seem to be forgetting such times such as the SG1 episode "1969".

In that instance the wormhole looped back on itself (They left from Earth and ended up on Earth in a different time period). So I would assume that in this instance the wormhole looped back on itself but since the Destiny wasn't in the same position 2000 years ago the wormhole jumped to a close Stargate in the proximity (Think Rush said something similar).
        I wasn't forgetting any such instance - just didn't quite realize that the Destiny wouldn't be there when the wormhole looped back some 2,000 years in the past. Of course in that episode they didn't rematerialize through the actual Stargate, but rather where the Stargate was in their own time. That's probably a discussion for another thread though and 1 that's been had countless of times over again :-p It should be noted i was similarly peeved the first time a wormhole sent someone back in time without looping the wormhole back on itself (Atlantis's "Last Man" i believe?). I've since recovered however so all is well ;-)

Comment

9.. it was a brilliant episode but a 10.. Im not so sure.

I did love the classic stargate feel to it though
          I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Classic Stargate, good story excellent CG and character moments.

It gets a 9 because the story is unfinished and i hate shows that leave you hanging on the edge of your seat begging it not to end there.

N.C

Comment

Hmm, this is the first time this season when I just don't know how to vote! Me thinks I need to rewatch it before voting. The thing is, there was a ton of absolutely cool stuff that I loved (did anyone else see Greer/Wray hug?!) but at the same time something felt off to me and I can't put my finger on what it is. And I haven't made up my mind about the whole "descendants" storyline.

Yep, a rewatch it is.
              There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
              sigpic
              awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Originally posted by The Destiny View Post
                Another 1. I'm not being a fanboy here going "0mgz YouR a Hat0r!!!", because if the people who voted 1's left a response I wouldn't mind. Just pressing 1 and not responding however does give a "I wanna rate 1, just because I hate it" vibe.
                If you look at the ratings it's been given, there are far more votes than there are comments, and it happens every week, so I don't know why anyone is suprised. I have never voted on the polls I don't think, and this week I have to wait another week because there is currently a Buffy marathon on scifi for Easter. This ep I might just bother to vote on and explain why.
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Voting a 1 is far more negative than a 10 is positive though. In polls like this 10's are handed out far quiker than 8's or 9's so the fact people vote a 10 doesn't really suprise anyone.

Comment

Idea: very good!
                    Realization: good
                    But the problem is: only misfortune, destructions, problems, no-solutions...
                    We also have problems, misfortunes, destructions, no-solutions nowadays; a science fiction only negative and pessimistic, without almost any kind of irony isn't my type of show, it holds me in the real world, and the real world is just enough to me.
                    Moreover I'm a Tolkienian, and I like his conception about the stories of fantasy (in general sense): the need of the eucatastrophe. Here in SGU very few of that kind.
                    In my opinion this is the problem with SGU...

Comment

Originally posted by The Destiny View Post
                      Voting a 1 is far more negative than a 10 is positive though. In polls like this 10's are handed out far quiker than 8's or 9's so the fact people vote a 10 doesn't really suprise anyone.
                      Interesting point. As a first response I wanted to give 'The Hunt' a 1, as I found myself feeling bored in parts, seen it done it, trees again *yawn*! However, on thinking about it, there were a few saving graces and it got a 5 since I couldn't condemn it completely. For the same reason I haven't given a 10 yet for episodes that have had me totally riveted, but didn't have all the elements where I could say, wow, perfect, even though it was my initial response!

Comment

8/10

After seeing the follow up to this ep, I'll give this ep one more point better than its conclusion. The story is interesting, but I didn't think the ep was worth more than an 8 in execution.
                        IMO always implied.

Comment

Nr. 1 I thought a nuclear explosion wasn't able to damage the Stargate, much less fighter weapon fire. Must be the age of the Gate. Otherwise, AWESOME!!! 7.
                          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

actually, nukes have been used on gates in the past - the original film that was the mission (though not carried out according to orders) and at least one other nuke was used at a gate when the ori were trying to gain a foothold. i get the feeling i'm missing one or two others somewhere, however: earth has specifically developed naquadah-enhanced warheads as 'gatebusters.'
                            Cantina Petition for Perma-sticky (or own subforum)

Comment

Originally posted by Keeper View Post
                              actually, nukes have been used on gates in the past - the original film that was the mission (though not carried out according to orders) and at least one other nuke was used at a gate when the ori were trying to gain a foothold. i get the feeling i'm missing one or two others somewhere, however: earth has specifically developed naquadah-enhanced warheads as 'gatebusters.'
                              the gate that a "gatebuster" was used was protected by the ori so no harm came to it then they used the energy produced by the warhead to feed their planet busting shield.

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                                the gate that a "gatebuster" was used was protected by the ori so no harm came to it then they used the energy produced by the warhead to feed their planet busting shield.
                                well aye, but the point i was making is that we've been shown at least one purpose-built nuclear weapon for gatebusting
                                Cantina Petition for Perma-sticky (or own subforum)

Comment

Working...
                                X