Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For a show that's called 'Stargate'...there isn't much 'Stargate' in it so far.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by escyos View Post
    its been 5 episodes, which translates as 2-3 days.. how much exploration could they have done
    a lot less than I need in order to remain interested. It's either they go out their soon or I take a nice break tell season two and start watching them again. Its just me, you know.
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

then stop watching and posting you'll be fine

Comment

You people do realize they use the gate IN THE VERY NEXT EPISODE, right?
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
          Something along the lines of off worl...er...ship missions. They need stuff, and instead of waiting for those needs to become problems they should seek out new stuff.
          I'm guessing they got a bit distracted by an unexpected power loss and thinking they were going to burn up in the sun. Getting more food and water wouldn't have been the first things on their minds when they believed they were going to die in a few hours.

For an episode that is not just an other seemingly random problem. That would keep my interest a lot more so than their current path.
          Which just goes to show that tastes in TV shows vary. I'm finding problems about basic survival a refreshing change from characters setting off to find the latest device that goes BOOM so they can blow up enemy spacecraft.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eestlanna View Post
            I know, but they could still try and end up somewhere else, like parallel universe or future or past or so. They could use it to bring some new (or old) people on board for example.
            Save it for the 3rd season finalle when they need to change up the cast and plots!

Comment

It does seem odd that the gate isn't used much, but it is early in the show, and the last season of Atlantis had more ship than gate travel.
              For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. -Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                I'm guessing they got a bit distracted by an unexpected power loss and thinking they were going to burn up in the sun. Getting more food and water wouldn't have been the first things on their minds when they believed they were going to die in a few hours.
                That tends to happen when you fly into a star, doesn't it. Unfortunately what is necessary for realism is not beneficial for continued entertainment. A show being good is not enough for me. It has to have something, alluring. Something else to offer. I have just watched the first episode of Merlin, a nice British show. It is good, however what lures me in is a childhood fantasy of king Arthur and the round table, of magic and a adventure.

Survival just isn't one of my childhood fantasies. I need more than just a Good show or even a great show to keep me tuned in. I watch TV and read books to tap into my past fantasies, this is why I enjoyed SG-1.
                Which just goes to show that tastes in TV shows vary. I'm finding problems about basic survival a refreshing change from characters setting off to find the latest device that goes BOOM so they can blow up enemy spacecraft.
                I'll admit that it did start to ware off.

However SGU needs to show me something related to my Childhood fantasies.

NCIS has the common cops and robbers theme.
                SG-1 had us versus them in the present that always fascinated me.
                Psych has the fun adventure antics that we as children enjoyed.
                Monk has the same thing as NCIS
                Star wars the Clone wars...need I say how this is related to my childhood fantasies?

and so on. So far nothing is tying me into SGU. Being stuck in space isn't something I played with. Though I did enjoy Space cases as a kid, I did so because it was a new Idea for me. I never seen anything like it, but know I have seen enough Stuck/lost in space.

So for know I wait, hopefully Water well show me if there is anything to look for in the future.
                By Nolamom
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by skajkingdom View Post
                  5 episodes already and we still haven't seen the Wormhole effect yet!
                  Really? I hadn't realised that.
                  "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                  Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                  Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                  Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                  Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

The wormhole effect kinda got tiresome in SG over the years...
                    I'll be happy to watch it again though, if they actually show someone getting into it (like in the original movie) - or they change it into something cooler
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                      You people do realize they use the gate IN THE VERY NEXT EPISODE, right?
                      i think he means a group of 4 (or 3...or 5) going offworld, meeting a new race, getting captures, discovering the leader is evil, killing him, freeing the people, going home

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                        i think he means a group of 4 (or 3...or 5) going offworld, meeting a new race, getting captures, discovering the leader is evil, killing him, freeing the people, going home
                        Heh, I've already watched that episode enough times
                        "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                        Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                        Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                        Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                        Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

I also like the Wormhole effect. It makes the whole thing more visceral.
                          Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by renboy View Post
                            The wormhole effect kinda got tiresome in SG over the years...
                            I'll be happy to watch it again though, if they actually show someone getting into it (like in the original movie) - or they change it into something cooler
                            Funny, I like the effect, but don't miss it. No wormhole effect doesn't take anything away from gate travel. Imo.

But we saw it in the trailers, more silver than blue, so we're probably going to see it.
                            sigpic

Comment

However SGU needs to show me something related to my Childhood fantasies.
                              My introduction to science fiction when I was a child was the BBC radio series Journey Into Space.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journey_Into_Space

I listened to an episode again on the internet - a lot of it involved rocket launch procedures and a few minutes were spent on news about a meteorite hitting a pressurised dome on the moon. This news had nothing whatsoever to do with the plot - it was just there so the BBC could educate its listeners about what would happen in such a scenario.

This gave me a love for technical details in science fiction. I was genuinely delighted to learn that the Destiny has a water recycling system and the air scrubbers could be made operational again with calcium carbonate. One of my favourite kino interviews was with the scientist who went into detail about the star system. I'm hoping that tonight's episode gives details of how enough of what they're looking for is taken on board and where it's stored.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                                My introduction to science fiction when I was a child was the BBC radio series Journey Into Space.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journey_Into_Space

I listened to an episode again on the internet - a lot of it involved rocket launch procedures and a few minutes were spent on news about a meteorite hitting a pressurised dome on the moon. This news had nothing whatsoever to do with the plot - it was just there so the BBC could educate its listeners about what would happen in such a scenario.

This gave me a love for technical details in science fiction. I was genuinely delighted to learn that the Destiny has a water recycling system and the air scrubbers could be made operational again with calcium carbonate. One of my favourite kino interviews was with the scientist who went into detail about the star system. I'm hoping that tonight's episode gives details of how enough of what they're looking for is taken on board and where it's stored.
                                Hmm did this apply to SG-1?
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X