No announcement yet.

Puddle Jumpers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we know nothing of this ship truely yet we are playing with the toys we can understand but for all we know there could be a external gate that can be deployed when wanted their could for all we know be a super resource unit hidden in the broom closet waiting to be switched back on to go get the water, lime, food, and bug sprey for that funny looking bug swarm. also a pint of milk and sweets for the halloween rush.

Comment

Damn if i had wanted puddle jumpers in Universe then they might just have shipped Atlantis across the Universe instead.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IcarusAbides View Post
        Damn if i had wanted puddle jumpers in Universe then they might just have shipped Atlantis across the Universe instead.
        gotta love that wormhole drive
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
          gotta love that wormhole drive
          sigpic

Comment

We have a number of... shuttles.
            That is all.
            The Communist Party!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nchewbacca View Post
              We have a number of... shuttles.
              I think they mean something that can travel through the gate whereas the shuttle cannot, personally i don't see the need for PJs in SGU.
              sigpic

Comment

It might be the case that the FTL drive may have some bearing in the matter. I thought initially that it might suffer from relativistic effects, and anyone on board would experience time dilation, but the fact that they've been in contact with earth via the stones seems to fire that one out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by Orion Antreas View Post
                  No they don't.

it possible that hey only had the ATA tech upgraded after Destiny departed. Now Destiny come around, less than a million years old and doesnt have ATA genes. It wasn't said that it was deliberately made so that ATA wasn't necessary it was said to predate the ATA gene. The continuity is starting to irritate me.

Wrong.

The Antarctic research team suspected that the Beta gate (the original Stargate left behind by the Ancients) was 50 million years old. They thought that she could be as old as 50 million years, but your next statement debunks that theory and gives us our answer.

You're correct. Both the city of Atlantis and the Taonas outpost on Proclarush possess(ed) the ATA-gene technology.

Rush debunked that. I'm paraphrasing here, but Rush said, "Destiny predates that technology!", in response to Volker's statement that Destiny's systems may require the ATA gene.

First, I want to point out that when Rush said, "hundreds of thousands of years old", that shouldn't always be taken literally as being a number between 100,000 to 1,000,000. That is a phrase that is used from time to time to mean "a long time" or something 'much more than it really means', and it was probably something he just through out there just to provide something. After all, he did follow, again paraphrasing, "...who knows how old it truly is." That right there just hinted that it could be much older.

I mean, come on. Rush was on the ship for 20 minutes AT most, if that. How could we truly know the age of the ship in that amount of time. He isn't a Rodney McKay who is a hairline away from God and can say, "I've been here for 10 minutes and I can determine that this ship is 55,543,123 years old. Come on now.

Exactly, proving my point even more.

We need more time before we can say anything. JM hinted at more history with the Ancients/Destiny, and definitely more exploration of the ship, so we will find out more, filling in the gaps.

Perhaps (and this is a wild assumption thrown out there), maybe TPTB are retconning (producing a Retroactive Continuity) the history of the Ancients. Maybe they felt a timeline spanning 50+ million years was too much, and they wanted to narrow it down to perhaps 1-3 million years. Again, a wild assumption that perhaps one could argue, although I don't believe it as such at this point. At least until we have more info.[/QUOTE]

There is a lot of merit to this. When Rush was asked by Scott where they were and Rush replied with "Several Billion light years from home", that was just a rough guess. Several billion could easily be tens of billions or even hundreds of billions of light years.

Comment

I can forsee a bunch of use in future eps with the dinged and banged up shuttle.

Comment

1. There could still be jumpers, or jumper like ships on board Destiny. Still too early to tell.

2. The Ancients could have chosen NOT to equip Destiny with ATA control technology. Why? "Minimization of loss." IF the Destiny were to fall into the hands of some "bad guy" they wouldn't want them to have as little knowledge as possible. Less to come back and be used against you.

Comment

Maybe in later seasons they'll find some on a planet or something.
                        For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. -Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

well there was the thing where the other scientist stated that destiny had been flying around for the better part of a million years, which would mean less than a million years
                          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

In this episode we got another pretty good view on Destiny's outer hull. There you can cleary see the two shuttles.
                            Apparently there was a third shuttle because behind the shuttle in the back you see the same orange-light-thing-ring-whatever that can be seen at the front of the remaining shuttles. If you want to check see picture 266/1179 in the gateworld gallery.

And to stick to the topic, I don't think they have shuttles like we already know from Atlantis. And I haven't seen something like a jumper bay or at least some bay doors.
                            Sam: "You can´t be serious!"
                            Jack: "What?"
                            Daniel: "It´s the only way!"
                            Jack: "What?"
                            Sam: "Now, we agreed...!"
                            Jack: "If I have to say "WHAT?" one more time, heads are gonna roll!"
                            - - - - -
                            Knight Rider S01E11
                            KITT: Sarah, our father is dead.
                            - - - - -
                            Eureka S03E12
                            Bismarck: This is madness.
                            Fargo: This is Eureka!

Comment

I wish they had a jumper in Icarus Base which was borrowed from Atlantis.
                              Nou ani Anquietas

Comment

i would just like to see a buggy or a wheeled or hover vehicle or something, it doesn't have to be a spaceship, but just something better than a space suit for going to and exploring, inhospitable planets, i find it hard to believe there isn't one, when the destiny is only near a planet for 12 hours by default, and you can only explore so much of a planet in 12 hours.

I mean, imagine if the destiny came to a planet that was exactly like earth with people on and everything, but the stargate was dropped off by the seeder ship in the middle of the sahara, or the middle of a rainforest, or the arctic/antarctic or on a random volcanic island in the pacific eh?
                                Spoiler:
                                Disclaimer:
                                I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                                Quotes!
                                - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                                - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                                - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X