This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I call CONSPIRACY!
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      the writers
      green for that, ha!
      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

the writers
        O_o hardy-har-har
        sigpic

Comment

I wanted to mention something about this episode that I found really memorable - the young actor who played Greer as a kid. He was wonderful. I was especially impressed/touched by the scene (doubled in "real time" by Greer digging himself out of the cave-in) of the boy building the brick wall. When he said "done", there was all the sullen resentfulness of a kid who knows exactly what is about to happen. My heart hurt for the character; a fine bit of acting.
          sigpic
          Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
            I wanted to mention something about this episode that I found really memorable - the young actor who played Greer as a kid. He was wonderful. I was especially impressed/touched by the scene (doubled in "real time" by Greer digging himself out of the cave-in) of the boy building the brick wall. When he said "done", there was all the sullen resentfulness of a kid who knows exactly what is about to happen. My heart hurt for the character; a fine bit of acting.
            yes, I agree!
            there's sullen resentfulness but also a lot of defiance as well. He knows that wall is going to get knocked down and he keep going anyway, he doesn't give up
            sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

WOW, I get myself occupied elsewhere for a day and this thread turns into a back and forth about them staying on the Vermont planet.
              1. They dont know the conditions of the planet, it could be like that 9 months out of the year, or their could be this giant spider...
              2. Building a cabin is back breaking work, they had a month on the "Faith" planet and they were only able to build basic shelters, hence the need for the ship.

I think this is needed again. Listen to the NCO's, they are smarter and better than most officers. If Greer had not been left behind they probably would not have left the planet and would have been found.

I think Rush will change a bit, but it has to be a process. It is difficult enough to change your ways, you have to make a conscious decision and will slip a lot.

And finally I almost died when seeing the kid, I screamed in my head, "NO NO NO, dont destroy this episode with child actors!" But the kid was good and I was only sitting there laughing hard at his teenage Afro. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyScars View Post
                WOW, I get myself occupied elsewhere for a day and this thread turns into a back and forth about them staying on the Vermont planet.
                1. They dont know the conditions of the planet, it could be like that 9 months out of the year, or their could be this giant spider...
                2. Building a cabin is back breaking work, they had a month on the "Faith" planet and they were only able to build basic shelters, hence the need for the ship.

I think this is needed again. Listen to the NCO's, they are smarter and better than most officers. If Greer had not been left behind they probably would not have left the planet and would have been found.

I think Rush will change a bit, but it has to be a process. It is difficult enough to change your ways, you have to make a conscious decision and will slip a lot.

And finally I almost died when seeing the kid, I screamed in my head, "NO NO NO, dont destroy this episode with child actors!" But the kid was good and I was only sitting there laughing hard at his teenage Afro. LOL
                Ha, I normally would agree that NCO's are wiser than their counterparts, but Greer is an exception sometimes. And "Lost" was one of those times; though obviously, Greer was correct in thinking that going into the ruins in the first place was a bad idea. Kinda of a comedy of errors between Scott and Greer. Impulsiveness and experience v. naivety and education.

Comment

Plus, none of them outside of Young seem to be terribly experienced. We don't know what previous experience Greer has had in the Stargate program but Scott says in Air that Icarus is his first assignment out of program training. What experience either has had prior to that is a matter of speculation, though given Greer is a Master Sergeant, it should be a fair bit.

Comment

Now that you mention it... I have to agree. I had forgotten about that scene. Definitely some good acting from the kid.

Does anyone know the actor's name?
                    Enjoying SGU. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Since when has TV been shot in real time?
                      Exactly. Would be very boring just watching the stargate sit there for 4 minutes until Rush comes through...

Originally posted by General Yogi Bear View Post
                      SGU reallly need to focus more on exploration. For example, in the episode, "Faith" we should of learned more about that giant monument and who built it and less of the character stuff.
                      One thing the Stargate writers are very good at is leaving a lot of open plot lines for future episodes that they can just pick up and play with if they find a good way to continue the arc.

Who knows? Perhaps they'll find another one of these on a different planet and they'll meet the monument's creators? They have us interested... and if I see that monument in the "previously on SGU" section one day, then I'll know that the episode I'm about to watch is going to be rich in stargate goodness

Every story they leave open-ended has the possibility of being picked up in the second, third, or even later seasons.

Originally posted by yanna View Post
                      I liked everything except for Greer's backstory. I was too busy pointing and laughing at that ridiculous teen!Greer wig.
                      Haha yes, that was great Soo obvious, yet that may have even been intentional. Not every 'costume' has to look 100% real IMO (in my opinion).

I see they're back at work with their efforts on making people look younger - and doing a great job of it. Greer actually looked like a teenager there, as did Rush+Wife in the photograph we saw in Air, and other episodes where we've seen younger versions of the characters.

Originally posted by JoseP927 View Post
                      The ruins planet had big giant spiders; the Faith planet, as far as we know, doesn't. If it was me, seeing 2 giant spiders would be more than enough for me to get off that planet!!
                      Every planet has dangerous animals. Look at Earth
                      Spiders are different. I'd willingly face an angry lion in a cage match (two in fact!) if the alternative was to face one of those things. The vast majority of people have arachnophobia, and I'm sure JoseP927 is no exception.

Unless you have arachnophobia yourself, you'll never fully comprehend what it's like.
                      Enjoying SGU. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Agreed. I was touched by this scene. I could almost sense in his expressions what was going to happen. Yet he continued to finish stacking the bricks till he was done. It was heartbreaking to see. The whole flashback stuff really gives insight to why Greer is the way he is.
                        My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
                        "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Originally posted by Stranded View Post

Spiders are different. I'd willingly face an angry lion in a cage match (two in fact!) if the alternative was to face one of those things. The vast majority of people have arachnophobia, and I'm sure JoseP927 is no exception.

Unless you have arachnophobia yourself, you'll never fully comprehend what it's like.
                          Everyone has a phobia of something. You can let a fear dictate your life. In essence you can't let a few spider prevent you from taking a refuge on an otherwise fine planet. Especially given the alternatives
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Everyone has a phobia of something. You can let a fear dictate your life. In essence you can't let a few spider prevent you from taking a refuge on an otherwise fine planet. Especially given the alternatives
                            I really, really, hate spiders, especially giant ones!

Comment

Originally posted by Daro View Post
                              Agreed. I think the events of every episode since "Justice" and culminating in "Human" have snapped Rush out of his cold and totally logical approach to the value of human life. We still see that he is a workaholic, and some might argue his concern was solely for the purpose of getting Eli, arguably the most potentially valuable person on Destiny, back. I'd think otherwise, though, considering all we've seen regarding his inner conflicts, and taking into account how he risked his life to save Chloe and sitting in the chair; if he was the same man he'd been in "Justice," he might have tried to convince Brody or Volker to go. Instead, he assumed the risk himself. I am not sure the old Rush would have done that. I think the character is growing and changing, which is nice to see in any show.
                              I completely agree with your assessment. Imo Rush has taken significant steps on the path towards his redemption. I would like to see some dialog where Young acknowledges that he recognizes what Rush has done and thanks him for it. Young’s command style tends to be abrupt and I think it is part of the problem he has had on Destiny. A heartfelt thanks to Rush would be a good step towards improving their relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhole View Post
                                I completely agree with your assessment. Imo Rush has taken significant steps on the path towards his redemption. I would like to see some dialog where Young acknowledges that he recognizes what Rush has done and thanks him for it. Young’s command style tends to be abrupt and I think it is part of the problem he has had on Destiny. A heartfelt thanks to Rush would be a good step towards improving their relationship.
                                Agreed. I think that a conversation like that is in order. Once the people on board Destiny (both Civillian and Military) see both Rush and Young at least making an effort to try and work together, then the morale of the ship will improve drastically. As long as there is an "us vs them" air about the ship, then they will always be plagued with morale issues and possibly not being able to work through situations that arise.
                                My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
                                "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Working...
                                X