X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did you not like?

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
      Still, even though I knew that certain characters weren't going to die, I was extremely interested in how the events of the episode were going to play out.
      Which is why I don't think it's over. I don't think Scott's last words mean that someone it all got sorted out. Yes, we know Chloe will somehow be alive...but it's the *somehow* that I can't wait to see
      If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
      Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshi442 View Post
        Hated this episode from start to finish, and I've like all the other ones. Complete waste of my time.
        Pun intended?

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshi442 View Post
          Hated this episode from start to finish, and I've like all the other ones. Complete waste of my time.
          Sorry you didn't like it, but I got a chuckle out of "Complete waste of my time" when this episode was named "Time". No Pun intended? Sorry, carrying on.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
            Brilliant and Excellent ep. SGU has officially become the next Stargate series. It had Stargate written all over this one. I loved the character moments, the suspense and mystery was done very well. It also had a unique ending which was something a little different. This episode sorta remind me of Tabula Rasa from SGA, because it started from one point and you had to work your way to the solution while going backwards in time. I think the classic Stargate fans will be happy with this episode, I know I am.
            It was ... not bad, but not great, probably because I'm sitting there going "I've heard that dialogue before..."

From SGU tonight:
            Eli: Well, this couldn’t get much worse.
            Rush: I’m afraid that’s a failure of imagination.

Okay, from SGA “Suspicion”
            BATES: I can't imagine it would be any worse than their original homeworld.
            McKAY: That could just be failure of imagination on your part.

Didn't check to see who wrote the episode.

Eli did good in this episode, although in the beginning I can understand why Rush told him to grow up an episode or so ago because they're on an alien planet and he's acting like they're taking a walk in the park. And considering how many military people they had there, I'm rather surprised they just let Eli taste test the fruit. They were going back to the ship where it could be analyzed. It's different if you're in a survival situation. Maybe someone needs to send the writers the SAS handbook on survival

As soon as Chloe died, I knew the reset button was just around the corner somewhere. Ditto with Lt James as the actress has tweeted about future episodes (ah, dangers of the internet!) THen Volker. Definite reset.

While I liked the interaction of the characters, the plot seemed very deja vu, the hazard of watching SG1 and SGA, as in SG1 "Bane" they had to go back to the planet to get the bug to save Teal'c, and in SGA "Conversion" they had to go back to the planet to get the iratus bug DNA to save Sheppard. However, some insect venom does have antibacterial/anti-inflammatory properties, but the antibiotics they brought with them are designed to combat Earth bacteria, not microorganisms in another galaxy. Its sorta like watching Beckett innoculate the 'wee ones' in that one SGA episode, with Earth vaccines, for an Earth disease. I remember a whole rant by a doctor on a blog about that one!

And the solar flare, despite Eli's "back to the future" connection, was also very "1969" (SG1 episode).

And really folks, you go to an alien planet and start touching the plant life without gloves.... amazing no one got poison ivy

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
              I was absolutly hearth broken by that scene, I sympathise with Eli so much in that case. It...was a very emotional scene to say the least. Especially considering everyone who cares about her, and after Eli was able to get all of that off his chest, to only find out that she is dead....there is hope for this show yet.
              Maybe I have a heart of stone, but the Eli scene had me alternately laughing and rolling my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                BTW, Eli has proven in the last two eps that he is more than just a comic actor or character. He has really grown over the season, and I think he has become a lot of people's favorites. Scott had some good moments in this ep, so did Greer. TJ was also good. Chloe was just in the background, and even if some touching moments about her, she did not really contribute.
                Come on give her a break. She was infected. Don't make me get out the graph again
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                  Haha, neither did I. I realized it the moment TJ pulled the blanket over Lt. James' head though, as I knew that that actress appears in episodes further on.

Still, even though I knew that certain characters weren't going to die, I was extremely interested in how the events of the episode were going to play out.

I agree, the acting was superb. I have to also make sure that people recognize Brian's awesome acting. The scene where he woke up and everyone was dead, as well as the scenes where he was talking to the kino were epic. He is very talented as well
                  I agree with everything.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                  and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Holy mind frak Batman! WTF was that?

What was going on? They can't all be dead. Did the kino just keep going back in time? Or....may be they were different parallel universes...or alternate universes of the different fates of the expedition? And....which timeline is the real timeline? These time travel eps always make my brain hurt.

Loved the episode though. I was on the edge my seat the whole time. I loved how Eli was interviewing people with the kino. It was neat learning about the backgrounds.

Man....those creatures are NASTY! Eeeeeewwww!!
                    Last edited by Sue_Jackson; 13 November 2009, 06:46 PM.
                    sigpic
                    Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning Ducj View Post
                      Which is why I don't think it's over. I don't think Scott's last words mean that someone it all got sorted out. Yes, we know Chloe will somehow be alive...but it's the *somehow* that I can't wait to see
                      Well, Joseph Mallozzi classified this episode as a stand-alone episode, so I'm not sure that "Life" will be much of a conclusion to this story. In fact, the preview hints that it's a different story altogether.

Still, I agree that I want them to make a reference to it, at least for continuity's sake. I hope they mention that they're getting the last people treated for the microbe, and that they've succeeded in purifying the water, etc...
                      Sig by Pandora's Box
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Orion Antreas View Post
                        I can't tell if that is sarcasm or an agreement. I would prefer the latter, but in case it is the former. Oh well, that's how it looked to me and it really isn't far fetched. This episode was supposed to get you thinking and it succeeded, at least in my case. I thought about it and that is why I came with that conclusion.

No that explains the abrupt ending and why we're not going back to it.
                        What more needs to said....
                        It goes back they get the cure in time and no one dies....
                        It's perfect.
                        It even allows them to use the maximum amount of time for developing the story and they did...

Very well done.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          Come on give her a break. She was infected. Don't make me get out the graph again
                          Well dude, I pinpoint each character in the last 8 eps and everyone has sold the episode with their performance or at least had some good scenes that stole the show. Chloe is the only character yet to do this for me. Tonight's Ep was Eli's, and Scott towards the end of the episode.
                          sigpic

Comment

Huh!?! I had a funny joke but I think it got deleted....

Oops...never mind...got lost in the shuffle....found it when I got greened for it

carry on
                            If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
                            Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

This was just...it was...wow. Loved every second.

After I've seen it for a second time and managed to collect my thoughts, I think I'll actually post my own review of this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                                No that explains the abrupt ending and why we're not going back to it.
                                What more needs to said....
                                It goes back they get the cure in time and no one dies....
                                It's perfect.
                                It even allows them to use the maximum amount of time for developing the story and they did...

Very well done.
                                Well, in that case, thanks. With the internet, you can't tell if someone is agreeing or being sarcastic these days.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                                and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Working...
                                X