Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For a show that's called 'Stargate'...there isn't much 'Stargate' in it so far.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to admit some of my favorite episodes revolved around the gate and when it didn't work right. Like when Teal'c got stuck in the gate buffer or when they dialed the black hole or when the Jumper got stuck in the middle of the gate. I'm hoping that we'll see that in Universe eventually since the gates are obviously old and may malfunction. But I still like the show though even without those type stories.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
      There is NO POINT! Thats like saying Earth should at least try to dial Destiny. It absolutely will NOT work. It took the power of an exploding planet to get them there. Destiny did not absorb that kinda power from a sun. And even if it had i doubt it would allow itsself to blow up to send humans home.
      I know, but they could still try and end up somewhere else, like parallel universe or future or past or so. They could use it to bring some new (or old) people on board for example.

Comment

Originally posted by Eestlanna View Post
        They should at least try to dial Earth. In fact, it's weird they didn't try it right away they got most of the power back.
        Knowing how much power it takes to dial the gate and establish a wormhole, I'm sure they either knew it wouldn't work or didn't want to risk draining the ship's remaining power and still not be able to achieve a lock.

(I'm sorry... I was half asleep during my catch-up marathon of SGU. I know they talked about this. I just don't remember exactly what was said.)
        sigpic

See ya at the con, baby! (L.A. '11) (L.A. '10) (L.A. '09) (Burbank '08) (Burbank '07)

Comment

I agree not much Stargate, but I do like the direction that the show is going!!
          I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
            Yes. It's only the epsiodes were there's no stargate use at all that are on the list. Episode were the gate is used, but not seen are not included in the list.
            Lost Tribe had gate use I think. Didn't Jackson go back to Earth?

Comment

Originally posted by Ekras View Post
              Lost Tribe had gate use I think. Didn't Jackson go back to Earth?
              Lost Tribe had gate
              Spoiler:
              explosion
              "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
              Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
              Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
              Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
              Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Pfft... why even name a show after a device that will inevitably explode a few seasons in? I smell another BSG comparison!
                ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

What worries me is this:

5 episodes already and we still haven't seen the Wormhole effect yet!

(or did I miss something here...?)

So much for "stargate".

Comment

Originally posted by skajkingdom View Post
                    What worries me is this:

5 episodes already and we still haven't seen the Wormhole effect yet!

(or did I miss something here...?)

So much for "stargate".
                    So the 'wormhole effect' is the only thing that makes stargate... that may be true for you.

For me, I got tired of seeing it. Like, hello, we know how the gate works already - let's get to the point.

Anyways, it's a different gate - maybe the effect is different.

I know TPTB said it's gonna be a more space based show, but does that mean that we can't have crew members gating to other ships?

Hmm?
                    Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Obvious View Post
                      in rebuttal, "Star Trek" DS9 was based on a space station, stationary around a planet/system. Many stories did not involve flying around space, "trekking" from one star to another.
                      Have to agree with you here. The show's title 'Stargate Universe' tells us that the series takes place within the same fictional universe as Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis.

It's nice when they use the stargate but I don't want the series to be stargate driven in that the writers are obliged to produce a set number of stories per season where somebody uses one. One of the problems I had with SGA is that I got the impression the writers were obliged to produce a set number of stories per season featuring running around with guns and big explosions.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                        Have to agree with you here. The show's title 'Stargate Universe' tells us that the series takes place within the same fictional universe as Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis.

It's nice when they use the stargate but I don't want the series to be stargate driven in that the writers are obliged to produce a set number of stories per season where somebody uses one. One of the problems I had with SGA is that I got the impression the writers were obliged to produce a set number of stories per season featuring running around with guns and big explosions.
                        I feel the same... the formula bled itself dry, and SGA became a mockery of the franchise for it.

Besides, we've seen the stargate used several times already, just not in the past two episodes.
                        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                          I feel the same... the formula bled itself dry, and SGA became a mockery of the franchise for it.

Besides, we've seen the stargate used several times already, just not in the past two episodes.
                          The thing is that many people, myself included, can get easily tired of the same old line. They fix one problem and another one pops up. While this can be entertaining it is not stargate.

Don't get me wrong, I think the show is good, but I do want Stargate. I only hope that I won't lose interest. The best way to insure this is to add the occasional "Normal gate" episode.
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                            Don't get me wrong, I think the show is good, but I do want Stargate. I only hope that I won't lose interest. The best way to insure this is to add the occasional "Normal gate" episode.
                            What do you class as a normal gate episode? There's got to be a reason for the Destiny people to use their gate because this isn't the SGC sending teams out on various missions.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                              What do you class as a normal gate episode? There's got to be a reason for the Destiny people to use their gate because this isn't the SGC sending teams out on various missions.
                              Something along the lines of off worl...er...ship missions. They need stuff, and instead of waiting for those needs to become problems they should seek out new stuff. Go boldly where they should go. and Meet strange new things in strange new worlds as they try to survive. For an episode that is not just an other seemingly random problem. That would keep my interest a lot more so than their current path.

This is why I am looking foreword to Water, hopefully they well start doing what I hope.
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

its been 5 episodes, which translates as 2-3 days.. how much exploration could they have done

Comment

Working...
                                X