Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This storyline may well continue through the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Airlock View Post
      To be fair, this is Part 1 of 2.
      Like... for reals?

Comment

Originally posted by darkthunder84 View Post
        Like... for reals?
        Naw, another one of those "imagine your own endings". Next week all the extra people will be gone and they will never mention it again.

Comment

Like... for reals?
          Yep.

Comment

I don't give many 10/10s; the only episodes of SGU so far that I think deserve 10 are "Time", "Malice" and "Twin Destinies".

But I feel that "Common Descent" will be joining their ranks: it had a fantastic sci-fi story that was intelligent, mature and unpredictable; the character moments were priceless, especially with Brody, Volker, TJ, Young and Rush, and as always the acting was top-notch; the pacing was great, with an action scene at the beginning to set the tone and then some slower stuff before building to the brilliant evacuation scene; the production values were fantastic; and it took me on a roller coaster ride of emotions, like all good stories should.

The scene when the two shuttles swoop down to rescue them filled me with such elation. It is a crime that we only have three episodes left...

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
              Two 1s, what a shock. The anti people just have no desire to be constructive.
              And on the other hand, you have the people who give 10's to every episode out there.

But this episode was pretty good. Gave it an 8.

Comment

Originally posted by blazingfire View Post
                And on the other hand, you have the people who give 10's to every episode out there.
                I'd rather have people giving 10's because they like it so much than people who hate it with all their guts and give 1's. There's enough negativity around. Here, have a flower.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                  I'd rather have people giving 10's because they like it so much than people who hate it with all their guts and give 1's. There's enough negativity around. Here, have a flower.
                  Thanks for the flower.
                  * takes flower and sets it down somewhere nice.

Comment

9, just be because it's first part of two parter. Not shocking, but very interesting to see such kind of story to be revealed in all serialized glory with threads going in lot of episodes in the past, and having main lifeline with "Twin Destinies" and "Deliverance".

We need books to finish this amazing story, period.

Comment

9 only because I believe better is still to come.

Comment

I gave a 9 for the effort since it shows the potential of SGU with more off world missions. But I think the next episode may actually top it, but I will give it a 9 nevertheless (unless its incredibly great).

Common Descent is among my preferred episodes which include Time, Space, Trial and Error, Seizure.

It's really fun when the plot is about something else than the petty bickering on the ship. There was some sci-fi mystery and plot development.
                        Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

I give it a 9. It would've been a perfect 10, if they wouldn't have destroyed part of the gate by such a "minor" explosion. We've seen worse things before without destroying the gate, and merely severing the connection. Case in point, SG-1's '48 hours'.

Unfortunately, the episode leaves us with alot of unanswered questions.
                          1) these gates are prototypes
                          2) the gates are made with materials that the seed ships find
                          3) those drones weapons are designed to take out ships with hulls, hulls are thick to keep in atmosphere
                          4) etc.

Comment

9. Only because the first half had me crying about the cancellation (I was so moved!) but then by the end, I wasn't as excited anymore, and can't really figure out why. There was nothing wrong with the episode at all.....but really perfect episodes keep my heart dancing through the last second! Maybe I was just pissed that Rush's will won out. Maybe he was right, but it seemed so heartless, and took down my spirits.
                            sigpic
                            Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
                            O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
                            Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
                            O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

Ha. posted and then voted after. Clicked the 10. Ended up that I just couldn't bring myself to stick to that "9". It WAS a freaking awesome episode.
                              sigpic
                              Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
                              O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
                              Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
                              O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

Loved it.

Comment

Working...
                                X