No announcement yet.

Greer's Flamethrower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just spent the last 15-20 minutes sorting through this thread and deleting 26 posts most of them ot arguing about racism. In case any of you have forgotten the topic of the thread it is

"Greer's flamethrower"

Please discuss "Greer's flamethrower" and not racism. If you feel that someone's comments are out of line, then follow the proper procedure. Report the post and allow the moderators to handle the issue, and then continue discussing the topic of "Greer's flamethrower".

Refusal to follow this procedure may result in further moderation and possible restriction of your posting privileges.
    sigpic

Comment

Given that Greer MacGyvered a very effective flamethrower, I think we're going to be surprised at some of the things he'll be able to improvise in the future.

If I were stranded on a planet, I would definitely want someone like Greer with me. I personally think that he has enough resourcefulness that he'll be able to get everybody back to the ship Survivorman-style--in the manner of the wonderful Les Stroud.

Now given the ongoing food issue with the Destiny, it would be very much within the realm of plausibility that the crew would need to go hunting at some point. Greer must absolutely be part of that away team. I can only imagine all the cool traps he'll be able to setup!
      sigpic

Comment

I'm waiting for Greer and Eli to put their heads together and come up with something that'll just drop jaws all across Destiny (and GateWorld, too!)
        sigpic
        http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
          A quantum matrix deconstructor and a portable nuke launcher, me thinks.
          Fatman, Fallout 3. Google it

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes View Post
            I'm waiting for Greer and Eli to put their heads together and come up with something that'll just drop jaws all across Destiny (and GateWorld, too!)
            I'm still putting my money on an attempt by eli to make a lightsaber
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IcarusAbides View Post
              If Eli does Greer will probably stick it on his flamethrower and use it as a bayonet, while on his kino powered hover tank.
              sigpic
              Doci of the BAG

Comment

Originally posted by GateroomGuard View Post
                If Eli does Greer will probably stick it on his flamethrower and use it as a bayonet, while on his kino powered hover tank.
                Kino powered hover tank

Maybe Greer needs to jimmy rig the water systems
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
                  I just spent the last 15-20 minutes sorting through this thread and deleting 26 posts most of them ot arguing about racism. In case any of you have forgotten the topic of the thread it is

"Greer's flamethrower"

Please discuss "Greer's flamethrower" and not racism. If you feel that someone's comments are out of line, then follow the proper procedure. Report the post and allow the moderators to handle the issue, and then continue discussing the topic of "Greer's flamethrower".

Refusal to follow this procedure may result in further moderation and possible restriction of your posting privileges.
                  ok ed-209, do we have the usual 20 seconds to comply?

why is everyone so impressed by a flamethrower?! they're not that difficult to make, greers was just pressurized gas.
                  can of deodorant and a lighter does that, knew how to do that when i was 10 or something! its not like he created a magnetic accelerator gun!!
                  sigpic
                  EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                  -Liberty Prime

Comment

Originally posted by rlr149 View Post
                    why is everyone so impressed by a flamethrower?! they're not that difficult to make, greers was just pressurized gas.
                    can of deodorant and a lighter does that, knew how to do that when i was 10 or something! its not like he created a magnetic accelerator gun!!
                    Because it's Greer. Everything that man does is made of pure awesome!
                    sigpic
                    http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

The impressive part IMO wasn't necessarily that he made it, but that he made it without having anyone asking about what he was doing with those supplies. It leads me to believe there might be more people Greer has some buddy buddy connection to than we might have previously known.

Either that or everyone is so scared of him that no one had the balls to question what he was doing gathering a few small propane tanks, a quicktorch nozzle and a variable air pressure regulator/pressure switch.

Comment

Don't know about you but the ones i made never got the same range and accuracy to the one greer made also they tended to run out quick

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

They're definitely going to have to improvise whatever weapons they can come up with, because they will run out of bullets eventually. Greer is just getting a head start on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                            Don't know about you but the ones i made never got the same range and accuracy to the one greer made also they tended to run out quick
                            agreed, when i was 10 my efforts weren't as good as greers who's probably 15 years my senior........... and has a pretty good reason to make a good one, rather than my need(at the time, some stuff is just cool at that age) to just throw fire about.
                            i also learned after the first 'can' that "short controlled bursts" is the best way to go for fuel conservation with a flamethrower. actual flamethrowers use sticky fuel that keeps the target on fire, and they don't need to keep the flamejet going.
                            sigpic
                            EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                            -Liberty Prime

Comment

Originally posted by Arlan View Post
                              Can of hairspray and a zippo?
                              the senator's daughter got plenty of hairspray with her

Comment

Originally posted by IcarusAbides View Post
                                maybe he got a lightsaber app on his iphone that never runs out of power! muhaha

Comment

Working...
                                X