Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For a show that's called 'Stargate'...there isn't much 'Stargate' in it so far.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malfunction View Post
    From the pictures I've seen of 'Water' the stargate will be in use in this episode, perhaps now that Destiny has power again they can dial stargates further away than we saw in 'Air part 3.' We know Destiny can dial Earth, so it should also be able to dial any other stargate it wants.
    so what is the episode after "Water" called?

Let's play:
    Air
    Dark
    Light
    Water
    ???
    Heat?
    Food?

I see a pattern here, all about the basic needs of a human being???

and if that's the case, one of my basic needs is a strong, attractive, intelligent, hott looking male lead,,,,,waiting

(no, IMO none of the males have those qualities so far, except I really can see Rush becoming a very hott character if only they would start to show him in some "strong silent but heart of gold" moments, *fingers crossed*)
    General Jack O'Neill, still HOTTer than ever!

Comment

It's called Earth, because they run out of mud.

Comment

Originally posted by missmobius View Post

Let's play:
        Air
        Dark
        Light
        Water
        ???
        Heat?
        Food?

and if that's the case, one of my basic needs is a strong, attractive, intelligent, hott looking male lead,,,,,waiting

(no, IMO none of the males have those qualities so far, except I really can see Rush becoming a very hott character if only they would start to show him in some "strong silent but heart of gold" moments, *fingers crossed*)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
          Do notice how the non-gate episodes increase as the shows gets older?
          I think this was in general because as the series' went on, they ended up making the settings 'smaller'.

In the movie and early on in SG-1, the Stargate was really our only link to the rest of the universe, so to speak. There were a lot more other planets and alien races..so many races that were enemies of the Gould so to speak and others who knew of them. As SG-1 in particular progressed, the universe got 'smaller' and there was a less of a feeling of a small human race peering humbly through the Stargate at a big wide galaxy out there, especially as the ships became more prominent.
          If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
          Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

Can you say shallow?
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
              List of episodes in SG1 and SGA were they didn't use the gate

SG1:
              Spoiler:
              The Enemy Within
              Point of View
              Politics (clip show)
              Tangent
              The Curse
              Desperate Measures
              Wormhole X-Treme!
              Proving Ground
              Descent
              Frozen
              Nightwalkers
              Prometheus
              Unnatural Selection
              Smoke & Mirrors
              Disclosure (clip show)
              Fragile Balance
              Grace
              Chimera
              Resurrection
              Inauguration (clip show)
              Affinity
              Prometheus Unbound
              Citizen Joe (clip show)
              Ex Deus Machina
              Crusade
              Insiders
              Memento Mori
              The Road Not Taken
              Bounty

SGA:
              Spoiler:
              The Defiant One
              Hot Zone
              The Gift
              The Siege, Part 3
              The Intruder
              Aurora
              Critical Mass
              Grace Under Pressure
              Allies, Part 1
              The Real World (Unless you count Weir's fantasy world)
              McKay and Mrs. Miller
              Echoes
              Tao of Rodney
              Sunday
              Submersion
              Tabula Rasa
              Quarantine
              The Seed
              The Daedalus Variations
              The Lost Tribe
              Infection
              Vegas

If the gate has been used off-screen in an episode it is not on the list.

Do notice how the non-gate episodes increase as the shows gets older?
              First of all, I am well aware that SG-1 or Sheppard's Atlantis team didn't go through the gate themselves in EVERY episode, but I bet the gate was at least mentioned or shown in every episode on both your lists EvilSpaceAlien. All I was poiting out was that on a show called Stargate, TPTB hadn't even shown the gate referenced it in any dialogue in the last episode - and very little did they do this the episode before. Im sure it won't last forever and I would wager a trip through the Stargate or two is in order next week. Without the Stargate however, this show is quite literally simply 'Universe'.

On another note, now the Destiny is at full power, would they not just simply be able to dial Earth and return home now?
              Last edited by Nova69; 28 October 2009, 06:28 AM. Reason: Misspelling
              Check out my Stargate Fan-Fic:
              STARGATE : REGENESIS

Comment

Originally posted by Nova69 View Post
                First of all, I am well aware that SG-1 or Sheppard's Atlantis team didn't go through the gate themselves in EVERY episode, but I bet the gate was at least mentioned or shown in every episode on both your lists EvilSpaceAlien. All I was poiting out was that on a show called Stargate, TPTB hadn't even shown the gate referenced it in any dialogue in the last episode - and very little did they do this the episode before. Im sure it won't last forever and I would wager a trip through the Stargate or two is in order next week. Without the Stargate however, this show is quite literally simply 'Universe'.
                Well you know their was the important issue of people dying and they did show it Light. It just wasn't used of mentioned and considering the power issues I can see how not mentioning it would be understandable.
                On another note, now the Destiny is at full power, would they not just simply be able to dial Earth and return home now?
                Water spoilers
                Spoiler:
                The Destiny is only at 40% of original power
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Nova69 View Post
                  The gate was at least mentioned in the first four episodes, from Air to Darkness, and shown in Light (And the previous four too). Next week, it'll be used for offworld tomfoolery.

Problem solved?
                  ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

They should at least try to dial Earth. In fact, it's weird they didn't try it right away they got most of the power back.

Comment

Originally posted by Eestlanna View Post
                      They should at least try to dial Earth. In fact, it's weird they didn't try it right away they got most of the power back.
                      Spoiler:
                      According to a preview of Water, they don't want to risk dialling Earth lest their power drop again, and Rush explains that they couldn't anyway, due to insufficient power.

And besides, they had to get the shuttle back first, and they probably went right back into FTL following that. With no fixed location, they couldn't dial, and Rush probably warned them against it.
                      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Sure the show is called Stargate, but that doesn't mean it needs to have a Stargate in the episode, just stories and mythology surrounding it.

Comment

Let's play:
                          Air
                          Dark
                          Light
                          Water
                          ???
                          Heat?
                          Food?

Why do people insist on posting things like "ZOMG I can't wait to see an episode called "Digestion"! Stupid lame titles!"
                          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I sadly think this will be a trend. I believe it was mentioned by the creators that this would be more of a space based show. So less use of the Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by StarFighter View Post
                              I sadly think this will be a trend. I believe it was mentioned by the creators that this would be more of a space based show. So less use of the Stargate.
                              Actually, they said this will have "more space-based action" (I'm paraphrasing here.) over "ground-based action". The show should feature the Stargate a lot, just not as much "pew pew!!11 I shootz!111" at the random alien of the week, once you step through. Actually, in my humble opinion and what I can tell, the Stargate will be featured more than Atlantis because the gate is essential to their survival. Their lifeline, so they are gonna use it a lot and we are gonna see it more.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                              and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

I hope SGU will become more stargateish soon. For example, they could find a way to dial to the other dimension or parallel universe or smt. And some people perhaps could come through that way. Maybe someone we know.

Comment

Working...
                                X