This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
    Yeah? Maybe they skipped those not-that-bad 5 minutes?
    They still didn't lose much if they did (which is doubtful).

Comment

Originally posted by wingsabre View Post
      So either Scott had AB blood, Chloe has type O, or they both have the exact blood type....
      Even I found this a bit convenient. ...And why didn't they use a tourniquet on Scott's arm when the fungus started to spread?

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
      Or they made it from offworld planets. Who knows.
      If they can make booze, making fuel is not a far stretch.

Originally posted by latvian_stargatefan View Post
      The planet stuff wasn't bad and I didn't guess what Chloe was doing when she approached the alien plant (maybe because I don't treat every tv show like it's Agatha Christie novel and I should from the first minute in try to guess all the things what'll happen). A first when she stretched out her hand, I thought she maybe tries to do something to that plant mentally using her alien DNA but later, of course, it was clear to me too).
      This is what I thought too. I was expecting something to shoot out her hand.

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
      Chloe would have seen the info on his dogtags).
      Great point. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
      I love you guys who say you hated the ep, and fast-forwarded through most of it. It's just so... irony isn't the word... You don't even watch the damn thing and claim it to suck. Hah.
      Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
      so people want a classic stargate ep, but when they get it they whine and complain, and don't even watch half of it...you guys make me sick

PS On the rewatch I caught how Chloe got the spore on her shirt - in the movie when actor!Matt cuts the plant in half a bit of the "blood" splashes onto actor!Chloe's shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
        Who said I want ''a classic stargate ep''? And I did watch the whole damn thing, like I said.

Take some medicine and try to feel better bro.
        the "you" part was a general term for everyone"

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
          The only thing that I liked about this episode is that it brought back what SGU has missed; the kawoosh.
          THAT was funny, seriously. The episode was better than I thought but still not really exciting or intriguing.

Comment

"You are lying on the floor!"

I guess the Changeling comparison is easy to make. The dream scenes weren't as good as the real world stuff. The last 10 minutes were the best part. Especially Chloe's Smurf-terminator face. I wonder how much of the dream does Matt remember.
            || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by mparsons1981 View Post
              To those who argue that saying this episode not effecting the main plot makes it poor, you are correct.

However this is a poor episode, because matt and chloe are the 2 worst characters in the entire history of stargate. Chloe especially has no more point that stupid titilation for horny teenagers.

Add to that, there is nothing wrong with a character based episode, if

1) its actually interesting, and
              2) we learn something new about the focused characters

This episode achieved neither of these points.

Personally i think American TV has always suffered with these long seasons. You always end up having terrible episodes.

The reduced episodes of shows like the wire, the sopranos, and six feet under being notable exceptions. When you reduce the episodes you can just focus on quality rather than quantity.

Look at something like the original life on mars, not the terrible US remake, and u can see how less episodes = greater quality.

This was just a terrible filler episode that added nothing in any way to stargate universe. The only people who say they like this are the ones who love stargate so much that they like every episode, no matter how bad.

But thats only my opinion.... please dont get angry with me!
              But it does effect the main plot. The fact that Chloe and Scott are in quarentine at the end proves that. I would have disagree about episode numbers. It comes down to the writers. If they can writr 13 or 20 episodes it will be entertaining. Bad writing will be garbage regardless of the episode count
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

If I were Kiefer Sutherland I'd sue them for using my name like 20 times in such a poor episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
                  If I were Kiefer Sutherland I'd sue them for using my name like 20 times in such a poor episode.
                  Their such law that prevents an actor's name to be used in an episode
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

This episode had no effect on the main plot, how pointless and rubbish! SG-1 and Atlantis never had episodes like that!

Spoiler:
                    /sarcasm

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                      JustAnotherVoice, I don't think it's a helpful practice to label episodes as 'filler' as if to write them off. Actually I see it as a kind of insult. If an episode doesn't contribute enough to the main plot arc, it's suddenly 'filler' and therefore pointless and possibly boring. I prefer to judge episodes by whether I enjoyed watching them, before worrying about whether they can be categorised as 'filler'.
                      While your ire seems to be directed "out there" at the fandom, it was addressed to me, so I'll reply.

Firstly, I'm not writing it off. I'm checking it off as "seen once, probably won't go out of my way to see again."

Secondly, I'm not one to read Joe's tweets or blog entries about upcoming episodes or scour the net for spoilers, so I go into each episode not knowing what it will bring, therefore I'm not categorising it as filler until after the fact.

The facts are: (1) I found the episode bland. Neither the A nor B stories managed to hold my attention particularly well. (2) The plot concerns itself with characters that I have little to no vested interest in. There was a moment, just before they were about to cut Scott's arm off when his character became interesting to me, but outside of that, all of the interesting characters play supporting roles. Even relegated to supporting roles, I saw little or no character development, and since Scott's acid drop was so far removed from everything, we can't even say we got an insight into how he views his shipmates.

Finally, I'm glad that you enjoyed the episode. However, Cloverdale is just my weekly SGU fix until the next new episode, which is the very definition of filler.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        Their such law that prevents an actor's name to be used in an episode
                        I assume you meant "there is no such law" and you'd be wrong:

http://www.citmedialaw.org/legal-gui...keness-another

Comment

It was a perfectly adequate mid season episode. Lets be honest, at no point has Stargate made the medical episodes interesting, the fourth horseman possibly, but this is Sci-fi, not house. Lets get a little perspective. And i agree with some of the above points, that this felt very classic in terms of stargate. Yes it got a bit of a rehash vibe, but this was more intense, and had more emotional and drama than the majority of its predecessors. Its not the best episode of stargate, but its not an episode that should completely derail viewing either, every show has its mediocre moments, deal with it. It makes the best episodes even more satisfying.
                          sigpic
                          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                          Stargate : Genesis |
                          Original Starship DesignThread
                          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                            I loved how this episode was in the vein of The Changeling. One of the best episodes of SG-1 IMO, so it was nice to see them take a similar tack here without just retreading. Sure, this was in no small way just waiting to see how Chloe's 'condition' would save the day in the last few minutes, but it was an entertaining ride!

I loved the little '50s/Eureka-esque town, particularly the wide angle shot of the bus pulling into town near the beginning. The evil plants were a lovely re-take on giant plants not really seen since Zero Hour or even One False Step. And the make-up on Scott's arm, good god. EW

There was also a lot of hilarious stuff in this one, this is the first SGU ep that I've largely laughed through. The blatant MGM self-promotion was a riot, I loved that Brody owned the bar in town, I got a huge kick out of James as the hot ex-girlfriend waitress at the bachelor party, I was pleased to see LDP again, and oh man....I freaking howled at Rush in cowboy boots
                            I immediatley thought of The Changeling and The Real World. The Dream world sequences were just silly and were just used to feed the reality story of what was going on with Scott. But I think it still was a good episode.

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                            Woah. Go collective negative opinion fandom!

I freaking loved this episode, top to bottom. Brad Wright did a fantastic job, and since I'm about the only one around here who doesn't have a problem with Scott or Chloe, it was great, and even beyond that, everyone else got their little moment to shine, didn't they?

First off: real reality. I did prefer these scenes, no doubt, but I still dug the other ones too (Even though, you know, they weren't quite real, but the Cloverdale scenes were good character insights into Scott). For one thing, the scenes showed the dedication of the characters in simple ways - TJ wants to do anything to save her patient, Rush is practical about the whole thing (Cut off his arm), Eli is standing around and hoping like all hell another Riley doesn't happen, Young is worried about everything (In one of his less psychotic moments. Good for him.)... and Greer is totally awesome. Seriously, he and Matt's friendship is a great reflection on both of them, and yeah, I couldn't help but smile a little with Greer being the last one behind with Scott and Chloe.

Plus, you know, flamethrower and Kino sled for the motherflippin' win.

Eli/Chloe thing was great, and unexpected. Poor guy.

Now, to the Cloverdale verse: It was interesting to see how Scott saw everybody, and while some of it wasn't surprising, some of it kinda was. Young the dad was easy enough, and Young the not very perfect father with some kind of little weight to him was fun, though very subtle. Eli being Chloe's brother must've either been a rationalisation on Scott's part or he's oblivious to Eli's definitely non-platonic love for her. Greer the best man makes sense. Brody the bar owner, Volker the awkward pharmacist, Telford the cop - all little things that work well within the context of the story. Poor James- still pining, and even Scott's subconscious alternate self whatevs knows it. That scene was off all around. Park randomly appearing as Chloe's maid of honour was odd, though I honestly couldn't pin down who else would take up that role outside of TJ... and they excluded her from everything outside her one scene for one very obvious reason:

More than anything, I'd bet Scott sees TJ as a sister. If they had gone with that in the alternate world, the Young/TJ thing would've looked so so damn creepy...

Lol Rush. Justice of the Peace. Of course.

All in all, I think I'll add this to one of my favourite episodes of SGU. Nice helping of offworld hijinks, ensemble character fun, a bit of alien plant action, flamethrowers, and some character exploration on Scott that hadn't happened in a while. Plus, first big Eli/Chloe moment in a while. Cool.
                            I am in the pro party for this episode. I even said BW was clever writing this episode. But yeah also agree the real life scenes were more entertaining.
                            sigpic

Comment

Well I certainly enjoyed this ep.

Lots to love, flamethrowers, offworld action, triffid plants, creepy dreams, LDP being creepy, Rush being creepy and last but not least the ridiculous outfit that they put Rush in. A Scottish man dressed like a Texan. And those boots! I lol’d.

Glad to see there were consequences, it was not just a happily ever after ending, although
                              Spoiler:
                              The sneak peak for next shows it might go back to the status quo a bit.

Comment

An enjoyable episode, classic stargate in new spangly colours and ****.

I liked the fact that they actually took the time to build the ep to the point of Chloe having to do what i new was gonna happen about 15 mins in, nevertheless, good ep.

I see people whining about how it took 43 mins just to reach the blood transfusion, i enjoyed the buildup, admittedly some cringey moments but the build up was i believe; the writers way of trying to convey the sense of uncertainty for the future of "Romeo & Juliet," both now outcast by humans, and if they ever change into BA's then doubtfully accepted into their society if they ever wanted to try, quarantined together, unknowing at what will happen further down the line etc etc.

Really got me thinking more than 10 eps in front of me at the picture as a whole

N.C

Comment

Working...
                                X