Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked the part where Eli was looking at the screens aboard the alien ship and Chloe seemed to know something about them... not how to read them, exactly, but which one he should be focusing on... even though she didn't understand why. It seemed to me that she must have been given some kind of ability by the "blue aliens", something similar to having a Goa'uld marker like Sam, or Teyla's ability to sense the Wraith. If this is so, this should make Chloe even more useful than she has become in recent episodes. (Interesting that it is usually the women who have these abilities, although Rush seems to also have been transformed).

ArchaeoNerd

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
      That planet didn't have a gate remember.
      So they can go back to the Vermont planet and build a cabin. My point was, just a couple of episodes ago, two of the three young team wanted to stay behind. Why all of a sudden are they so anxious to get back to Destiny?

No need to get nasty about this.

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
        So they can go back to the Vermont planet and build a cabin. My point was, just a couple of episodes ago, two of the three young team wanted to stay behind. Why all of a sudden are they so anxious to get back to Destiny?
        In "Faith" the planet was a paradise. No planet in "Lost" came close to it.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
          In "Faith" the planet was a paradise. No planet in "Lost" came close to it.
          Besides the unstable ruins the original planet seems fine for life
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Besides the unstable ruins the original planet seems fine for life
            Unlike the ruins' planet, they spent a month on "Faith" planet, knowing much more about it.
            sigpic

Comment

Unlike the ruins' planet, they spent a month on "Faith" planet, knowing much more about it.
              They were able to discover it was liveable in a few hours. I bet the same tests were conducted on this planet
              Jelgate is right

Comment

They were able to discover it was liveable in a few hours. I bet the same tests were conducted on this planet
                Few hours vs. 4 weeks, still a considerable difference.
                sigpic

Comment

Few hours vs. 4 weeks, still a considerable difference.
                  But they knew the Faith planet was liveable in a few hours. The same probably can be said about the ruins planet
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by ArchaeoNerd View Post
                    I liked the part where Eli was looking at the screens aboard the alien ship and Chloe seemed to know something about them... not how to read them, exactly, but which one he should be focusing on... even though she didn't understand why. It seemed to me that she must have been given some kind of ability by the "blue aliens", something similar to having a Goa'uld marker like Sam, or Teyla's ability to sense the Wraith. If this is so, this should make Chloe even more useful than she has become in recent episodes. (Interesting that it is usually the women who have these abilities, although Rush seems to also have been transformed).

ArchaeoNerd
                    Women's intuition, maybe?

I guess I'm still a little conflicted about Chloe. Is she really that stupid or not? Is she just young and naive or not? Did the Aliens plant some kind of time bomb in her to go off later or did she "learn" something on her own? I don't know. I don't really buy her "reading Dr. Jackson's notes". It would take years to read it all, but if she watched the same videos Eli did, she could gain some things there.

I'm leaning toward the Blue Aliens planted something in her. Maybe Rush too, but he seems to have more will power to control his mind or control any exchange with the Blue Aliens. I was expecting him to find something while under the chair's influence. Maybe he did and just doesn't realize it yet.

We've been a little distracted by the romp through the ruins and stargates, but once Chloe gets in reach of some place the Blue Aliens have been (I don't think we know for sure that crashed ship is theirs, they could be scavengers like the Go'auld), she takes control of the team and guides their actions. To me, this is contrary to the "stupid and naive Chloe" we've generally seen. So, as of yet, I haven't decided what I think of Chloe. Is she finally coming out of shock and being a contributing member of the team? Or are the Blue Aliens controlling her?

I don't know.

Comment

But they knew the Faith planet was liveable in a few hours. The same probably can be said about the ruins planet
                      I would feel safer to live on a planet, where I've spent last weeks and know about local wildlife.
                      sigpic

Comment

Somebody was able to live there for a long time, hence, the ruins. LOL! Although that argument could be used both ways. Something happened to kill all the people and thus there are ruins

I still think it odd for such a vast difference of outlook, stay and live out your life or desperately try to get back to Destiny, in such a short time.

Comment

I would feel safer to live on a planet, where I've spent last weeks and know about local wildlife.
                          Given the Destiny is gone they don't have that luxury. And to further the point the people who "camped" on the Faith planet didn't what the wildlife was at the the time
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post

I get what you're saying, but the problem here was that the writers made time extremely relevant to the episode's conclusion right then and there. Wouldn't it have made more sense if Lt. James had said "2 minutes until Destiny goes into FTL"?
                            24 is in real time?

Sorry , not being a smart ass it's just that it's MEANT to be real time but never really felt it. Well , not for the last couple of years at least. Getting to you headquarters in Downtown LA during rush hour within 20 mins. Wow, like amazing .

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post

No need to get nasty about this.
                              Might have something to do with the fact that there was quite a few that wanted to stay on the "Faith" planet. Where as their current situation, there is only three of them.
                              My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
                              "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Pretty good ep! Greer's story didn't interest me greatly but it wasn't bad. I liked that there was more behind his father's problems than just drinking.
                                I seriously did not expect the trio to be left behind at the end. Wow, they were so close! That must really hurt, to have their way home in their grasp and then have it slip free. Just a few seconds earlier and... well I guess Rush's team might have been the one left behind in that case.
                                I quite liked the 'shopping mall map' discussion and Eli's use of his 'You are here' shirt for illustration
                                The snowy planet made me think 'they stepped into Narnia' LOL.

[edit]Also, I owe Saquist an apology: I'm glad to hear that sticking around ended up being worth it for you
                                Originally posted by Jelgate
                                I think Scott made the right choice of leaving Greer behind especially since he didn’t know they were dead.
                                Who was dead????
                                "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                                Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                                Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                                Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                                Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Working...
                                X